Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally LOVE CBR. It's been my resort of choice for many years! Beautiful and awesome island theme. If you can put in a request for the village of Barbados or Martinique. Both are close to Old Port Royale (food court) and both have early bus stops in the CBR loop...so getting a bus during peak times won't be a problem! :thumbsup2

+1

We've stayed in Martinique a couple of times. CBR is my sentimental favorite in all of WDW.

My TA has been on and off hold all morning, and I'm going over every scenario in my head, so here's my question. I've tried the website but its not working....we are wanting to switch to POP, CBR or CSR BUT if they are all booked, what is the cheapest Deluxe?

Usually Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Logde:goodvibes

Uh no been on hold for 2hrs 7 mins. And my phone battery is down to 17%. Please pick up!!!!

Oh no! I hope someone picks up soon. Our corless battery died on me while I was on hold. Fortunately, I had called on my cell too. I used up 50% of my battery in the two hours and 15 minutes I was on the phone.

Omg!! Whew! Got it booked! Switched from Standard CL @ BC to Deluxe Club level @ Wilderness Lodge!! Man I spoke to was amazing & even offered to call me back if I lost him in the tunnel! Waited 45 min @ home, had to hang up ;( Called diff # from hubby's # (chat#) then another 30min on wDisney Line-they said that there was 300 ppl in the que this a.m. & now 500!
Got my FD & a bigger room for us (we were thinking 2 rooms) SO excited! PD for everyone!

I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear from my TA! Hopefully she calls soon to tell me that she modified our reservations to include FD. If not, at least i will be at Disney for my October birthday!

I talked to a CM and wasn't able to get anything discounted at poly for 10/19-10/26.

Were you trying to make a new reservation or apply the discounts to an existing reservation? I have a friend who wants Poly around that time and they already have a reservation but she can't get through.

That seems odd. Why wouldn't they have put it on the exclusions list if all the discounted rooms were booked and they didn't need more bookings?

Did the CM check all the dates 10/19-10/26? I believe the dates that are causing the problem are 10/24 (Thu) and 10/25 (Fri). When I first tried (online) to get either FD or RO for 10/19-10/25 for the Poly I was getting a message that there was no availability. When I played with the dates I was able to get FD or RO for 10/19-10/23 only; 10/24 & 10/25 were not available. I'm going to call Disney and modify my original undiscounted reservation to just 10/24 & 10/25 and link it to my FD reservation for 10/19-10/23.

Were you trying to make a new reservation or apply the discounts to an existing reservation? I have a friend who wants Poly around that time and they already have a reservation but she can't get through.

We had two rooms booked at YC, and tried to apply anything there, was able to only get FD with one and not the other because it was a lagoon view. Poly was our back up, but nothing was available there with any discount. Hoping some rooms get added to the FD or RO block and we can change. We ended up booking at AKL, which is great, but we would rather have more than just bus options for transportation if we are paying for deluxe.

So, I should just give up right? I've been holding for over two hours, mostly at this point because I'm curious to see if anyone will ever pick up. But anyway, we already have a reservation, at ASMo, fully paid. FD would just be a bonus for us. I'm happy to switch to ASMu or Pop, but not if it's going to cost more than $100, because I don't think that FD will save us much more than $150-$180 because of the way we eat and the length of our stay. QS dining gets each adult one QS meal & one snack per day, right? So over five days it would save us roughly $25-$35 a day? This is just not worth me continuing to hold is it.

Zero availability at POR during a very slow week is a sham. After 2 hours on hold I then spent an hour with a cast member who must have been new.

I ended up switching to a deluxe, but am considering cancelling the trip. With a family of 5 they make it too hard to find a hotel at a fair price.

I just can't believe that so many resorts are sold out.. It is only 9:37! I guess with so many being excluded.. I'm so disappointed. :(

I can't help but wonder if they only released a limited of number of rooms today. Do you think that is possible? If you try back tomorrow or the next day or next week will there suddenly be more availability? Like there were "cancellations"? :confused3

+1

We've stayed in Martinique a couple of times. CBR is my sentimental favorite in all of WDW.

Same here! I just love the relaxed theme and beautiful music around the whole resort. I just love it there!

This year we are trying AKL. It's my kids first time (4 and 2) and we really wanted the SV rooms. Worried about the travel time though to the other parks from AKL. Can anyone provide feedback on this who has done AKL with little ones? Is the longer bus ride a nightmare? Especially if you need mid-day breaks?

It keeps flicking me to the check availability screen. :confused3
I think we've toasted the phone lines and the website. I'm going to try again later. Being as we want to go Dec. 19, I'm not convinced we will have availability in a basic room in a mod resort anyway.

On hold for 2 hours, but saved 1,000 on our reservation at Pop. Really wanted RR, but will keep looking to see if anything opens.

So, I should just give up right? I've been holding for over two hours, mostly at this point because I'm curious to see if anyone will ever pick up. But anyway, we already have a reservation, at ASMo, fully paid. FD would just be a bonus for us. I'm happy to switch to ASMu or Pop, but not if it's going to cost more than $100, because I don't think that FD will save us much more than $150-$180 because of the way we eat and the length of our stay. QS dining gets each adult one QS meal & one snack per day, right? So over five days it would save us roughly $25-$35 a day? This is just not worth me continuing to hold is it.

quick service is 2 counter service meals and 1 snack per person per night.

Is there a way to book three rooms online together? I have an existing reservation but can't get through on the phone lines and was thinking about booking online and then canceling my existing reservation later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter