Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing target as well. I'm lucky, I work for the company so it's an additional 10% off added to the 5% for red card
Hmm... trying to think of places to apply for a part time job next year when my youngest goes full day and now I want to apply at Target for that discount.

But this option could save me from being late to work if I'm on hold with Disney! (That is IF it works right and doesn't crash :surfweb: )
That's a pretty big 'if' ;) I have been looking forward to this and am interested to see how this turns out when the next discount is released (be it fd or not)

I love all the buzz. Can't wait.
ME TOO!!!!

Question, never have done FD before. I am going in September, if FD comes out will I get it free if I have already booked? Or do I have to cancel my reservation and re book? Thanks
If doing it online you can cancel and rebook applying the special offer. Otherwise you have to call to try to modify your reservation and have them add the promotion. Though it sounds like people are saying on here that this may be changing to where you can do it yourself online. Hopefully that is the case.

If doing it online you can cancel and rebook applying the special offer. Otherwise you have to call to try to modify your reservation and have them add the promotion. Though it sounds like people are saying on here that this may be changing to where you can do it yourself online. Hopefully that is the case.

However, if you're doing the early promotion for Disney visa card holders you have to call, you can't do that online.

Does anyone know if you book thru a TA with the Disney Visa. Can they call with early access (if that exists this year) and change over your package if FD is offered?

So excited about all of the buzz too! What would be the best and quickest way to book for 4 rooms? Can we use the same credit card for all 4 deposits? It's been awhile since we stayed onsite, and we used a TA for those trips. I'm trying to decide what we should do. I'm not sure how crazy it will be on the first day for the general public FD offer trying to coordinate the bookings with 4 of us spread out from Canada to Florida trying to get FD at the same resort. Would it be best try to all book it separately online at the same time or to have one person call? Could I book more than one room myself online (one at a time)? Does it work to have a TA book it for you on that day by letting them know ahead of time that you want FD? Should we maybe book with a TA the week before and have them apply the FD on that day?

If you want to book four rooms for your party then I'd say call. If you book online you will have to book each room separately. You would need to register at least one adult (18 or over) in each room. If you think you would be better off with a TA try to pick one that has a lot of experience dealing with Disney.

Question, never have done FD before. I am going in September, if FD comes out will I get it free if I have already booked? Or do I have to cancel my reservation and re book? Thanks

That depends, did you book a package or a room-only reservation? If it's not a package you have to make it a package which means cancelling and rebooking. If it's a package, you can call them (until they perfect the capability to do so online) and just have the promotion added to your existing package, assuming the resort and room category you booked are available for the promo. If not you would have to change your resort or room category.

Does anyone know if you book thru a TA with the Disney Visa. Can they call with early access (if that exists this year) and change over your package if FD is offered?
Yes I did this last year! as long as they have your visa # to book your deposit

Can anyone offer a good idea on IF FD is offered what dates it would include? I'm going Aug 29-Sept 5th. I'm thinking that because Aug 30th is the first day of the week (for Sept) that FD won't be offered until that date. Thoughts????

Can anyone offer a good idea on IF FD is offered what dates it would include? I'm going Aug 29-Sept 5th. I'm thinking that because Aug 30th is the first day of the week (for Sept) that FD won't be offered until that date. Thoughts????

when I book our trip for Nov. I looks at past FD offers and looked at the dates and book our plans near and around those of past offers

I'm in the same situation. Flying in Aug 28 at night so I'm thinking they won't start free dining until Aug 30 but I'm hoping they start it the 28th which is a day after the Summer discount end. Any thoughts?

I'm in the same situation. Flying in Aug 28 at night so I'm thinking they won't start free dining until Aug 30 but I'm hoping they start it the 28th which is a day after the Summer discount end. Any thoughts?
If you check in early, you can always do a split stay to have a new checkin date on the FD date. Be prepared to move rooms, but I've heard they can sometimes be kept the same.

Here is the historical data for the past promotions.
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart
I agree with jeepwreck, I normally use the dates from this historical data to plan my trips. If by some chance you are flying in or have your trip scheduled for a specific date and FD doesn't start for a day or 2 later, you can always book 2 reservations and start your FD on the date that it is offered. Ex: if you check in on Aug 28th or 29th and FD doesn't start till August 30th, you can always book a 1 or 2 day trip and then another reservation for the rest of your stay with the FD promotion.
There is no rhyme nor reason as to when Disney starts the FD: in 2012 it started on 8/25/2012, a Saturday, in 2013 it started 9/2/2013, a Monday and in 2014, it started on 8/31/2014, a Sunday and way back in 2011, it started on 8/19/2011 which was a Friday and that was after a re-adjusted date. They had originally, for just a couple of days, printed it starting on 8/15/2011 another Monday. I only know this because I happened to book my trip on starting on 8/16 that year and snagged the FD on one of the 2 days it was offered :thumbsup2

This year I booked our trip beginning Wednesday November 18, hoping that FD black out dates fall within the same pattern as last year. The black out dates last year started Friday November 21st so I wanted to make sure, if Disney moved it up to that Thursday that I wouldn't miss out. No matter what, we are going, our flights are booked (couldn't pass up a $177 rt airfare :banana:) so we have no wiggle room but I sure hope the FD fairy springles some pixie dust for all of us :goodvibes!

Good to know! I was a little worried since our last two trips had mostly 1-3 crowd days and the one 7 day we had was pretty rough we are not crowd people if we can help it. Gives me anxiety! But this worked out best October is a busy month with obligations we cannot get out of and September is too hot for us. Our focus is on the hallowene party we've wanted to go since our first trip in 2012 and we won't be going in the fall again. Not in the next 5 years or more.

I was hoping the November park hours were coming out April 1st but I just read it will be mid April. I am dying to get this set up! Our ADR date is May 3rd so I feel like I want to be ready to go with plan a (free dining upgrade) and then if no free dining then plan B we will cancel most of them. I love planning but even this is making me a bit stressed doing so much so early...I can imagine people who hate planning hate the process
We will be there the same week Nov. 1-8. Glad to hear this about crowds. Like you Oct. Was our original choice but other obligation's made us change.

I've been lurking for a while, but am about to finally book for October. The dates I have picked are historically blacked out for free dining, but I still have hope. I plan to just book the room in the next few days, then add dining on a later date. BUT i want to book my ADR's at the 180 day mark which I expect to need to do before the dining announcement (mid April will be 180 days out).

I have a four year old daughter and CRT is a must. I understand it is prepaid so my question is: what happens if you don't have a dining plan yet and prepay for the dinner, but then add the dining plan? Or would you advise me to just book a dining plan and wait and see?

Also, with the disney visa do you get to book ADR's early or is that a misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks!
Your CRT reservation is standalone and then when you get there you will advise you are on the dining plan at check in. When you use your magic band to pay after dinner, your credit card will be credited your money back. You can also cancel that reservation in advance, and your money will be credited back. We booked out CRT reservation last year before adding our meal plan on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter