Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Long time, no type!

I'm Amy, from TX. Recently widowed and have a 5 yr old son, who is awesome.

My parents took me to WDW when I was 5. I remember getting silky "kimono" type pajamas at Epcot. Sadly, I don't remember much else!

Went again in jr high as a tag along with my sister & her hubs as they had a trade show in Orlando. It was fun, but I would have loved to have had a friend along. I found out my big sis was prone to motion sickness in the middle of Body Wars!! I went back my Sr yr in high school with our youth choir.

My most memorable trips would occur in Nov 2012 & 2013. The former was DS's Make a Wish trip and would turn out to be our last vacation as a family. A friend "knew" Darth Vader and arranged for a M&G for our boy. He had been terrified of most of the characters up to this point so we were nervous. He did awesome and was speechless when Darth took his lightsaber and handed him his, complete with his autograph! My fav picture is of DH, DS, DV and the stormtroopers. DH lamented the fact that he was in the picture but I'm so glad he was. It would end up being the 1st and only time DH would go to Disney World.

Nov 2013 was to be a surprise return trip for our DS. DH died, unexpectedly, 10/29. Since the trip was paid for, my oldest sister came with us and we honored DH by forging on. I lived up to his go-go-go itinerary and DS bravely fought DV in the Jedi Training Academy. He and I rode Star Tours more times than I could count!! We had some pixie dust thanks to some very caring CMs one night at the MK, too. We also had a surprise gift basket in our room from some mysterious but thoughtful person. I felt like yelling at everyone at points in time...I felt like I couldn't go another step at others. But seeing that unspeakable joy on my son's face...priceless.

One trip my DH wanted to make was to go to Star Wars Weekends as he and DS shared a deep love for Star Wars. I'm so sad thinking about it but I kind of want to go in his memory. I suck at SW knowledge, though (I've seen all the movies but I don't retain facts like he and DS did!). I'm also nervous about it just being DS and I.

Anyway, that's my story. Oh!! I'm a SAHM but I am going to have to figure out a paying job in the near future (also praying about moving back to my hometown which is 12 hrs from here).

Nice to hear from you. Hope your doing better with every day. Good luck hugzzzz

So, my husband just texted me (he is working from home) and said that we got an automated phone call from Disney with a vacation offer. It is a 3 digit code, so I know that is usually rack rate, but has anyone ever gotten an offer by phone? I know they come by email or mail, but I didn't know if they ever called.

So, my husband just texted me (he is working from home) and said that we got an automated phone call from Disney with a vacation offer. It is a 3 digit code, so I know that is usually rack rate, but has anyone ever gotten an offer by phone? I know they come by email or mail, but I didn't know if they ever called.

No. I'd be very cautious. Google the number they called from. It's probably a local agency.

No. I'd be very cautious. Google the number they called from. It's probably a local agency.

You are right...I called Disney just to check (I was curious) and she said that it was not them. They don't do calls like that. It is good to know!

No, he's right, but maybe it isn't clear enough. He means that some folks think that free dining pins mean it will go public. He means that free dining pins went out in the winter, spring, summer, but no public offers were released.

Like my quote in the article said, I think three weeks of September is all we are going to get. :confused3

His info on recent FD PIN's is incorrect. He's stated that recent PIN's had no FD offers. That's wrong.

-
CritterToronto

Wasn't wrong, it just wasn't clear. He did mean free dining PINs, just that the offers never went public. I reached out, and it's been clarified.

Wasn't wrong, it just wasn't clear. He did mean free dining PINs, just that the offers never went public. I reached out, and it's been clarified.

Thanks for the clarity:thumbsup2 Deep down really want you all to be wrong,:lmao:

Thanks for the clarity:thumbsup2 Deep down really want you all to be wrong,:lmao:

I'm not saying free dining is dead, I'm just saying that the likelihood of only being offered during September is quite strong.

When were you looking for free dining?

What is Play Stay and Dine? Can I save a lot of money if this package comes out? I would like to stay at POR.

Essentially, SPD is a discount where adults pay child pricing for tickets and dining. They did it a little differently last year but it still worked out to be roughly the same as child pricing for adults.

Thanks aaarcher86,
The Play, Stay and Dine package doesn't sound bad. We could save some money.
I still would love the free dining package.

I'm not saying free dining is dead, I'm just saying that the likelihood of only being offered during September is quite strong.

We have enjoyed free dining every year it has been offered, sometimes twice:lovestruc We need it for fall break, we can check in as early as 9/30 and will stay till Oct 12. I have called and called and called hoping for some early magic. Our daughter will be a senior next year and we plan on letting her take some friends with her (we did this for our son with FD). We pay for transportation, room/s, food and they pay for their tickets/spending. Food is huge for us with teens that eat a bunch:rolleyes1 My son has gotten a PIN before in his name at my moms address :confused3, but he will not be going with us and we have never gotten one for our address so really stressing here.

September would be good. It's taking everything I have not to book now but I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter