Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I keep justifying over and over too!!! This time one thing I am changing is not planning to much and having more resort time. Last trip none of us really enjoyed making time for sit down meals so this trip we will wing it and I am not booking a single ADR. Yikes! :-)

Anything any of you will change or do differently on your next trip?

Love the new ticker!!!!! Last trip we booked the majority of our ADRs at different hotels. I know it was at Christmas, and the decorations added a lot, but we really enjoyed seeing the different themes, etc. Next trip we are going to plan for more time at DTD.

We wing our entire trip. I dont plan anything. But our next trip we are throwing in a reset day. We didnt do iy last time and our butts were dragging by the end of the week.

Us too! The last day I could hardly pull my kids out of the bed.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thats what I thought but I wanted to check. My one girlfriend is booking a trip and she asked me. So of course I cane here for an answer :) But were staying there next year and thats good to know.

AOA was my original resort we were staying out last year before we changed and I really think I remember the bus being for just AoA and that was a real selling feature. :thumbsup2

Love the new ticker!!!!! Last trip we booked the majority of our ADRs at different hotels. I know it was at Christmas, and the decorations added a lot, but we really enjoyed seeing the different themes, etc. Next trip we are going to plan for more time at DTD.

I bet it was beautiful! We didn't even make it DTD last year. We stayed in DTD the first time we went and spent a lot of time there. This trip coming up we are only 4 days so I doubt it will work out this time either. Especially since I am going to add in some major pool time.:banana:

Does AOA have their own bus or do they share with another resort? I dont remember.

99% of the time they do but just like the PO resorts they can and have shared with POP. I think it was rare and there were only a few reports.

I just read on the AOA thread that they're excluded from all discounts this year...supposedly a CM and TA told this person...any thoughts? The only reason I care is because we're planning to stay there next year.

I just read on the AOA thread that they're excluded from all discounts this year...supposedly a CM and TA told this person...any thoughts? The only reason I care is because we're planning to stay there next year.

Doesn't surprise me. LM rooms were excluded last year and I guess the suites must be popular enough. But I wouldn't think they would know all of what they are doing for the entire year yet. Things could change and they may need to fill bookings.

The suites were excluded from the November 2013 free dining offer. We were able to get a room only discount. It was 15%.

Does anyone know what would happen if a pin came in my maiden name? Would I beable to show Disney my marriage cert and still use the pin? I just thought of this since I've sent for travel dvds, and bought things from the disney store using both names, but always the same email address. =/ I'd hate to get a pin and not beable to use it.

Does anyone know what would happen if a pin came in my maiden name? Would I beable to show Disney my marriage cert and still use the pin? I just thought of this since I've sent for travel dvds, and bought things from the disney store using both names, but always the same email address. =/ I'd hate to get a pin and not beable to use it.

Yes!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

G719 said:
The suites were excluded from the November 2013 free dining offer. We were able to get a room only discount. It was 15%.

Yeah I know LM was excluded in the past but not the whole resort. The suites have been limited but not excluded in the past too. I want a nemo suite next year. Im hoping they dont exclude the resort, I need FD again.

waiting for free dining..... are the any pins out right now for the fall besides memory maker discount? worth a call to see if a pin is attached first?

waiting for free dining..... are the any pins out right now for the fall besides memory maker discount? worth a call to see if a pin is attached first?

No GP offers out right now for fall besides the memory maker, and unless somethings changed theres no pins out either. Mid march has been thrown around a concerning discounts, weather its a pin or a GP coming out Im not sure anyone knows.

Morning! We did a BB last Sept for this coming Sept. We may be coming in the night before. Anyone know if we add that night if it will mess things up with the FD offer already on the ressie? Will eventually call but thought you wonderful ppl could give me a heads up!

Morning! We did a BB last Sept for this coming Sept. We may be coming in the night before. Anyone know if we add that night if it will mess things up with the FD offer already on the ressie? Will eventually call but thought you wonderful ppl could give me a heads up!

If you try to add that first night to your current package it will have to be cancelled and rebooked so yes, you would lose your FD since it is not out currently. But you can just book a room only and have 2 reservations at the same resort without messing up the first reservation. That is the route I would go.

So a couple of things for this Friday morning.

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Does that sound like fun? :confused3

So a couple of things for this Friday morning.

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Would this be in PIN code form or Public code?

That could be either. But I'm leaning toward a public date. We haven't seen room discounts running past June, which we need to see before the fall offers can go. So this timing makes sense.

Sounds great to me!! Thanks for the heads-up! We are looking for July. :-)

Im Suzie, im married to my high school sweetheart for almost 18 years now. We have 2 children DD-17 . DS=turns 14 today! Being from the west coast all my life i have taken several trips to disneyland. My first trip to the world was in 2010 and we have gone twice since then, and are heading back hopefully this fall this hinges on free dining (it just works for my husband who despite being able to afford dinner can not force himself to pay for said dinner at those prices) I own my own Rock & gemstone business, We find, cut , shape and polish gemstones and sell them in jewelry, by themselves and in wall art. My business basically pays for my obsession after our last two week trip in August my husband was done with disney , my badgering worked and he told me if i could run the distance of a half marathon (not doing it at disney as it would take time away from other fun) then he would take me back ! Guess what im running about 10 miles a week right now. Im only at week 4 of my training and am very pooh shaped so this is quite the accomplishment for me so far! Sorry for the novel i tend to be an over sharer.

I'm in. I am married with two grown children. DS is nearly 20 and DD is 17. Our first trip as a family o four was when my daughter was 3. We had one other trip prior to that when DS was nearly 2. My love for Disney in general began when I was a child. We watched every Disney movie over and over. Loved Mickey Mouse Club. My love for the parks came on my first trip, which was with my sister, bil and nephew when I was 21 years old. I work in a reservations office for a timeshare in our area. Spent several years in the banking business before my kids were born. Then spent 13 years as a stay at home mom. We visit Disney approximately every 4 years. It is our one true happy place. DS is no longer a Disney fan though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter