Free Dining Extended!

Remember, Disney doesn't offer discounts out of the goodness of their hearts. They'd be NUTS to go back and automatically reduce people's prices. Their goal with discounts is to bring in NEW business. I'm just glad they'll adjust it when we ask!

I agree. Plus, there is some fun in the watching, waiting and finally getting of a deal, or is that just me?

I agree. Plus, there is some fun in the watching, waiting and finally getting of a deal, or is that just me?
It certainly made MY day! I thought that second week of December would be blacked out, and that I'd have to do a split stay, but my dates were all good. We arrive on the 11th and I didn't have to change a thing. And I found out early enough the phone lines weren't nuts yet. I was one of the lucky ones.

When does the reservation center open? I want to jump pon this ASAP in the morning. I have to change my existing ressie to FD from 40% off PIN.
So excited!!! So excited! I haven't been this excited since I booked our trip in April.

It certainly made MY day! I thought that second week of December would be blacked out, and that I'd have to do a split stay, but my dates were all good. We arrive on the 11th and I didn't have to change a thing. And I found out early enough the phone lines weren't nuts yet. I was one of the lucky ones.

Yeah, I didn't have a long wait either. And while I did have to make a change, I am not complaining, adding 2 days and still saving over $600 was OK by me! :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous - it is 8 degrees Celcius here today (but feels like 4 degrees) and I'm freezing cold. The only thing that cheers me up is WDW dreaming :rotfl2:

DH was painting a house today and said was 108' on the deck at one point this afternoon.... needless to say we have had the AC blairing all day!!:confused3:confused3

:surfweb:need help please,we have booked Pop 5 nights on Nov 4th- this is blacked out- so if I could change dates to 12th for 5nights could i get free dining, we are from u.k and have also got the 14 day ultimate pass, thanks a millionx

Three cheers and a big WAHOO :banana: for all of you who have been waiting for free dining to be extended! We will be at POP 8/17-8/26 and I well remember how stressed I made myself, waiting for free dining to be offered this year. I'm psyched for all of you who now can eat for "free" right up until Christmas!! :cool1:

I am checking in on a blackout day and the last day is a blackout day. They keep telling me they are "hard" dates and I can't apply free dining to a day that is on blackout.

It's ok. I am thrilled to be saving over 1000.00!

Doberlady, think "split stay" reservation. Consider it a chance to visit two or more resorts in one trip.

So happy!!!:banana::banana:

I called last night and switched our reservation over to FD with no problem.
Everything stayed the same, resort, room requests etc.

No more wishing and hoping :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Bell- My husband would have me committed if I told him we (a family if 5) were going to stay at another resort for 1 day. Not worth the trouble for us. We have been so many times and have seen all of the resorts. POR was our 1st ever resort when it was Dixie Landings and we are excited to be going back to where the magic first started for us. I could actually cry if I sit here long enough. :cloud9:

You don't have to switch resorts you can just make a room only reservation for a night or two to get you into that free dining period.

I do have a room only ressie for the first and a room only for the last night. Both of those room only nights are part of the blackout and 4 CMs have said I can't get free dining on those 2 nights as they are hard blackout dates.

I am getting the FD for the 7 days in between

I do have a room only ressie for the first and a room only for the last night. Both of those room only nights are part of the blackout and 4 CMs have said I can't get free dining on those 2 nights as they are hard blackout dates.

I am getting the FD for the 7 days in between

You really should talk to another CM. They are correct that the first day can not be included and you should leave that as a room only ressie. The last day should be added to your your free dining ressie and you should get the dining on that day. Ask for a supervisor...there are so many CMs that don't know all the right answers. :goodvibes

The October dates are blacked out because most schools now have a fall break just like spring break, so it will be a busy time.

Surely that is not the reason. My kids are out for fall break during the black out dates and last year Free Dining was included. The parks with the exception of Epcot (Food&Wine) were half empty as was our resort Port Orleans Riverside. The longest wait for any ride except Toy Story Mania (due to stoppage during the ride?) was 15 minutes. We even walked into Tusker House for Lunch with some friends at the last minute and didn't have to wait and it was empty. Most of the school names seen on various articles were from our area of Tennessee. I don't know what is up with the dates being blacked out this year but I can't believe that it has to do with the schools.

After being on hold for 40 minutes, i was able to include FD. We're staying at POFQ from 10/25-11/01. Thank goodness :worship: I checked the boards this morning (haven't been on the computer in a couple of days) or I would not have known that the dates were extended.

Pixie dust to everyone :wizard:

So happy!!!:banana::banana:

I called last night and switched our reservation over to FD with no problem.
Everything stayed the same, resort, room requests etc.

No more wishing and hoping :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Been singing this all day yesterday

"Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!"

Stilled thrilled today about getting FD!!!!

Now I am totally bummed. Was hoping for Disney Visa free dining for my dates and on their site, they are listing the same dates as the public offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter