Free Dining 2015

mstout

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan a 2015 DW trip and have my four choices narrowed down but does anyone know if free dining is possible with any of these weeks? Has anyone been these times to know the pros/cons?
Jan 19-24, Feb 21-26, April 25-30 or Oct 17-22

The way things have been, the only possible dates you have that would *maybe* have free dining is October. There was a PIN for FD in Jan/Feb this year but no GP offer, and PINs are hard to come by and never guaranteed.

I'm planning an October 2015 trip as well. So glad to see I'm not the only crazy one planning this early! I'm crossing my fingers for FD when we go. We've been to WDW once, but it was planned for us by a friend. My question this time around is, if I book our room(s) in advance and then they promote FD after I've already booked the rooms, can I call and have them attach the FD to our trip? My head is spinning with everything that has to be done, but I'm so excited to get there!

I have been in october in 2006 and 2009, and jan in 2013 and had free dining each time. Yes I already had everything booked before free dining, and just had it applied to ressie when it came out

I'm planning an October 2015 trip as well. So glad to see I'm not the only crazy one planning this early! I'm crossing my fingers for FD when we go. We've been to WDW once, but it was planned for us by a friend. My question this time around is, if I book our room(s) in advance and then they promote FD after I've already booked the rooms, can I call and have them attach the FD to our trip? My head is spinning with everything that has to be done, but I'm so excited to get there!

So I'm not the only crazy one out there! I'm looking ahead to Nov 2015 and hoping a FD promo gets offered for that time. I will book my vacation about this time next year and then add the promo if it is offered for my dates. 2015 - seems so long....

I believe your January choice begins o Martin Luther King Day. Not only will it be busier, but I can't see them offering free dining during a traditionally busy time. That said, you never know with Disney.

I would guess October to be the least crowded. We are locals, and even we are surprised at the random busy days! The second half of April is blacked out for Select passes, which tells me they expect large crowds.

October was crazy busy while we were there last year. Doubt I'll be going again in October. Lots of schools that have gone to a balanced school year have a break, plus there is Food & Wine, and MNSSHP. It wasn't unbearable, but I've been in August and the crowds were half what they were in October.

I read second half of April 2015 would be great week since Easter and spring breaks are over.
We went April 2013 which also had an early Easter and spring breaks and it was awesome. And October 2011 was the best crowds ever had. Perfect.

As of now I'm planning April 11 2015. Hope it's a good one.
My youngest turns 3 April 20. So trying to squeeze a free one in there. Lol

Lol we are trying to do the same, Mar 29 will be our cutoff... a tight squeeze after DCL in October!

Budgetwise sending the $150 to put it off til April May be better,,, especially if we can get free dining!

October was crazy busy while we were there last year. Doubt I'll be going again in October. Lots of schools that have gone to a balanced school year have a break, plus there is Food & Wine, and MNSSHP. It wasn't unbearable, but I've been in August and the crowds were half what they were in October.

what were your dates?

what were your dates?
Oct 18-26 2013. It seemed like everyone from the state of Indiana was there. That's not a bad thing, just an observation. Also lots of big foreign tour groups, especially in EPCOT, that was a bad thing. Did I mention food & wine and MNSSHP?

No, you're definitely not crazy to plan this early! I am planning to go to WDW in Oct 2015 as well... thought we could make it this year but finances say otherwise. We finally have our credit card almost paid off so I'm under strict instructions NOT to charge for vacation... so it will take that long to save! That's OK, I know it will be worth it. My kids have not yet been to WDW.

I understand from reading these posts that FD can be added after the original booking has been made, but I'm wondering if 2 discounts can be applied to the same booking... for instance if I book with the 30% room discount could I then add the FD later if it became available? My gut tells me probably not, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

No, you're definitely not crazy to plan this early! I am planning to go to WDW in Oct 2015 as well... thought we could make it this year but finances say otherwise. We finally have our credit card almost paid off so I'm under strict instructions NOT to charge for vacation... so it will take that long to save! That's OK, I know it will be worth it. My kids have not yet been to WDW.

I understand from reading these posts that FD can be added after the original booking has been made, but I'm wondering if 2 discounts can be applied to the same booking... for instance if I book with the 30% room discount could I then add the FD later if it became available? My gut tells me probably not, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

No, you can't have 2 discounts. You would have to pick one or the other. You also may have to be flexible in changing resorts or room categories as offers aren't always equally available at all resorts.

If you have a room only reservation, you would have to cancel it and book a new package to get FD. If you already have a package, then your reservation can be modified to add the offer.

You can only have one discount per booking, so if 2 are offered, say free dining and room discount, you need to see which is best for you. BUT yes you can make changes to the reservation as new offers come out. Note that if what you have booked is not part of the offer, like a hotel you chose is not covered, you may have to change something to get the deal.

Free dining never coincides with FL RES 3 or 4 day tix, does it?

I'm not sure, but since you have to purchase a 2 day base ticket to qualify for free dining, it wouldn't matter about the fl 3/4 day tickets anyway, because that would be considered a downgrade. You'd have to upgrade to a higher priced ticket or FL AP.

No, you can't have 2 discounts. You would have to pick one or the other. You also may have to be flexible in changing resorts or room categories as offers aren't always equally available at all resorts. If you have a room only reservation, you would have to cancel it and book a new package to get FD. If you already have a package, then your reservation can be modified to add the offer.

I have read that if you have a room only, then you can add FD. I understand having to cancel it and change it if it is not offered for your particular resort, but if I stay in a resort that FD is offered, then I can just add the FD to my resort and ticket package. Am I not understanding that correctly? I also understand that if I have room only with a discount on the room, then I'd have to cancel and do a whole new reservation to do the room at rack rate and add the FD.

I have read that if you have a room only, then you can add FD. I understand having to cancel it and change it if it is not offered for your particular resort, but if I stay in a resort that FD is offered, then I can just add the FD to my resort and ticket package. Am I not understanding that correctly? I also understand that if I have room only with a discount on the room, then I'd have to cancel and do a whole new reservation to do the room at rack rate and add the FD.

If you have a room only reservation you'd be canceling and rebooking as a package to get FD since it requires 2 day tickets. In doing so, they take off a room discount. FD also requires a full price room. If you already have a package you can add FD to it pretty seamlessly pending availability. Having a room already booked doesn't mean it will be available with FD.

Hopefully that answers your question. It seemed like 2 of your questions were kind of the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter