Free Dining Extended!

I'm confused with the FD. We are staying at the GF from 11/29-12/5. We booked through an agent (probably just should have booked ourselves) and we emailed her about the extended FD yesterday. Her response:

"At this time, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is not available with this offer for your travel dates. Therefore, I was unable to modify your reservation at this time."

Really?? It seems like everyone else is able to apply FD to their existing reservation so long as their check in date doesn't fall on a black out date. So confusing, and disappointing!! :(

I'm confused with the FD. We are staying at the GF from 11/29-12/5. We booked through an agent (probably just should have booked ourselves) and we emailed her about the extended FD yesterday. Her response:

"At this time, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is not available with this offer for your travel dates. Therefore, I was unable to modify your reservation at this time."

Really?? It seems like everyone else is able to apply FD to their existing reservation so long as their check in date doesn't fall on a black out date. So confusing, and disappointing!! :(

It is entirely possible that they just didn't include the GF in this promotion. Not every resort or type of resort room is included in any given promotion.

I would still call Disney travel directly just to double check. Or try a booking online to see if it offers availability.

I would call Disney and find out. It's possible that there were a very limited number of FD rooms at GF, and they went quickly.

GF could be full. Why don't you call Disney and inquire about a new ressie...don't tell them you already have one. See if there is availability. If the say yes call your TA back. :goodvibes

Checking online GF doesn't show any availability for those dates.

:surfweb:need help please,we have booked Pop 5 nights on Nov 4th- this is blacked out- so if I could change dates to 12th for 5nights could i get free dining, we are from u.k and have also got the 14 day ultimate pass, thanks a millionx

Rachelanne, I beleive the free dining deal requires you to purchase at least a one day park ticket to get free dining. You dont need tickets since you already have the 14 day ultimate but you would still save a few dollars by buying a one day ticket and dining for free for 5 days.

Thanks to these boards, we now have FD!!! Yeah! I was only on hold for about 2 minutes. It was not worth it if we had to pay for it as my DD is a small and picky eater. This way, I'm not worrying at all! I swapped out my 30% off at POFQ for the FD and ended up saving an additional $250-$300. I'm so excited! I made all my ADRs for all nights of our stay just in case this came up. Three character meals, 2 additional buffets, and a regular menu meal. So excited:cool1:!
Jessica

Rachelanne, I beleive the free dining deal requires you to purchase at least a one day park ticket to get free dining. You dont need tickets since you already have the 14 day ultimate but you would still save a few dollars by buying a one day ticket and dining for free for 5 days.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to purchase a two-day ticket to take advantage of this Free Dining offer.

Thanks to these boards, we now have FD!!! Yeah! I was only on hold for about 2 minutes. It was not worth it if we had to pay for it as my DD is a small and picky eater. This way, I'm not worrying at all! I swapped out my 30% off at POFQ for the FD and ended up saving an additional $250-$300. I'm so excited! I made all my ADRs for all nights of our stay just in case this came up. Three character meals, 2 additional buffets, and a regular menu meal. So excited:cool1:!
Jessica
Annual pass holders can't get this offer can they? I have annual pass and I have already received a 40percent off pin offer that I have already booked. I don't think it would be worth it to change it to free dining. I think it will cost way more.

Annual pass holders can't get this offer can they? I have annual pass and I have already received a 40percent off pin offer that I have already booked. I don't think it would be worth it to change it to free dining. I think it will cost way more.

You would have to give up the 40% off (pay rack rate) and add 2-day tickets (which you could use when you renew your APs).

It's not worth it for us either. The 40% off saves a LOT more. We bought the TIW card too, which helps with the table service meals. It payed for itself in June and now it will be pure savings for the rest of the year.

So I'm out due to the black out date for PW week. I am staying thru Dec 12though, so I don't know if i'll get it all week or just the dates of the 10th -12th only.:confused:

I had to "give back" the 30% off a moderate and then add the free dining. The difference was about $250. I think with 30% we saved $400 and with the FD, we saved $650. It was very easy to swap it out.
Jessica

You would have to give up the 40% off (pay rack rate) and add 2-day tickets (which you could use when you renew your APs).

It's not worth it for us either. The 40% off saves a LOT more. We bought the TIW card too, which helps with the table service meals. It payed for itself in June and now it will be pure savings for the rest of the year.

Exactly, when a 1 day requirement was the rule and you could get FD basic plan at a Value, it was worth it. Not with 2 day and min. of a moderate if you have an AP. We have TIW as well and will be able to get exactly what we want without all the included desserts that we wouldn't really order anyway! WDW is making all their most recent offers unfriendly to AP holders. I guess with AP room discounts (that are even coming out later than the GP ones) they know we'll most likely be back and they already have pd. tickets. Why not sell to those they can get it all from. I never really thought like that until all the offers this year required at least a 2 day ticket or length of stay in order to get an offer.

Exactly, when a 1 day requirement was the rule and you could get FD basic plan at a Value, it was worth it. Not with 2 day and min. of a moderate if you have an AP. We have TIW as well and will be able to get exactly what we want without all the included desserts that we wouldn't really order anyway! WDW is making all their most recent offers unfriendly to AP holders. I guess with AP room discounts (that are even coming out later than the GP ones) they know we'll most likely be back and they already have pd. tickets. Why not sell to those they can get it all from. I never really thought like that until all the offers this year required at least a 2 day ticket or length of stay in order to get an offer.

I was thinking about renewing our AP in Aug, but have decided not to. Like you said all the discounts aren't helpful for AP holders. I was lucky to book bounceback last Aug so I have FD at a value with a one day ticket. I think that is the last time we will see that. I'm going to DL next year instead of WDW. :banana:

So I'm out due to the black out date for PW week. I am staying thru Dec 12though, so I don't know if i'll get it all week or just the dates of the 10th -12th only.:confused:

What day are you cheking in? if its not a blackout day it will be goof for you full stay. :goodvibes

So I'm out due to the black out date for PW week. I am staying thru Dec 12though, so I don't know if i'll get it all week or just the dates of the 10th -12th only

It is based on check-in day. I just added 3 days to the beginning of my trip to hit the very last FD day (Dec. 21). I then get FD until my checkout. It saved me about $400 to add the extra days. :wizard:

To take advantage of the 10th-12th, you might have to do 2 separate reservations, but I don't think that stay is going to be long enough to qualify. :headache:

We had to change from WL to BWI in order to get the FD for 12/11-12/18 for the six of us. There was no availability at WL for the FD promo. Maybe consider changing resorts, check online for availability. We have issues because there are so many of us, not too many options.

Good Luck!

So happy...originally was booked 9/25-10/5 for the fall FD, but really wanted to go later in the year so that the weather would be nicer. Was able to switch to 12/2-12/12 at POP. :dance3: Was only $70 more to do that since my son will turn 3 in October...but now our entire trip is during value season, unlike before. I'm glad because now he gets the dining plan too, so he and DD (1) can share the meals.

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Thanks so much DIS boards and Mousesavers emails!!! Got it T-giving week and checking in the 18th of Nov. You all rock!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Got 2 "free" days and Free dining @ POP century for 8 nights/9 days total for my family of 7!!! for $3990 -- can't beat it. Saved us about $700 over the discount code that we previously had applied. Soooooo excited! (We did upgrade to the regular dining plan).

Arrgh, we were so hoping to use FD for a Thanksgiving trip. Last year we arrived the Saturday before and had FD for the whole week. No way we can get there for the Thursday before. I think it is kind of odd that the blackout dates eliminate a lot of FD for Thanksgiving but open it for Christmas.

Maybe they will offer a great package we can use for Thanksgiving. We have had one the last few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter