• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks! I just wanted to share an interesting article written by the Magic Man! Disney sent him a survey regarding deal-seeking behavior. Did any of you also get this survey???? If you did, please share thoughts.:thumbsup2

http://**************.net/2013/08/05/an-interesting-disney-world-survey-and-the-future-of-room-deals/

Last survey I took was the one asking about Star Wars Land. They make them quite detailed. Looks like they're scoping out consumer sentiment on deals, and how dependent they will have to be on them in the future.

Ok I haven't been on the boards for a while.... If I book our trip for November 23- 27, will we still get free dining? We have done this in the past but you know the rules are always changing!

black562 said:
Last survey I took was the one asking about Star Wars Land. They make them quite detailed. Looks like they're scoping out consumer sentiment on deals, and how dependent they will have to be on them in the future.

I took that one too!

I was making a mental list this morning of things I still need to do:

• Call and request bed rails for my niece
  • keep checking for BOG ADR (2 picky eaters in our party so may just do lunch)
  • decide if I should buy trip insurance? going 10/19-26 and the only issue would be weather related which we would handle through the airline and Disney
  • On line check in or not? we are requesting connecting or adjoining rooms. Will we have a better chance if I don't do OLCI
  • add preferred CS spots to my spreadsheet so when the kids are hungry, we can find a place easiy.
  • Oh ya- make a reservation to board the cat, didn't have that on the list. Poor kitty won't be happy.

Oh shoot! I'm still on the fence about online check in. We're booked in a bunk bed room at WL because that was the only way my TA could get us free dining, but my son is 6 foot 2 (at age 14!). I was sorta hoping that they would take one look at him at check in and just move us to a regular room with the same view. Or can I make that request on online check in? I don't think I can because bunk bed rooms are a "room class" all by themselves. So I'm really stumped there. :confused3

Haha! Me too! And we're keep it a secret from our kids so I'm REALLY about to lose it! lol

I would die! Santa "gave" us a trip when my son was 7. We had booked it in August. I thought I would never make it to Christmas. I'm very bad a keeping secrets! :crazy2:

allaboutaprincess said:
Ok I haven't been on the boards for a while.... If I book our trip for November 23- 27, will we still get free dining? We have done this in the past but you know the rules are always changing!

We check in on 23 as well and have free dining for our length of stay.

I think you have to have at least 2 day tickets in addition to three nights. And of course if your hotel still has availability, you should qualify.

Oh shoot! I'm still on the fence about online check in. We're booked in a bunk bed room at WL because that was the only way my TA could get us free dining, but my son is 6 foot 2 (at age 14!). I was sorta hoping that they would take one look at him at check in and just move us to a regular room with the same view. Or can I make that request on online check in? I don't think I can because bunk bed rooms are a "room class" all by themselves. So I'm really stumped there. :confused3:

there are a couple of threads on the Resort board that its suggested if you have specific room requests that its better no to do OLCI.:confused3 2009 we traveled with family, did OLCI (was 10 days then), requested connecting rooms and got them with no problems. I have a few more weeks to figure it out. My sis and I want connecting or adjoining rooms or at least rooms close to one another.

there are a couple of threads on the Resort board that its suggested if you have specific room requests that its better no to do OLCI.:confused3 2009 we traveled with family, did OLCI (was 10 days then), requested connecting rooms and got them with no problems. I have a few more weeks to figure it out. My sis and I want connecting or adjoining rooms or at least rooms close to one another.

That's my problem. I hear good things on both sides of the fence. Does the time that you check in in person have any bearing on the situation, I wonder? We are spending the day at Universal before we check in, so we won't be checking in until very late afternoon, and by then, I'm worried that all the regular courtyard view rooms will be gone.

Any one know where I can find (in writing preferably from Disney themselves) information about online check in 60 days in advance instead of only 10 days?

Any one know where I can find (in writing preferably from Disney themselves) information about online check in 60 days in advance instead of only 10 days?

Can't do a link sorry but it is on website. Disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/online-resort-check-in

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There was a request for some photos from The Wave. Here they are, and I hope you all enjoy them. I was pleasantly surprised after being bumped from Crystal Palace (due to the Night of Joy) at the last minute before my trip...this was all I could find. It was so good, I'm going back this year as well...just before the Halloween party.
[/IMG]

Again, you had me sold with the desert trio's. :rotfl2:

Thanks Black!

Just checked even though I am not switching again, there is a royal room river view available with FD at POR for nov 11-16. It's tempting but I just don't want to do the split stay, maybe change rooms, maybe be able to get tickets early for Sunday. So we are sticking with AoA.

We're staying the same time and its really not that big of a deal . We got fd November 11-17 and doing a room only on the 10th at pofq got a garden view with 20% off and you can just walk over to POR to check in.

August 19- September 15, 4x fuel points on gift cards at Kroger!

This saves me more than the 5% off at Target. I need $400 more in gift cards to cover our dining. At target I would save $20. At Kroger I get 1600 points, $1.60 off per gallon. I usually do a 15 gallon fill up so I save $24. I can pay for the gift cards with my disney visa and earn back $4 on the gift card purchase!

August 19- September 15, 4x fuel points on gift cards at Kroger!

This saves me more than the 5% off at Target. I need $400 more in gift cards to cover our dining. At target I would save $20. At Kroger I get 1600 points, $1.60 off per gallon. I usually do a 15 gallon fill up so I save $24. I can pay for the gift cards with my disney visa and earn back $4 on the gift card purchase!

Thanks for the heads up at Krogers. I had not seen that yet. Time to purchase a few more gift cards!
Melissa

I know I'll still get some perks, but will I still get the amount I would if I had booked through Disney? And, I can't use Disney gift cards to pay through this supplier. Oh, this is so irritating!!

You may be correct.... Still not sure! If nothing else, you can use your gift cards on anything while you're at Disney!!!

Hi gang!!!:wave2: Made it over....It took me a while to get through the other thread since I was unable to get on over the weekend much .

I posted on that one too, but I am from NC. I was born in a small town in eastern NC but have been in CAry, which is close to Raleigh, for the past 19 years. My DH is from Syracuse and he runs into more people from his home town than I do...:confused3

I am also a SAHM and my DH works in the RTP (Research Triangle Park) lab world. I feel like I am a honorary cab driver though because that is where I spend my time...:dance3: driving from LAX, to soccer, to basketball, to swimming, to dance, to schools, to grocery to get wine...:rotfl: Not complaining though, I love it!

I am most excited about staying on property for the first time. :yay::yay: We have a lot of hotel points so that has always been a hard sale with DH.

Smitch, love the pics!!:)

Just booked it for Oct 21....Dd bday....we did it before and weren't going to do it again....but since it is her 15th bday I thought it might be a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are also booked for Oct 21st so JL and I will be fighting over the chocolate cake.:rotfl2:

I also have a ADR that night at 1900 Prime (my dd loves the stepsisters) at 7 that I keep trying to find another time for but have not been able to yet....I really hope I can. That would not work I don't believe.:rolleyes:

Alright, check in with you guys later. Off to the movies with kids.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter