Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grouphug:

I have moved over and just catching up ... it is our Thanksgiving weekend so been busy with family and turkey.

I agree ... the friendships created here are ones I hope to continue even after our trip. You have all been great and I love how everyone shares information and is willing to help out. We really are a great family and on this day I'm thankful for my Disney family :grouphug:

I soooooo agree!!!:hug: Happy Thanksgiving!

so true, our trip is going to be even more wonderful because of all the things I have learned here.

I feel the same way! :thumbsup2 I didn't know about the DIS when I went back in 2011 and can't believe how much better prepared I feel for this trip. Crazy!!! Scard are you going to Wishes on Monday night or was that someone else? If so, we need to meet up. We are there at 8:20pm:)

Ok, so, it looks like this Avatar Land is becoming more and more of a reality. To be honest, I have been totally underwhelmed by the whole idea, but there is now a spark of curiosity.
They are talking about a night time spectacular with a light show involving the river and a night time version of Kilimanjaro Safari Ride (my favorite in AK).
Do you think this means the park will be opened longer???? It now closes around 5-6 pm and it does not get dark until 8-9pm???
This is kind of exciting because I now may be able to actually get a drink at the Dawa Bar!!! I just can't do a drink during the day in the heat.

I bet since it is Disney it will be FANTASTIC!!!! And another reason (not that we need one) for all of us to go back!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Well, spent the weekend doing things that needed to get done. Started packing some things, so excited!!! Wednesday's my last day at work since we are traveling actually before our fly out date, so trying to catch stuff up here has been crazy :yay: But....5 days!!!!:woohoo:

Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah!:banana::banana: Of course my 13 year old has 3 tests this week and a research paper, my 11 year old has a science and a math project and my 7 year old is "catch of the week" which means she has something every day! Not to mention practices and games all week. Come on Sunday!! Don't these people know I am trying to pack!:dancer::dancer::dancer:

We are 32 days out and I'm still waiting on MM from my TA. Is that ok? I'm starting to freak out a bit especially since I know she's going on vacation in 2 days, so I know she won't be able to mail anything for a week and 1/2 or so.

My TA mailed things out between week 3 and 4. And "she" did not actually mail it herself. She works for an agency and all the Disney Travel Co. documents/booklet go to the main office and is mailed out from there. Hopin' you get it soon!:yay:

We are 32 days out and I'm still waiting on MM from my TA. Is that ok? I'm starting to freak out a bit especially since I know she's going on vacation in 2 days, so I know she won't be able to mail anything for a week and 1/2 or so.
That's perfectly normal. I'm 32 days out too and I think others with our arrival just got theirs on Saturday, so I'd say give at least a week or so turnaround time from Saturday for your TA to get it to you.

Mom22girls56 said:
Yeah when we arrived 30 minutes before there were already quite a few people there.

Ok....maybe we'll show up closer to an hr before than.

KNovacovschi said:
Adults only, I would so love to do that. *sigh* I'm trying to convince my DH to allow us to do this next year for our 10 yr anniversary but so far no luck. ;(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Trust me we have a while yet....my kids are 10 & 8. So until theyre older, an adult trip is out of the question....at least to Disney. Weve gone to Boston a few times....just us. And it was wonderful. No responsibilty....just for a couple of days.

KNovacovschi said:
I also find there is a difference. On MDE it says I have 4 days left to customize MB(Oct 18) & the app says I have 3(Oct 17) & am confused on which is right. Our check in date is Nov 17. Guess it really doesn't matter though as they've been customized for a couple weeks now. Guess I'm more curious then anything. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The one on the computer is probably the right one. I got ours shortly after our deadline.

4CanadianMice said:
:grouphug:

I have moved over and just catching up ... it is our Thanksgiving weekend so been busy with family and turkey.

I agree ... the friendships created here are ones I hope to continue even after our trip. You have all been great and I love how everyone shares information and is willing to help out. We really are a great family and on this day I'm thankful for my Disney family :grouphug:

Happy Thanksgiving!! Its one of my favorite holidays here. I look forward to dinner the entire week prior lol
I fully intend to be on here just as much after my trip as I am before. Ill be more educated and more helpful. Plus I'd miss everyone if I wasn't on here :)

Trust me we have a while yet....my kids are 10 & 8. So until theyre older, an adult trip is out of the question....at least to Disney. Weve gone to Boston a few times....just us. And it was wonderful. No responsibilty....just for a couple of days.

We waited 20 years and many trips with thd kids that were awesome but We are now on our third adult only trip and it's wonderful

plutospalforever said:
Ditto! Why do you think I am still here???:grouphug: It's been two weeks and 2 days since my trip.:sad: I need to live vicariously through all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!:wave2:

But who's counting??? Lol
Ill be the same way though. My husband said to me yesterday that he wished we could book 2 yrs in advance because we'd book one now for 2015. I wish we were disciplined enough to set money aside for a year on our own....we're not lol at least if the trip is booked, we can put the money towards the trip.

plutospalforever said:
Ok, so, it looks like this Avatar Land is becoming more and more of a reality. To be honest, I have been totally underwhelmed by the whole idea, but there is now a spark of curiosity.
They are talking about a night time spectacular with a light show involving the river and a night time version of Kilimanjaro Safari Ride (my favorite in AK).
Do you think this means the park will be opened longer???? It now closes around 5-6 pm and it does not get dark until 8-9pm???
This is kind of exciting because I now may be able to actually get a drink at the Dawa Bar!!! I just can't do a drink during the day in the heat.

The blog I read said it was supposed to stay open later. They were talking about how it'll affect the animals and having the cast members stay later. I'm not sure it fits the AK theme though does it? I've never seen the movie but to me this would fit more in either HS or US.

prettypatchesmsu said:
October operating hours have been updated, added some extra hours to the parks for the end of October!

I put the park hours and EMH in my phone so I have them on hand for our trip.

Ok I think I'm done replying...for now. I got so behind while I was at work today. Lol

But who's counting??? Lol Ill be the same way though. My husband said to me yesterday that he wished we could book 2 yrs in advance because we'd book one now for 2015. I wish we were disciplined enough to set money aside for a year on our own....we're not lol at least if the trip is booked, we can put the money towards the trip.

This is our first solo trip and we cannot wait! We saved for three years for this one, used a savings account put aside just for saving for the trip. Helps to keep it out if the regular accounts ;) I'd be like, nope that's our disney money, cannot touch it!

prettypatchesmsu said:
Lol! I know, it's hard to focus ;)

I know!! I'm at my sons baseball practice and instead of watching him I'm watching the boards and playing my games lol

prettypatchesmsu said:
This is our first solo trip and we cannot wait! We saved for three years for this one, used a savings account put aside just for saving for the trip. Helps to keep it out if the regular accounts ;) I'd be like, nope that's our disney money, cannot touch it!

Yeah that's the only way we would be able to do it. We'd have to open a seperate acct just for vacation.
I can't wait to do a solo trip. It'd be a totally different experience. But we have a few years yet until we can plan that. Have fun on your solo trip!! I'm kinda jealous lol

If you tried to make one on Dis tickers, after you make it, copy the middle choice that begins with "url=http..." and then paste it in the box under "edit signature." Not sure what part your having the difficulties with, so let us know if I didn't cover what you needed.:goodvibes

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter