Free dining now available on WDW site :)

Been pricing up all afternoon. Does anyone know if the free breakfast quick service credit offered at the value resorts has to be used for breakfast or could it be used in the park for a quick service lunch?

I'm not really a big breakfast person

i think it's too much money....
on top of that i have to add on the flights..

i think we're going to have to wait until 2018 when all 6 of us can go...
and i'll just put all the money we're saving into the pot for that trip...

Its not just the cost upfront its also the tips & overpriced alcohol for me.

2009 we paid £2,400
2012 £3,285
2015 they want £4,884 Tips cost around $420 + beer $7/pt

I fully appreciate many want to stay onsite, free DDP is possibly still the best way for some but for anyone that has never done it before or not 100% sure don't rush in and buy, add up the figures and make sure its for you. Offsite we can stay in a good hotel incl food for around £2,000, tips & beer less than half Disney prices. All in offsite costs us about half OKW prices.

I am not saying OKW is not worth it, we have had great holidays there I just think people sometimes see threads like this and get caught up in the "Free" frenzy, it definitely isn't free.

Yay - we are booked :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 18 nights at OKW next August (with US for 3 nights).

Have booked our flights and our WDW accom today - I was pleased with the accom prices but not so pleased with the flight. However, it is done and we are going and most importantly for us, we are able to fly from our local airport.

One downside was the airline has switched flights from Mons to Thurs which means we have to go 4 days earlier, so it's more expensive as we are still in US peak hol dates - cost an extra £400!! But, it means we are now back 6 days before the children return to school which makes me much happier as I felt uneasy about them returning the day after we got back! :thumbsup2

Let the planning commence.... Need to book US accom and car hire but waiting for those. Need bank balance to recover first! :lmao:

Need to change my ticker as we go 6th August now, not 10th as originally thought!

I can't believe we are actually going :banana::banana::banana:

I've booked :) been looking for a month or more , we went in 2003 when i was expecting ds .. his older siblings are all grown so its just the 3 of us , it will be his first trip stateside ( DLP in 2008) and he has been desperate to go for a few years .

We just bit the bullet and booked the complete package with Disney for ease , got a better hotel ( I hope), dining plan and flights for £1000 less than we were pricing it up a week ago so even though the flights are extortionate it still feels like a bargain- going end first 10 days of feb - its ds's birthday Jan so will be part of his birthday treat and he doens't like very hot weather so it should be ok then .

can't wait for the planning to start now :)

Booked October next year akl 10 nights:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :yay:
I've been waiting for dining to be released. Now I just have to hope I can get that two weeks off at work I'm not aloud to book al till dec/jan :worship: :rolleyes1
Only 527 day to go.

Been pricing up all afternoon. Does anyone know if the free breakfast quick service credit offered at the value resorts has to be used for breakfast or could it be used in the park for a quick service lunch? I'm not really a big breakfast person

I can't imagine that it would be technically but you should be able to use them for a very late breakfast/early lunch. If you went for a full cooked breakfast late in the morning then that might see you through to the evening.

I can't imagine that it would be technically but you should be able to use them for a very late breakfast/early lunch. If you went for a full cooked breakfast late in the morning then that might see you through to the evening.

Actually scrap that, just read on another forum that someone called Disney and apparently yes, you would be able to do that. If you look on the website they describe it as one quick service credit which kind of I lies that you can use if however you like!

Just waiting for DH to get home from work but I think I've settled on a one bed villa at OKW rather than the Beach Club. I LOVE staying at the BC, but I really don't think I can stand two weeks in one hotel room again with two teenagers. If the sofa beds are horrible me and DH will just have to sleep on them. At least there are two which I assume are both adult size, so technically the kids can have them and have a bed each.

Actually scrap that, just read on another forum that someone called Disney and apparently yes, you would be able to do that. If you look on the website they describe it as one quick service credit which kind of I lies that you can use if however you like!

I called a little while after posting and the Disney lady confirmed that they can be used the same as a quick service credit and that there no time limit on them for when you can use them, it's great to know that theres one meal paid for a day at least! Thanks for your answer anyway! :)

I have gone ahead and booked Pop Century for the 26th of October 2015 for 7 nights. I'm so excited I just can't wait to get all the other bits and pieces booked now. And it's going to be halloween! :wizard:

I was torn between booking value and getting the free breakfast and a moderate and getting the spending money and quick service dining plan but as we're not big eaters I don't think that would have been the best value.

I've just been comparing prices for this year to next (I have all my notes from this time last year). 2015 is coming out cheaper!

21 Nights in a 2 bedroom is £7812 at SSR. Or I could stay in a bigger 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for £1781!! No way we could eat £6000 of free dining.

I love SSR but I dont see us ever staying there again when Bonnet Creek is down the road. Free dining use to be a great deal and I am glad I got to take advantage of it, but if I am totally honest, there are only a couple of Disney Restaurants I would actually pay to eat in nowadays and there are so many offsite restaurants to choose from.

I haven't even factored in the tips which would probably be $30 a day so another £380 give or take.

I think if we were the sort of family that could stay in one room then it is still a good deal as prices are alot cheaper than a 2 or even 1 bedroom at a villa resort. However, if I had to stay in one room with my husband and son for 3 weeks with no escape, I think I would have a break down:rotfl2:

21 Nights in a 2 bedroom is £7812 at SSR. Or I could stay in a bigger 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for £1781!! No way we could eat £6000 of free dining.

I love SSR but I dont see us ever staying there again when Bonnet Creek is down the road. Free dining use to be a great deal and I am glad I got to take advantage of it, but if I am totally honest, there are only a couple of Disney Restaurants I would actually pay to eat in nowadays and there are so many offsite restaurants to choose from.

I haven't even factored in the tips which would probably be $30 a day so another £380 give or take.

I think if we were the sort of family that could stay in one room then it is still a good deal as prices are alot cheaper than a 2 or even 1 bedroom at a villa resort. However, if I had to stay in one room with my husband and son for 3 weeks with no escape, I think I would have a break down:rotfl2:

Totally agree with you, I just hope we like Bonnet Creek in Sept, 2 bed villa cost us under £490 for 7 nights, absolute bargain compared to "free" DDP offers.

Booked 2 weeks at old key west August 2015 :) just a bit miffed that it's cheaper then the mod I've booked for this August through a travel agent. :( oh well lesson learnt haha !!

So here are my choices so far. We will be two adults and two kids, 16 and 13. All with 14 day tickets and free dining. For the POR price I upgraded to the regular plan. My son wants to go here for the food court but it's too expensive!

Beach Club garden view £4,862

Old Key West one bedroom villa £4,391

Old Key West two bedroom villa £5,715

POR two rooms, one room only and one with the tickets, free QS and upgrade paid to regular dining £6,372. Yikes!!!!!!

This is probably the last time I will get my son to travel with us to WDW so I want it to be a good one. We will either be celebrating or not ;) his GCSE results.

So probably I am choosing between OKW one bedroom and the Beach Club. Advantages to OKW are space and boat to DTD. And space. Plus washing machine. Kitchen a none issue I will not be cooking on holiday!!!! Advantages to Beach Club are the pool and location, location, location. Easy access to fantastic food.

Can. Not. Choose.....!!!!!

the problem for us with the 1 bedroom is i think it only has 1 bathroom....not the easiest set up for 4 adults..

Its not just the cost upfront its also the tips & overpriced alcohol for me.

2009 we paid £2,400
2012 £3,285
2015 they want £4,884 Tips cost around $420 + beer $7/pt

I fully appreciate many want to stay onsite, free DDP is possibly still the best way for some but for anyone that has never done it before or not 100% sure don't rush in and buy, add up the figures and make sure its for you. Offsite we can stay in a good hotel incl food for around £2,000, tips & beer less than half Disney prices. All in offsite costs us about half OKW prices.

I am not saying OKW is not worth it, we have had great holidays there I just think people sometimes see threads like this and get caught up in the "Free" frenzy, it definitely isn't free.

i totally agree with you Wayne!! and now i really need to pick your brain..
the only way i'm going to be able to add in a trip for the 4 of us before the big trip in 2018 for the 7 of us (DS and DDIL had a baby 6 weeks ago - so yes, i'm a grannie now :) )

i think our best bet is to stay offsite...not sure what sort of accommodations...villa? cheap hotel? i have to do the research..

Totally agree with you, I just hope we like Bonnet Creek in Sept, 2 bed villa cost us under £490 for 7 nights, absolute bargain compared to "free" DDP offers.

i have a stupid question for both of you :)
where do i book for Bonnet Creek?
is there a website?

Just booked 2 weeks in September 2015 with QSDP and tickets. just got to play the waiting game for flights :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter