Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magical express accident is very sad. I read an article online where a woman riding the bus said her kids were traumatized. While I don't doubt it was a very frightening situation, I can't help but think if they were so traumatized, why were you off doing an interview? Wonder how many people will try to sue Mears and Disney.

My trip is in 90 days. Still need to book flights. Today the price dropped dramatically, but not with the airline we usually fly. This airline would have a layover, making our three hour trip six to eight hours. Plus we would have to pay for the checked bags and we have the credit card that gives free bags for a different airline. So with all that figured in, it's not that much cheaper. Hoping the airline I want follows the price drop.

The magical express accident is very sad. I read an article online where a woman riding the bus said her kids were traumatized. While I don't doubt it was a very frightening situation, I can't help but think if they were so traumatized, why were you off doing an interview? Wonder how many people will try to sue Mears and Disney.

My trip is in 90 days. Still need to book flights. Today the price dropped dramatically, but not with the airline we usually fly. This airline would have a layover, making our three hour trip six to eight hours. Plus we would have to pay for the checked bags and we have the credit card that gives free bags for a different airline. So with all that figured in, it's not that much cheaper. Hoping the airline I want follows the price drop.

She didnt do an interview, she tweeted it, which is worse. Why aren't you consoling your traumatized children instead of being on twitter?

She didnt do an interview, she tweeted it, which is worse. Why aren't you consoling your traumatized children instead of being on twitter?

However it was said -- glad someone agrees me!
I try not to get too opinionated on here but that really struck a nerve with me.

If my kids were traumatized the last thing I would be doing is tweeting! It's really sad how addicted to social media ppl are!

Nechville said:
It's been my dream to stay at Beach Club -- until I found out about the busing from there! Stops at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and then Beach Club? I would expect more from a Deluxe! I know you can walk to Epcot, and it has the boats to Epcot and HS, but it is very disappointing to hear how many others it shares with. Makes me reconsider until my kids are much older to be able to be patient/stand for that long.

I'm with ya! It just seems a bit much. I wouldn't consider staying on site if it wasn't for the transportation. I have a DD 6 and 4. If I have to get in a car to drive to a park I feel like I should stay off site. My opinion only but that's my main reason.

black562 said:
Hey guys. I'll be on and off the boards for the next few days, as I attend a Travel & Tourism Conference in Richmond.

I take it y'all can manage things just fine?

If we must!! ;)

I thought the exact same thing. She wants to try and get something out of it.

I'm with ya! It just seems a bit much. I wouldn't consider staying on site if it wasn't for the transportation. I have a DD 6 and 4. If I have to get in a car to drive to a park I feel like I should stay off site. My opinion only but that's my main reason.

Can you easily park your car at poly, GF, or Contemp.? I just read a tip to drive the car to one of those resorts, then hop on the monorail. This seems much easier than going to TTC to get into MK, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to park there? :confused3 We have an 8:10 ressie at CRT and don't want to rely on the bus....I'm afraid we'll be late if buses don't start running until one hout before park opening.
We are staying at POR......

Can you easily park your car at poly, GF, or Contemp.? I just read a tip to drive the car to one of those resorts, then hop on the monorail. This seems much easier than going to TTC to get into MK, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to park there? :confused3 We have an 8:10 ressie at CRT and don't want to rely on the bus....I'm afraid we'll be late if buses don't start running until one hout before park opening.
We are staying at POR......

You can valet park at those resorts for the day, but you cannot park there for the day for free or you risk being towed. You can drive to CR and eat/explore (3 hour max.), and then drive to TTC to park for the day.

Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, a Magical Express bus has been involved in a crash with a car. There is one dead and a few injuries.

So sad...

This is very sad. My heart goes out to that woman's family. :sad1:

I have to hope my wife does not find out about this or she may try to convince me not to use magical express, even though no one on the bus seems to have been seriously injured.

I am staying in a Garden View room at POR and was thinking about putting in a room request. Any suggestions? We aren't really picky and don't mind having to walk, but it would be nice to get one of those outer corner rooms with two wall's of windows. Just not sure the best way to make that request.

You can valet park at those resorts for the day, but you cannot park there for the day for free or you risk being towed. You can drive to CR and eat/explore (3 hour max.), and then drive to TTC to park for the day.

Thanks. I better not risk it. We would need to park from about 7:30-11:30. I read somewhere that you can tell them you have an early ADR, and they will send a bus for you. Do you know if this is accurate info?

Does anyone else use the TWiz app to determine the best way to get around the Disney property? Is there a better alternative out there?

This is very sad. My heart goes out to that woman's family. :sad1:

I have to hope my wife does not find out about this or she may try to convince me not to use magical express, even though no one on the bus seems to have been seriously injured.

I was thinking the same about my husband... I certainly did not bring it up. Not when he is questioning the length of our trip as it is!

Such a sad, sad thing to happen.

TDDisney said:
Thanks. I better not risk it. We would need to park from about 7:30-11:30. I read somewhere that you can tell them you have an early ADR, and they will send a bus for you. Do you know if this is accurate info?

Talk to your hotel's concierge a day or two beforehand, and they will tell you the best way to get there on time. There is an "early bus" for ADRs but they will tell you if you need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DISBoards

I am staying in a Garden View room at POR and was thinking about putting in a room request. Any suggestions? We aren't really picky and don't mind having to walk, but it would be nice to get one of those outer corner rooms with two wall's of windows. Just not sure the best way to make that request.

Just ask for a corner room! As far as I know, they all have the extra windows.
I'm tying to figure out my request as well. I originally wanted preferred but got standard (AB, for 5), when FD came out. I think I just want a building that is along the main path, I guess that would be 38 or 39. Do you think I should ask for the building numbers, or do you think they will know what I mean if I say along the main river path? I just do not want a room too "deep in the bayou"! My second request would be the corner room too, I'm sure we will need that extra room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter