Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Well called, struck out again yesterday afternoon and again this morning. No CM offered FD and no PINS. :(

Not that I was actually expecting to break my unlucky streak....

What if someone with the same address as you gets a pin but isn't going can you use their code? For instance your husband gets one but he isn't going could you use his code since the address is the same?

We used a pin that was in our mother's name this week. She is not going with us. The first CM told us we could not use it, but we have previously done this, so we hung up and called right back. Second CM said the pin is for the household, and the person just has to have the same address as you, not a requirement that they are actually going.

I'm curious about something. For those that have gotten a pin, have you stayed on-site before? I know someone mentioned earlier that their notification said something to the effect "because you've stayed with us before" or something like that. I light bulb went off in my head a week or so ago ~ although I've been to WDW three times before, I have never stayed on-site. I had given up on getting a pin anyway but I think not staying on-site before may be a reason (among unknown others) that we didn't get a pin. Just trying to make sense of it ~ if there is any sense to be made, lol!

We have always stayed onsite, so has my mother, whose name the pin came in.

Got a pin in my moms name, called and can't use, even though it was forwarded here, long story. But it doesn't matter anyway because I was playing around online with it and there is nothing available for our dates where we want. So I will stop calling, I really will. It just stinks cause we just went with my parents in Jan. And they got the pin. Ugh, frustrated!!!

I just tried again. No pin and no offer to give me FD without it. The CM I spoke to said they are not allowed to give FD without a pin. I guess you guys that got it either got really lucky or the right CM. So far I haven't gotten either. Oh well. We will still have a great time.:)

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I hate these pins. They are so frustrating and random. If you're going to have a sale, and let's face it that's what it is, then have a sale for everyone. If you only want to reward people who have been before, then reward everyone who has been before. Everyone in my extended family and several friends have received this pin, but not me or DH. No one except my inlaws are using it. My inlaws wouldn't even be using it if it weren't for the fact that they decided to come with us. So indirectly I got the pin, but I still hate the pins and the randomness of them. Sorry, I'll stop complaining now. I just hate seeing so many people who love Disney and want to have a fun family vacation upset by these stupid pins.

I think Disney is trying to get those that have not gotten pins to do the marketing for them. As in, my sister got a pin but I did not. Who better to convince someone to go again, earlier than planned (so that all can share in the FD) than one's own friends and family. I'm not sure if the FD had any impact on your in-laws decision or not and not that I was able to convince my sister to go however, but I bet others have been successful. It really is pretty smart marketing on their part, even though it drives me insane daily!
And I broke down and called today and checked my maiden name and married name...nothing.

Those are our dates, too. :goodvibes We are staying at POP.

We'll be at CBR!! It's a dual surprise birthday trip for my kids....6 years and 1 week apart! The have no clue! They are even going to school on the 18th and we're taking the last flight out of ACY.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We'll be at CBR!! It's a dual surprise birthday trip for my kids....6 years and 1 week apart! The have no clue! They are even going to school on the 18th and we're taking the last flight out of ACY.

How exciting! I could never surprise my kids with a trip. I am terrible at keeping secrets, but I did manage to keep their PL appointments and our Pirates and Pals voyage secret last year. We have been taking the kids out of school the Friday before their Fall break because flights are cheaper. This will be the last year we do that, though, because DD will be in middle school next October. :scared:

I hear ya! DD is a freshman this year and will miss the last week of field hockey....trust me its killing me! But I'm set on keeping this hush hush.

We can't keep the trip a secret in my family either but do have a few surprises planned when we are there. My niece who just loves Mickey and Minnie and turns 3 while we are at Disney is having dinner on her birthday at CM. Taking all the kids to CRT as a surprise, could not get an ADR last trip.

I hear ya! DD is a freshman this year and will miss the last week of field hockey....trust me its killing me! But I'm set on keeping this hush hush.

Seems like as the kids gets older it's getting harder to vacation! Our next trip is being squeezed at both ends (midnight flight out and 6am flight back) to not miss too many Nutcracker ballet rehearsals!

Tarheel Mom said:
Oh, you didn't burst my bubble ~ that just gives me reason to continue calling for a pin ;) . Even though I'm sure the resort I want to stay has no availability, I would probably switch for fd as long as there's a moderate available.

Lol good! Yes keep calling...be persistent :)
We started at POFQ but changed to POP only because it saved us another $600.

smitch425 said:
How exciting! I could never surprise my kids with a trip. I am terrible at keeping secrets, but I did manage to keep their PL appointments and our Pirates and Pals voyage secret last year. We have been taking the kids out of school the Friday before their Fall break because flights are cheaper. This will be the last year we do that, though, because DD will be in middle school next October. :scared:

We were going to surprise ours but it lasted about a week lol

When you book the trip with Disney, they won't charge for the whole thing until 45 days before your check-in date. So, depending on deposit requirements (if any), you could still book so you can have better chance of getting the resort & room type you want and cancel before the 45 day mark if it's not going to work out for you - or modify the reservation if needed.
For ADRs, most restaurants only have a 24 hour cancellation notice before they charge a late cancel/no-show fee so you could make your ADRs & cancel/modify those as needed.

Newbie on disboards, so please bear with me. So many posts and so little time. Regarding these pins, can you explain a little about them to me. I have sent away for the planning cd so I think they have my name and address on file. I haven't heard anything from them either through the mail or e-mail. If this is how they get your name and address, should I call and inquire about a pin next to my name ? We are planning on visiting from Oct 20th through the 26th which falls under the dates for the fddp. Also, from the way I took this post, and correct me if I'm wrong, I could book the room, ddp, and park tickets for the time we're there and then if they offer the fddp I can call and ask them for the promotion? If they don't offer the fddp before the 45 day mark, I can call and ask them to remove the ddp from my package and it won't be charged to my card? This is so confusing to me reading all these posts, but they do help out quite a bit. Thanks in advance for your help.

I booked a trip to Disney for 11/11-11/18 the day before the 180 day date. I received a pin code in the mail on the Tues after the ticket prices went up. This is the first time I've stayed at Disney.

Newbie on disboards, so please bear with me. So many posts and so little time. Regarding these pins, can you explain a little about them to me. I have sent away for the planning cd so I think they have my name and address on file. I haven't heard anything from them either through the mail or e-mail. If this is how they get your name and address, should I call and inquire about a pin next to my name ? We are planning on visiting from Oct 20th through the 26th which falls under the dates for the fddp. Also, from the way I took this post, and correct me if I'm wrong, I could book the room, ddp, and park tickets for the time we're there and then if they offer the fddp I can call and ask them for the promotion? If they don't offer the fddp before the 45 day mark, I can call and ask them to remove the ddp from my package and it won't be charged to my card? This is so confusing to me reading all these posts, but they do help out quite a bit. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's a totally random thing, with no rhyme or reason. Once they have your address, you could indeed have a PIN, so it's worth calling to see...plus at this point you could get some magic sprinkled your way and just be offered free dining even without a PIN.

It's a totally random thing, with no rhyme or reason. Once they have your address, you could indeed have a PIN, so it's worth calling to see...plus at this point you could get some magic sprinkled your way and just be offered free dining even without a PIN.

Black562 any news on if this offer will go to the general public?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter