Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried googling the Chase Disney Debit Card, I didn't find any that had the $200-$300 bonus. Did you do it at the bank or online? Do you have a link?

Thanks!
The only one I found after a quick look was for $150. Search Chase checking account bonus

Awe thanks!! I know for sure even if things don't work out exactly as planned he will appreciate the work I put into it. He always does! He always tells people with pride how great I am at planning all our vacations! He's still being a tough guy and saying he's not going to like it though lol. I keep saying, you can't say you won't like it if you've never been lol! I think part of it is because his ideal vacation is being on the beach with a drink in hand and away from the crowds. Disney can be relaxing at times but for the most part it is pretty busy so I just hope he'll be swayed by the magic of Disney to forget about all of that lol! He's an avid photographer so I know he's going to go CRAZY taking artistic pictures of everything and getting awesome shots of our little one with the characters and seeing everything for the first time. I can't wait!!! Please May come fast so we can book this free dining already lol! Oh also I had a similar experience during the first couple days of my trip in 2009 except I was taken away on a stretcher in front of the gates of MK and taken to the hospital by ambulance! When I was discharged a rep from Disney came and picked me up and took me back to my resort, I was able to pick up my prescriptions from my resort check-in, AND they gave me the option of either making one of my days no expiry or a park hopper because I missed a park day! Disney is so amazing :D
That's funny that he's being Mr. Tough guy, I hope when he gets into Disney he runs around screaming like a school girl! That'd make it perfect for you lol. Hey if you stay at CBR he can still be on the beach with a drink in his hand! It's the best of both worlds!!!! I can see myself waking up to a Bahama mama on a hammock lol!:tiptoe: If he loves photography he'll love Disney views!!! When I went as a kid with my cousins my one cousin was a photographer and I swear she got more excitement out of all the pictures she was able to take rather than the attractions. I'm a thrill seeker so I never understood it but now I look back and see how much she treasured her work! Last time I new she had photos of Cinderella castle, the sorcerer's hat, and a beautiful picture taken from the monorail around her house! With any hope he'll become a Disney addict and you guys can post scenery pictures that he took around you're place. It'll also hopefully help him love Disney more by being able to combine your love for the world with his love for photography! But I agree with you this countdown for FD is killing me! May is too far away! Lol and oh my goodness that's horrible! Such a sad story. At least there was still Disney magic throughout it. It's amazing how just the smallest thing can make it seem better. When CMs go out if there way to try and make everything better it's truely touching. I'm glad they were able to pick you up and get your prescriptions! The upgraded ticket is just icing on the Cake!!! So nice that they took care of you and made sure you were able to get the magical feeling back!!

My husband was into going on our first trip "for the kids" and helpful when planning but he wasn't too into it. When we got there however he loved it and thanked me for making the trip great! The second trip was only three days but we had a great time and again once we got there was was thrilled. He does not like planning it with me or talking about it too much. This time I catch him mentioning it here and there :) I wish he would get as much joy from the planning stage as I do but on the other hand it would be harder to plan with someone else lol.

Hi - I've never done free dining before. If the free dining offer is available the first part of your trip, can you sign up and have it for the full trip (i.e. trip 12/1-12/8, free dining offer ends 12/5)? I don't have any reservations yet, but trying to educate myself if the free dining becomes available.
Thanks!
Yes, that is correct. If your reservation falls within the free dining dates, it will extend throughout your stay. Also, if you book ahead of the offer, you may or may not be eligible for the free dining even if you are within those dates. Some people go ahead and book, hoping the dining will be offered at their resort. Then they would have to call Disney and ask for the offer to be applied. This may or may not work out. But...if you wait for the offer announcement, and you book, and at least one of your dates are inside the offer, you will get the dining for your entire stay. Hope this helps!

The "first day" of your stay has to be within the offered dates to get free dining for your entire stay. I.E. If free dining is offered from Oct 13-16th and your stay begins on October the 11th, you will not get free dining. If your stay begins Oct 14th you would get free dining for your entire stay.

Fingers crossed, checking in October 28th!

I have a question. I was planning in getting a Disney Debit Card so as to get early access to the free dining promo. How does that happen? How do you get notified that you will get early access to the free dining? Do you have to have your Disney Debit Card on file with Disney? Sorry I couldn't find much info about this.

Thanks!
Misspelledone
I've booked with my Disney debit many times. You don't need to register it, just use it to pay your deposit, so make sure you have $200 in there. They will usually send an email telling you about it, but you will see it here before you get the email. It's usually available to us a few days before it goes to the public, and you don't need anything but the card, because they know by the first few digit of the card number if it's a Disney one. Again don't wait for the email, keep stalking here. I was booked last year right at 7:00 am because of the tip here, but didn't get the email until the next day.

I already paid my deposit with a gift card. So at this point once I get the Disney Debit card, I should just call up and make a payment using the debit and leave that card on file? I just don't want to miss out....... last year we had to change hotels because there was no free dining rooms left where we were staying.

Thanks!
Mispelledone

I've booked with my Disney debit many times. You don't need to register it, just use it to pay your deposit, so make sure you have $200 in there. They will usually send an email telling you about it, but you will see it here before you get the email. It's usually available to us a few days before it goes to the public, and you don't need anything but the card, because they know by the first few digit of the card number if it's a Disney one. Again don't wait for the email, keep stalking here. I was booked last year right at 7:00 am because of the tip here, but didn't get the email until the next day.

Fingers crossed, checking in October 28th!

I have a question. I was planning in getting a Disney Debit Card so as to get early access to the free dining promo. How does that happen? How do you get notified that you will get early access to the free dining? Do you have to have your Disney Debit Card on file with Disney? Sorry I couldn't find much info about this.

Thanks!
Misspelledone
Do not rely on an email, because many people NEVER receive one. You don't need it to book, as long as you have a Disney Visa you are eligible. Just watch here or any other place you may have Disney Travel sites, such as FB. It is all over the place once it is released. Usually there is advanced warning as well, but not sure if that will happen this year, being a few of those who used to give it are no longer on the boards.

Ok, thanks! I am going to open a chase checking account and get my Disney Debit........ then the waiting game!

S what restaurants are you excited to go to? I am trying to decide between CS or upgrading, looking at all the TS options. The only tS I have tried in the past were BOG, tusker house and Cali grill.

S what restaurants are you excited to go to?
Think this might be specifically for someone, but I thought I would respond anyway. LOL
We are going to RFC, The Plaza, Rose and Crown, Sci Fi, Boma and Mama Melrose. Most of these are new to us, but RFC and Sci Fi are ones we have been to. Plus we have been to Boma for dinner, but this time we are doing breakfast.

I think Disney offers plenty of CS options, to be satisfied with that plan, but if you enjoy TS, it is definitely worth the upgrade price, IMO.

I already paid my deposit with a gift card. So at this point once I get the Disney Debit card, I should just call up and make a payment using the debit and leave that card on file? I just don't want to miss out....... last year we had to change hotels because there was no free dining rooms left where we were staying.

Thanks!
Mispelledone
Yes, I usually have already paid my deposit too, you just have to make an additional $200 payment with the Disney card

Hi everyone!
I was on the boards a bit back when my DH and I were planning our September 2013 trip, and learned all about planning and prepping for WDW... more than I could imagine! We are planning on going back again this upcoming September, and thus I am back here trying to reorient myself to everything I did almost two years ago! Just a couple quick questions....

1) If I book a package right now, that allows me to start making ADR's at 180 days out-- right?
1a) Come free dining announcement day, if I can't get through and resort to booking a new reservation and cancelling the old one later, will I lose my ADR's? Or, can I shift them over? (For the life of me, I actually CANNOT remember how I added on free dining last time-- phone or online-- chaos or calmly-- really can't remember....so odd)
2) Are the Target Disney gift cards still able to be used to pay off a package? I used all gift cards last time, and saved some money. I'd like to do this again...
2a) If I use Target Disney gift cards to pay the deposit if I book now-- then cancel later and book a new reservation come free dining announcement day-- do they refund that money as a "Disney Card"-- or....????

Thanks for all your help! I didn't stay up to date with last year's free dining since we didn't vacation there last year, but in digging through some old boards here, I was surprised to see what additional resorts were excluded last year! Hoping more don't get nixed this year!

The "first day" of your stay has to be within the offered dates to get free dining for your entire stay. I.E. If free dining is offered from Oct 13-16th and your stay begins on October the 11th, you will not get free dining. If your stay begins Oct 14th you would get free dining for your entire stay.

Following along and hoping for Free Dining in December. I believe that the Free Dining offer will save us the most money, but was wondering how room only discounts work. Is it like Free Dining where if you check in during the dates the discount applies to your entire stay, or will they charge rack rate for nights excluded if your stay extends beyond the discount dates. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks for all the information on this thread. It's helpful since it's been awhile since we have stayed onsite and we always booked with a travel agent on those trips.

1) If I book a package right now, that allows me to start making ADR's at 180 days out-- right?
Sorry this is the only one I know 100% for sure. You definitely can book at 180+10 as long as you have an existing reservation. I would think you could transfer them to a new one, if you switched, but not sure because I always kept my same reservation and just added FD.

how room only discounts work. .
Room only does not work like free dining. They will discount the days that are within the special offer and you will play rack rate for the rest.

1a) Come free dining announcement day, if I can't get through and resort to booking a new reservation and cancelling the old one later, will I lose my ADR's? Or, can I shift them over? (For the life of me, I actually CANNOT remember how I added on free dining last time-- phone or online-- chaos or calmly-- really can't remember....so odd)

You won't lose your ADRs. You would have to call to add free dining - you can't make any changes to a reservation online.

Anyone thinking they will release all the dates at once again this year? Like last year.

There were a lot less dates to choose from for FD last year so I'm wondering with the smaller amount of dates is why they are releasing all at once, well atleast in last years case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter