Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunset7132 said:
Sorry I haven't been around. I'm too depressed to look here lately. I have to cancel my bb for nov. I really hurt myself bad last trip. Both knees need surgery I haven't walked since our nov trip. First surgery is in 27 days and then 3 months later the next knee. Pray for me because I miss this board and I miss the excitement. Been so depressedi don't wanna come on here knowing I have to cancel,our trip. . I promise kat once these 2 surgeries are done and I'am walking again I will be here every day counting down to our nov 2015 trip. Im gonna call and beg disney to give me the same bb next year.

Im so sorry your so depressed.....id hug you if I could <3
At least you know the surgeries will help and you can get back on your feet again. We'll celebrate over a cocktail in November 2015 at Epcot.....you deserve it. :)

Hi my name is Kelly. Been married to DH for 12 years this June. 3 kids, DS 10, DD 7, and DD 1 (just celebrated birthday yesterday!). I am an IT Help Desk manager.

Growing up we visited Florida every year for spring training and to visit my grandparents. My parents took me to Disney World 3 times growing up and I loved it. The DH and I honeymooned at the world in 2002. We took the kids in 2010 and 2012 and are now planning a Oct 2014 trip. Every trip I have stayed offsite. We decided after the last time we will never stay offsite again!

So a couple of things for this Friday morning.

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Does that sound like fun? :confused3

:wave2: I'm 39, married for 13 years to a great guy, with 2 kids (DS 6, DD 9). I work at a large University in research. I've been there for 15 years and have a great job...most days.

I've been going to WDW almost since it opened. We went to Florida every year growing up. We had a condo near St. Pete and went for 2 weeks every summer - we would pack up and leave on the last day of school. We would break up the 2 weeks by coming to WDW for 1 or 2 days. So, I've probably been on 30 or so trips but only a few on-site stays.

After getting married I brought my DH a couple times. He'd never been to WDW before and loved it. After we had kids we planned an on-site trip and stayed at the BCR CL. We LOVED it!!! It was so magical. So, we go every few years now. We love going to the beach, mountains, etc. so there are lots of other places we like to travel to, as well.

I love it when we're planning a trip. I like planning the restaurants, attractions....all of it. We're not really commando but we are all about the attractions. That's what we get most excited about. We also love spending our down-time at the pools. Can't wait for this September!!! I probably think about Disney a little more than a person should. :blush:

Hi! I am Melissa. I am currently planning my 7th trip to Disney. I thought we
would just take the kids to Disney once and then check that off our vacation list! Well.....you know how that turned out! We were hooked! When I divorced last summer after 33 years of marriage, I gathered up my grown kids and said it was time to go to the happy place again. We all needed it. I invited my sister because she had a difficult year also and had never been to Disney. I created a new Disney fan so we are planning our next trip!

I have a degree in education and taught school for several years before becoming a mom. I home educated our children and that was great. I have a married daughter that is 26 and twin sons that are 21. One son is entering the Marines in 2 weeks and then will return home to complete his degree. The other son just completed his BBA in accounting. All of us enjoy traveling and Disney in particular!

Glad to "meet" everyone. I don't post often, but I lurk often!
Melissa

Hi everyone, relatively new here. Lurked a lot last year but we are finally booked for this fall so I have come out of lurk mode a bit. The "we" consists of me, my hubby, and our two kids frick is 7 and frack is 4. This will be the kids first trip and my hubby's 2nd. I've been about 7-8 times. We are from Maryland and are not so anxiously awaiting the latest snowstorm! I am however, anxiously awaiting the fall discounts!

okay guys I'm at about 24 hours from checkin at ASsports.

Barring, freezing drizzle, wind chills and polar vortex winds.

Holy Cow, I could kill me a groundhog right about now. ;)

Hi all! My name is Megan, originally from KS, now in St Louis. DH and I have 2 kids, DD 4 and DS 9. Visited MK for the first time on a one-day trip in 2012, we were instantly hooked. Went for a full week last year and stayed at the Beach Club. It is definitely our happy place! Planning a fall trip this year, then heading back in Feb 2015 for the Princess half. DIS is such a great resource and made planning our last trip a breeze!

bookgirl said:
okay guys I'm at about 24 hours from checkin at ASsports.

Barring, freezing drizzle, wind chills and polar vortex winds.

Holy Cow, I could kill me a groundhog right about now. ;)

Wow...I didnt realize your trip was so close. Is this your solo trip? I hope the weather doesnt postpone your trip....this winter sucks!

My sis and her family are flying out to Disney tomorrow. Only problem is we are supposed to get hit first with a nice storm, and then snow. We could get up to a half inch of ice and eight inches of snow. Yikes.

black562 said:
My sis and her family are flying out to Disney tomorrow. Only problem is we are supposed to get hit first with a nice storm, and then snow. We could get up to a half inch of ice and eight inches of snow. Yikes.

Ewe...we started out with 12-14" than they dropped it to 4-8" now were 3-6". Thats much better. But im so done with snow. We're supposed to get ice too but not much. Itll be enough though to make it even uglier. I hope she can still go but uts not looking good for her :(

So a couple of things for this Friday morning. First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go. Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that.... Does that sound like fun? :confused3
Hi my name is Keri and I am a Disneyholic. I am 43 and have a DS 9 and DD 8. Been married almost 14 years. We recently moved to Ohio. I am a stay at home mom. I have always loved Disney but my addictive behavior really began when I had kids. Before that I had been to the parks over 50x but it was to drink or play not to experience it. My husband was never really into Disney until we started going every year. Now if I try to plan another type of vacation, I am shot down. We are planning to buy a DVC within the next year. Not sure where yet.

Have a great day!

black562, you always come up with good ideas! I look forward to all the information you are able to pass on to us.

I am COMPLETELY addicted to Disney. I went there one time as a kid when it first opened, and then not again until I was 33 years old!!! I'm not sure really what made me decide to go at age 33 for virtually the first time, as I had very little memory of my first trip, but I'm so glad I did.

From that time, I have been almost 20 times. Now that I count (on my fingers no less), I think this year will actually be #20!!! Wait, let me count again......:rolleyes1

Yup!! This year is number #20!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

WOW!!!! Anyway, married to my wonderful dh of 12 years this year. We got engaged on our first trip to Disney together, got married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and honeymooned there, and have been fortunate enough to go every year since then. Two years we went twice a year, until we decided to send our dd to private school, and twice a year went out the window.

Our favorite resort is Poly, and despite all the construction, we are staying there again. We have a tween dd and a 3 year old Disney dog.

We have already gotten an amazing discount on this year's vacation, so I am super grateful for that. Now hurry up and get here vacation!!!!

Greetings from a very cold place. They cancelled work today because of the ice and snow, so I'm just sitting here trying to pass the time.

Greetings from a very cold place. They cancelled work today because of the ice and snow, so I'm just sitting here trying to pass the time.

That sounds so crazy to someone from Maine where it's sunny but about 18 degrees. Although you could be in the mountains.....anything is possible it seems this winter. :thumbsup2

How cold?

I'll chime in with my story -
I'm Kari, married for almost nine years. We have two kids, 6 and 2. I am a registered nurse. Growing up, my parents took me and my sister to Disney almost every year. After I graduated From high school, the family vacations stopped. I didn't go again until after I graduated from college. DH proposed on that trip (2004). We went again before we got married (2005), and we went to Disneyland for our first anniversary (2006). Then we didnt go again until 2012. That was my first time staying on site and now I'm hooked! We went again in 2013, and have 2014 booked! Hoping to keep it an annual thing like my parents did for me.

How cold?
So cold...that I saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets. :rotfl2:

Just an update, so far all I've been able to see is mid-march as a drop for the next promo. As you also know, these things drop on Monday or Thursday.

Just to be clear, I don't have any insiders that tell me secrets. I base all of my information on my own research...combined with my knowledge of how things fit together. These have produced very good results in the past; however, I should point out that the information is getting more and more scarce. Disney has long said that they have a goal to seal up all the leaks, and it is surprising how much they have done so. I will continue to report on what I find.

Hi My name is Julie:wave2: I am a 32 year old Disney fanatic! I am married to my high school sweetheart and best friend! Together we have 2 Disney obsessed sons! I am currently in my last semester of nursing school (yay only 8 weeks left!:cool1:). I also have been working as a sleep technician for the past 9 years!

My Disney obsession started as a 3 year old visiting DL several times until I moved across the country. At 12 years old I went to WDW for the first time and I was amazed and in love! But I then hit those teenage years when you are too cool for everything. But my obsession could only lay dormant for so long! By the time I got married I had to go back! We decided to have a disneymoon! :bride: I have tried since then to go back to Disney every year since then! We have only missed one year since I spent most of it pregnant with our youngest son! He was 9 months old on his first trip! He is now 5 years old and going on his sixth trip this fall!

I try to check the boards once a day but that's on a busy day!Slower days Im on here A LOT more haha! Im obsessed with this board and saving money for Disney so Im pretty much at home here!

This looks like a friendly thread with knowledgeable folks. ;) Hopefully someone can help me...
I am an annual pass holder planning a trip 9/13/14 - 9/21/14. Anyone know how many days of park tickets I will be required to buy for my 9 night stay in order to get the free dining? It looks like Black heard rumors of a promotion coming out mid-March....would that be fall FD already?

By September, my family will be 3 Disney adults and 2 kids. Dining plan for 9 days would be almost $2000 for us! (Eeekk!) I think I can buy 2 day park tickets for half that. I know that's all you needed to purchase in the past to qualify, but I don't know if that's still how it works.

IF that's still how it works, would I be able to SAVE those tickets to use in a couple years? We will be coming off of 4 visits in a year (most for 10 days each)...we need to go somewhere else next year!

Thanks!

This looks like a friendly thread with knowledgeable folks. ;) Hopefully someone can help me...
I am an annual pass holder planning a trip 9/13/14 - 9/21/14. Anyone know how many days of park tickets I will be required to buy for my 9 night stay in order to get the free dining? It looks like Black heard rumors of a promotion coming out mid-March....would that be fall FD already?

By September, my family will be 3 Disney adults and 2 kids. Dining plan for 9 days would be almost $2000 for us! (Eeekk!) I think I can buy 2 day park tickets for half that. I know that's all you needed to purchase in the past to qualify, but I don't know if that's still how it works.

IF that's still how it works, would I be able to SAVE those tickets to use in a couple years? We will be coming off of 4 visits in a year (most for 10 days each)...we need to go somewhere else next year!

Thanks!

I saw nothing aside from mid-March being mentioned and it certainly would be early to do a free dining promo for September...especially since they haven't brought promos into August yet.

Unless they do something spectacular, the next round of promos should cover into August, and the September offer (free dining) should come down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter