Free Dining in October

ChickletRN

Earning My Ears
I would like an educated guess from those who seem to have lots of insider information what the likelihood of free dining is for October (19th-27th). Reservations are made and we will pay for the DDP if not offered, but I was just wondering if there's any chance at ALL that free dining would be extended. As of now there are 4 of us going and if we can somehow save with free dining we would be spending that $ on inviting a 5th. Just wondering what you guys think :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Oct is the Food and Wine Festival which is a fairly busy time. Normally free dining is offered during times of low occupancy. Granted in the last few years with the economy being in the tank, Disney has offered it for more times during the year, than when it first started. However, ever since they first started offering in in 2005 the last two weeks of August and Sept have always been included. This year for the first time in nine years, free dining is not being offered for the last two weeks of August. If they don't need to offer it to draw people down there during slow Value season, I can't see them offering it during a busier Regular season this year. Supposedly room occupancy is up for the rest of the year.

I just copied these from the 'no free dining the last two weeks of August' thread:

In the past the free dining was the last 2 weeks in August and now it doesn't start until September 2. Anyone know why?

Free dining has been offered in August every year since they started the promo in 2005. This is the first time in 9 years there is not a general public free dining offer.

Disney has had high attendance since the start of the year. They are projecting that to continue.

I am right there with you! We had in '11 and it is great! I am keeping my fingers crossed but if no FD then maybe a room deal or something. :goodvibes

I would like an educated guess from those who seem to have lots of insider information what the likelihood of free dining is for October (19th-27th). Reservations are made and we will pay for the DDP if not offered, but I was just wondering if there's any chance at ALL that free dining would be extended. As of now there are 4 of us going and if we can somehow save with free dining we would be spending that $ on inviting a 5th. Just wondering what you guys think :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

If i had to make some predictions for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two, if FD is released for this timeframe, these dates should be pretty close.

If i had to make some predictions for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two, if FD is released for this timeframe, these dates should be pretty close.

I like this answer! We are staying Oct. 19-25 this year and would LOVE to get free dining...as does everyone else! ;)

I've seen a lot of posts saying if FD is offered to the public it will mirror the dates in the current pin offers.... Is this usually true??? We will be arriving 10/3 and would love FD!!!!

I received the FD pin and it said the following:

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

The dates in the pin are similar to year's past - includes end of August and all of September, Columbus Day weekend and Jersey Week blacked out, Thanksgiving week and Pop Warner week blacked out. Since it's come out in a pin, it's very possible this could be a general public offer later this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter