Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a direct bus from AK to EPCOT. All parks have a direct bus, but for travel to and from MK, you must go to the TTC. They are building more bus stops at MK to eliminate the ned to go to the TTC, but I dont know when those will be done. Robo has a good transportation post. You might try an advanced search to find it.

ETA: Here it is...

http://www.htp.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48903798&postcount=20

Thanks. it's been 4 years and for the life on me I couldn't remember if you could take the bus from park to park.

Don't want to get your hopes up, but maybe this is a good sign. I have emailed several times now, and have gotten responses within a matter of hours. (Annoying responses that feel like they didn't even read the email.....for example, one was about having trouble requesting a fridge for DH diabetic meds. due to our Travelocity ressie.....Disney says they can't access it to make request. The response was to request a fridge! ....like, "DUH? I'm trying. Thanks for the help....not!" .....I called this am and got a very helpful CM who put me on hold while she talked to the wholesale dept. She said it is now on my ressie. :)
The automatic email says it may take longer if they need to contact other departments, and other ppl have heard good news on day 7. So, maybe you'll still get good news.....maybe it's a good thing that you didn't get a quick response.

I'm trying to stay positive, I just have no patience. And I will be highly disappointed with Disney if they ignore my complaint.

About to cancel a FD por reservation checking in on 11/13 ( not sure how fast it would go back to be booked?? But hope someone can get it.

Or TA emailed me this morning and td me she got us was able to move our FD res at CBR with her over to por. So we are keeping that res and canceling the one I booked yesterday. Hope one of you that want/need it get it!!!

I'm trying to stay positive, I just have no patience. And I will be highly disappointed with Disney if they ignore my complaint.

I completely understand. I have no patience myself. I never should have changed my reservation to Travelocity bc not being able to do things (like link tix and add room request...fridge for meds) is driving me absolutely crazy. I love reading these Dis threads, but sometimes they make me more upset. While I am happy for the people who got FD, it is frustrating when I can't even get a fridge request in and other people are getting FD for sending an email. (Please don't take this the wrong way, everyone. It is just a bummer when I'm trying to get a simple thing done and have to jump through hoops to get it. .....It is my own fault, though, for booking through Travelocity....never again!)

About to cancel a FD por reservation checking in on 11/13 ( not sure how fast it would go back to be booked?? But hope someone can get it.

Or TA emailed me this morning and td me she got us was able to move our FD res at CBR with her over to por. So we are keeping that res and canceling the one I booked yesterday. Hope one of you that want/need it get it!!!

Cancel completed

Hey Smitch....My refund has shown up on my credit cards. Remember, the CM asked which card to do refund?.... Well, was very close to what you said. I requested it to go on my Discover, but only $100 went on that (put $200 deposit on that). The rest went on my Disney visa. I lost out on the $150 for insurance (as I was expecting). They took $100 from the discover and $50 from visa due to the insurance. I am thankful to see the refunds posted!

Great! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I looked back through my emails and I emailed them on July 31st and got a reply on August 3rd so I sent another email right back saying "Dear Mr. Barker, I did inquire about the free dining plan and resort discount at Bay Lake Towers And my room type is not eligible for either discount. You can't say I didn't try but I am very disappointed about not getting any kind of discount. Maybe you will reconsider. It would mean alot to me. Thank you for your time, have a nice day. My reservation number is xxxxxxxxxxx just in case I do get some magic." So then after my August 3rd email I got a phone call on August 11th offering me free dining.

I looked back through my emails and I emailed them on July 31st and got a reply on August 3rd so I sent another email right back saying "Dear Mr. Barker, I did inquire about the free dining plan and resort discount at Bay Lake Towers And my room type is not eligible for either discount. You can't say I didn't try but I am very disappointed about not getting any kind of discount. Maybe you will reconsider. It would mean alot to me. Thank you for your time, have a nice day. My reservation number is xxxxxxxxxxx just in case I do get some magic." So then after my August 3rd email I got a phone call on August 11th offering me free dining.

My agenda isn't even to get free dining. I never asked for anything, I want addressed my experience with the CM.

Did you get a ress? I ended up canceling my whispering canyon cafe on that Friday to go to hs to see the Osborne Christmas lights that night. Maybe we'll see you there.

I had one since 180 days out! Usually we do Brown Derby, but was unimpressed last visit. So we decided to try something new.

Did Fantasmic dinner pkg last time too, also unimpressed with Fantasmic .....but thats another tale!

We always take our car to non-monorail parks( but we stay at POLY. We are not fans of the bus system at all.....

Drove to all non-monorails last time and it was much much better in every way!

I wont go into detail on our unfortunate bus experiences.

We always take our car to non-monorail parks( but we stay at POLY. We are not fans of the bus system at all.....

This is our first time to Disney in about 20 years and we are staying on site at CBR. I've been reading a lot about the bus transportation and I'm a little worried. Since we will have our car would it be best to drive to all the parks? Any tips?

xipotec said:

I looked into the transport system for deluxe resorts and I'm really surprised at the lack of decent transport. I feel like its an encouragement to stay at a stand alone value. We are considering WL but I just can't seem to make the switch from POP on bus reviews alone. Moderates are out all together d/t those multiple bus stops, just don't think I can do it...

This is our first time to Disney in about 20 years and we are staying on site at CBR. I've been reading a lot about the bus transportation and I'm a little worried. Since we will have our car would it be best to drive to all the parks? Any tips?

We didn't have problems with buses on our last trip. We were at POFQ which is a lot smaller and only had one stop at the resort, so that might have helped. We are at CSR this time so I am a little worried. Only because I have two small kids and the dreaded stroller. We are hoping for a room near the first bus pickup spot to make it more likely we get a seat. Trying to hold a kid and a stroller isn't possible. On the way back from the parks it could get trickier, especially at the popular times. I am expecting lines then. I think we will wait for the next bus to come if when it is our turn to board, it is standing room only. I definitely do not expect or want someone to give up their seat so my kid can sit though -- everyone has tired feet at the end of a day! So wait we will. If we had a car, I might be inclined to use it on the days I knew I would be leaving at the popular times -- after fireworks, etc.

I looked into the transport system for deluxe resorts and I'm really surprised at the lack of decent transport. I feel like its an encouragement to stay at a stand alone value. We are considering WL but I just can't seem to make the switch from POP on bus reviews alone. Moderates are out all together d/t those multiple bus stops, just don't think I can do it...

It's been my dream to stay at Beach Club -- until I found out about the busing from there! Stops at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and then Beach Club? I would expect more from a Deluxe! I know you can walk to Epcot, and it has the boats to Epcot and HS, but it is very disappointing to hear how many others it shares with. Makes me reconsider until my kids are much older to be able to be patient/stand for that long.

Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, a Magical Express bus has been involved in a crash with a car. There is one dead and a few injuries.

So sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter