Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I personally hate driving and worrying about parking and keys, blah, blah, blah. I just wanna go!

My dh is actually thrilled to not have a car this time. We have only ever stayed off property and driven so he is excited to not have to drive and be able to ride the bus. Lol

Those were our primary reasons to drive too! The saving time was an unexpected added bonus. Totally agree about MNSSHP. Last time we waited 1.25 hours for a bus, and then it broke down! We always stopped at that outlet mall too on our way home. With 6 of us plus a stroller, the bus' are chaotic, many times we have had to pass up a bus and wait for another because we all could not ride.:sad2:

Just like Disney has everything down to a well organized science, so was the parking. We just pulled up to the gate and when they saw our resort parking, just waved us through. From there, no thinking/finding skills required. Disney parking patrol is there to guide you to your exact parking spot. This is extremely well thought out because you do not have to worry so much about cars crossing the lot; from your row forward all the cars are parked and there is no traffic.

Those parking lots are extremely organized! :-)

This is our first visit and we are driving. I've been wondering if there are any perks to driving vs the buses, so thank you for sharing. Was it still a timesaver to drive to MK even though you can't park near the gate? I was thinking we may try driving to AK and HS but uses buses for MK and Epcot...

I had heard that driving to the MK could take longer than riding the bus', but I am so glad we tried it; we went there 4 out of our 7 days. We stayed at AoA and the drive from gate to gate was 6 minutes. Parking took about 2 mins, walking/taking tram to TTC was another 5 minutes (maybe a couple more when walking) and then we mostly took the ferry, but also took the monorail, and that was another 5-8 minutes. We drove to all the parks and they were all very easy access. Epcot too! In fact, Epcot and HS are the easiest.

We drive our own car too, and have always taken the buses and I have found that worrying about them had become a huge stress for me. With each child it became more stressful. More than once our last trip, we were told by drivers, "sure there is room", only to be left standing with my husband carrying a preschooler, me standing and carrying an infant, and hoping for the best for the other two. Then it dawned on me, we do not have to do this, we have a car!!!:rotfl:

We also found that driving (at least back from the parks) had a huge decompressing benefit for the kids. They were in their own seats and quickly relaxed and fell asleep on the way back to resort. The parking lots are so quiet and when we got to the room, they all just went to sleep. Buses at night can be noisy and then when you get off at your resort, if staying at a Value, you go through the main building where there is a lot of action and the kids get a second wind and are ready to go some more.:crazy2:

I woke up soooooooo excited this morning. 2 wks from Saturday we leave!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

scard192 said:
Not liking the look of the weather forecast for 10/19-10/25. Not one completely sunny day. Hope things change in the next week

Its Florida...if it rains, give it 10 minutes and it'll stop :)

Ah, ok! I was nervous for a minute there! I doubt my 5 year old will make it till midnight, hopefully we will get outta there before the crowd starts to form for the buses!

Be prepared, you might be surprised! I know we were our first time. We have always had at least one child 5 or under when we have attended and they have always made it till midnight. This time, the little guy (24 mos) did fall asleep in stroller around 11:00. There is so much to do and things going on that the time passes quickly. In fact, we never get to do everything! I guess that is why we have to keep going back...:rotfl:

All of you talking about packing and getting ready for your trips makes me so excited for you all!!!! I love that feeling of anxiousness, anticipation, uncontrollable giddiness, inability to concentrate on anything but DISNEY!!!:cool1:

Have FuN! Safe travels! Make magical memories!!!pixiedust:

May the weather be beautiful, but if not, take it from me, the experience can still be just as magical!!!:upsidedow

Be prepared, you might be surprised! I know we were our first time. We have always had at least one child 5 or under when we have attended and they have always made it till midnight. This time, the little guy (24 mos) did fall asleep in stroller around 11:00. There is so much to do and things going on that the time passes quickly. In fact, we never get to do everything! I guess that is why we have to keep going back...:rotfl:

we have a turning 3 year old with us and only have one late night planned when we are going MSEP and Wishes. Someone will be taking her back to the room for a nap that afternoon. Actually have naptime for my niece built into every days schedule. Not sure we will make it to Illuminations.

We have planned for the next morning off, if that be the case. But in hoping it's not cause now the bus situation scares me! Lol!

All of you talking about packing and getting ready for your trips makes me so excited for you all!!!! I love that feeling of anxiousness, anticipation, uncontrollable giddiness, inability to concentrate on anything but DISNEY!!!:cool1: Have FuN! Safe travels! Make magical memories!!!pixiedust: May the weather be beautiful, but if not, take it from me, the experience can still be just as magical!!!:upsidedow

BUT all of that comes at a price-the price of tummy medicine if you know what I mean ;) :rotf:
No really, my anxiousness and nervousness is already getting to me and I still have 9 more days!!

We have planned for the next morning off, if that be the case. But in hoping it's not cause now the bus situation scares me! Lol!

BUT all of that comes at a price-the price of tummy medicine if you know what I mean ;) :rotf:
No really, my anxiousness and nervousness is already getting to me and I still have 9 more days!!

Yes!!!:) We did not go to the MK until 4 pm the night of MNSSHP and we slept in the next morning:thumbsup2

we have a turning 3 year old with us and only have one late night planned when we are going MSEP and Wishes. Someone will be taking her back to the room for a nap that afternoon. Actually have naptime for my niece built into every days schedule. Not sure we will make it to Illuminations.

With having Illuminations and Wishes cancelled Sunday and Monday nights due to rain, I guess that was one perk, early bed time for everyone! But we never did get back to Epcot:sad1: and the only fireworks we saw were Hallowishes-which was nice, but delayed due to rain and were not as nice as years past, BUT I think that was because of weather. On the bright side, we all get plenty of rest and this was the first Disney vacation where I did not come exhausted!;)

Oh wait! Totally forgot! We did see Wishes while eating at 'Ohana. That was the first time we timed that perfectly!!!

Single digits!!!!!!!! 9 days!!!!!!

I woke up soooooooo excited this morning. 2 wks from Saturday we leave!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

All of you talking about packing and getting ready for your trips makes me so excited for you all!!!! I love that feeling of anxiousness, anticipation, uncontrollable giddiness, inability to concentrate on anything but DISNEY!!!:cool1:

Have FuN! Safe travels! Make magical memories!!!pixiedust:

May the weather be beautiful, but if not, take it from me, the experience can still be just as magical!!!:upsidedow

Thanks!!:flower3:

Oh, and Scard, Orlando weather does differ a bit from the weather at WDW itself. I personally don't use accuweather as I find it's inaccurate (for out area anyway) but with the weather channel you can put in WDW as your location and when compared to Orlando both locations aren't typically identical in weather.

Oh, and Scard, Orlando weather does differ a bit from the weather at WDW itself. I personally don't use accuweather as I find it's inaccurate (for out area anyway) but with the weather channel you can put in WDW as your location and when compared to Orlando both locations aren't typically identical in weather.

I now have 3 weather apps...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It has already changed again since 6am this morning. I think we are going to just have to wait until 5 days out...(which is next week....:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:)

thanks I will check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter