Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I am going to burst waiting to see for FD. We went last year in Sept, but since we are a family of 5 POR being excluded about doubled the cost of our trip. We can't go at all this year unless we get FD at either POR or CBR. I am hoping hoping hoping it is announced soon and we are able to book one of them!! I've made all our ADRs but I'm trying to hold off on booking the package until we know. I'm hoping having 2 moderates we will fit into will help us this year. It is hard to be so limited in our options! This is our last year as a family of 5 too. Next year we'll have to count my youngest and we will be 6! Wish there were more affodable options for larger families!

To get the regular dining plan for free dining do you have to.stay at a moderate resort or can you stay at a value?

You have to be at a moderate or you can pay to upgrade from the QS plan if you are at a value. I think it is 18 per adult per night and 3 per child per night to upgrade

Just curious, with the POR discussion, was anyone there last year during September? I wonder if there was a perceptible difference in the crowd levels there with the FD not being offered. We stayed at CSR instead and it seemed like hardly anyone was there (but I know that they place was full!--Another part of the magic, I guess!)
We were at POR at the end of September and didn't have any issues with busses or the dining area. As others have said breakfast is crowded but we always found a seat but it was a little dirty since there were so many people. I can't compare to any other resort as this was the first time we ever did breakfast! :confused:

Okay...so it's April. Easter is on Sunday! We are all so eager to hear about free dining...and yes...we are all going insane over it! The article that was listed above by "Dad" was very encouraging. He said that Magical Express laid off 70 people, which indicates business may be slow. He said that FD is the biggest and best promotion Disney offers, so putting these two things together, he feels FD will be offered this year. It's hard to imagine that business if EVER SLOW at Disney but some folks may still be dealing with economic recovery. People lost their jobs and homes during this very challenging time. I think people will always try to build in "fun" whenever they can and certainly all of us Disney Lovers do that, but there are families that are still living paycheck to paycheck. I hope Disney will do the Magical Thing and offer FD this year. After all, Magic doesn't discriminate....or does it?

Isn't MDE run by that third party company that shuttles people all over the place? I can't think of the name.

I took that information and figured it would mean less people are flying because it's so expensive and the company as a whole doesn't have as much business. I don't know. I feel like attendance has been up during slow times all 2014 so I didn't see how they were putting those two things together like that.

Isn't MDE run by that third party company that shuttles people all over the place? I can't think of the name.

I took that information and figured it would mean less people are flying because it's so expensive and the company as a whole doesn't have as much business. I don't know. I feel like attendance has been up during slow times all 2014 so I didn't see how they were putting those two things together like that.

Is it part of the greater Mears business?

Yeah, I didn't understand that connection either. What does a 3rd party's business decisions have to do with Disney? I think as the US dollar gets stronger, the split between domestic and international guests will even out again, and that reduces the need for shuttles since more US guests will drive themselves than international guests. But, I don't think overall guest traffic at WDW is going down...quite the opposite actually.

I'm joining in on the fun. We are going in the fall as well and keeping our fingers crossed for FD. We were able to score free dinning for our Sept/Oct trip 2013 and loved it. :)

I am also hoping for FD in Sept for POR. Since summer deal had slim pickings for POR I am doubting availability for FD there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter