Free Dining 2015

Hey guys, sorry if this question has already been asked - Do you think that I have missed the boat for free DDP for October 2014?

I know it's not being offered at the moment but is there any chance it will be offered again anytime soon?

We came last October and made use of the free DPP (I booked it 2 years in advance!) We were planning on going somewhere else for our honeymoon this October but I can't stay away from the place! :D I'm torn between holding out for the free dining or just stomaching the cost so we can get the reservations we want! :s

TIA for any advice!

Lauren :)

Hey guys, sorry if this question has already been asked - Do you think that I have missed the boat for free DDP for October 2014?

I know it's not being offered at the moment but is there any chance it will be offered again anytime soon?

We came last October and made use of the free DPP (I booked it 2 years in advance!) We were planning on going somewhere else for our honeymoon this October but I can't stay away from the place! :D I'm torn between holding out for the free dining or just stomaching the cost so we can get the reservations we want! :s

TIA for any advice!

Lauren :)

Fall Free Dining for the GP was not released until August 1st last year. I think in 2012 it was released in July so likely it will be months before anything for this October is released.

Free Dining Pins for fall starting going out last year on May 9th; my sister got one so I am sure on the date.

Ah lovely - might try waiting and leave it to fate if we manage to get the reservations we are after!

Sorry to be a novice, but what are the pins? Are they for vacation club members?

Free dining never coincides with FL RES 3 or 4 day tix, does it?

Free dining doesn't have anything to do with tickets - it's something you can get only if you purchase a full price package reservation including both room AND tickets. So even if you were able to buy a Florida resident special pass, you'd still have to buy at least 2 day park tickets with a package to get free dining. You could have the pass and use it, but then you'd still have to purchase extra tickets with the package.

PINS are personal identification numbers - usually you will get a mailing that has the code or number you must give to book the offer, and only the person to whom that code or number is assigned can use it, so if your friend gets one they can't give it to you. Used to be that you could call Disney and see if one was "attached" to your name.

Do you think that I have missed the boat for free DDP for October 2014?

Most likely if there is such a thing this year, it'll be offered to the general public sometime in July or after, not before.

You don't need to have free dining or a dining plan to make reservations. Just make sure you cancel the ones you decide you don't want, if you don't get the free dining later.

Ah lovely - I didn't realise you could just make dining reservations on their own! I will probably do that! Thank you! :)
How do you sign up to get the pins? Is it a mailing list you have to join?
Sorry for all the questions! :)

Ah lovely - I didn't realise you could just make dining reservations on their own! I will probably do that! Thank you! :)
How do you sign up to get the pins? Is it a mailing list you have to join?
Sorry for all the questions! :)

No one knows quite where pins come from:confused3 - my Travel Agent recommended signing up on every Disney mailing list possible (order the free Vacation Planning DVD, etc). I have seen an uptick in Disney mailings, so I am hoping I am doing something right. Everything seems random - though I'm sure they have some high-tech math wiz people with calculators figuring out just what demographics to send them to! :rotfl:

I also called less than a month ago and asked if there were any PIN codes assigned to my name - the girl was able to check quickly and was really sweet when she told me "no". She said that she couldn't promise anything, but the current promotion is set to expire soon (end of March/early April), so a new one should be coming out. (Fingers crossed for FD September!):yay:

FWIW, I agreed to do a research survey at DL on our last trip there, and have been getting PINs galore ever since. Of course they're DisneyLAND PINs rather than for the WORLD. I don't recall if I saw anyone doing these same types of surveys when we went to the World in '12.

Ah wonderful - I did do several surveys when I was at WDW last year so fingers crossed! I'm going to sign up to any disney mailing lists I can find too!!!

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll report back if anything works... :D

Lauren xx

Another early planner here, the DW and I are planning for November of next year, assuming everything works out with schedules. It looks like historically some sort of free dining has been offered in the past few years for most of November so here's hoping.

I'm another early planner. Would love to go this year but time off from work won't work this year. Originally planning October 2015, since the 2014 Free Dining Dates have been released, I am thinking of bumping into late September. Originally thinking of arriving Columbus Day Weekend so the kids only miss 4 days as opposed to 5 but I guess one more day won't make that much of a difference. Now my question is should I book the resort I am thinking of booking even though its excluded this year and then switch if it ends up being excluded. I have a Disney Visa so I am hoping for the Disney Visa early release around this time next year. I just will have my vacation booked so I can plan my ADR's 180+10.

We've just booked to go back in November 2015 with free dining 14 day ultimate ticket for the price of 7 days and $200 disney gift card .. Although this is from the UK.

Looking forward to the next 18 months of reading forums and plenty of time to save and plan

Has free dining ever been available the first few weeks of February??

I saw last year they offered Play/Stay/Dine. Free Dining would be even better!!

Has FD ever been offered in the summer months? We are planning one for summer 2015 but we are holding off for exact dates to see if we get a FD email or pin...

:cheer2:We are going to WDW November 10th to the 20th and I have already picked the dates for 2015....which just happens to be the same dates. As soon as there is any announcement for free dining....I'm in. My first trip was in 2010 at the age of 58, after years of dreaming. My husband I went back in 2011 and 2012. Can't wait for November to get here "but" always searching with the hopes that there will be "free dining" in 2015. So if anyone hears any rumors I would love to know.... I check this site everyday....lots of information. :cheer2:

Our vacation has changed so much it doesn't even represent the original idea I had in February! We are planning for an October 2015 trip with Free Dining but will move our dates if needed after they come out.
Originally we were going June 2015 with just us, then my in laws, then the in laws back out out, first it was Ft Wilderness then POP then POR, somewhere along the way we ended up with our friends at DVC OKW but found out there wouldn't be enough points (her sister used them all at Star Wars weekend) so now we are staying at CBR!
At first we were going to stay at POP but realized we would save money by booking CBR since we would not have to upgrade our FD.
Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope this all sticks!:cool1:

Hi all!!!! newbie here! Just wanted you guys to know that when I upgraded to a moderate for Aug 22 to 29,2015 I was offered free dining to my package. Seems like the cherry on top of the sundae to me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter