Free dining 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Brittmarie04, Aug 21, 2013.

1. littlejewel

littlejewel Mouseketeer

Is the P/S/D offer a good deal in relation to FD or resort discount? I really didn't pay much attention to the offer last year as we had just returned, but I'm thinking we might go the end of January/beginning of Feb. and we love getting free dining! If the P/S/D offer is comparable, we may just be able to go!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Slade

Slade Earning My Ears

The new Disney promotion - Show Your Disney Side - launches Sept. 30, so that's when we can probably expect the 2014 discounts.

4. vacation_junkie

vacation_junkie Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Disney Visa offer will be out before then.

Yes, the new promo "Show your Disney Side" goes hand in hand with Disney Chase Visa's "Show your Disney Side" by customizing your own Disney Visa card advertisement.

[​IMG]

Full details on the new promo's were released at the Disney EarMarked Agency Conference that was held Sept 16-19th

5. dredick

dredick Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star

So If i want to book for 3/25-3/30 at CSR, how would I do it to get the P/S/D?

6. chiasson2002

chiasson2002 Disney fanatic

So do you think the offer will be available to disney Visa card holders before sept 30

7. MollyBelle09

MollyBelle09 Earning My Ears

If you're booking from 3/1-3/8, Disney honors your arrival night and gives the discount for the full stay, or am I wrong on that? It seems like I remember it being like that. Any idea?

8. ccjmjzh

ccjmjzh Mouseketeer

You are correct. As long as your arrival night is one of the included dates, the rest of the stay is grandfathered into the discount.

9. DISNEYCHICK77

DISNEYCHICK77 Earning My Ears

Is the stay/play and dine promo just for Canada, or is it for the U.S. also?

10. cjbcam

cjbcam DIS Veteran

We had free dining last March. We really want free dining again as that is the best deal for us. How come people are guessing there is only going to be the S/P/D and not the free dining again?

11. shannie1007

shannie1007 Earning My Ears

Does the chase Disney visa debit card get the early promo also or just the credit card?

12. AnnaNonamus

AnnaNonamus Mouseketeer

Free dining was not offered to the GP in 2013- the last time it was offered in the Spring was 2012. It's speculation based on this year's promos, and insider hints. It's possible FD will be offered to the GP, but Disney has been going much slower on FD, and offering different discounts in it's place.

You could still wind up with a pin code, though, which will allow you to get FD.

13. cjbcam

cjbcam DIS Veteran

How did we get it last march if it wasn't offered to the general public? It was our first time going and we never had a pin or anything. Unless it was an offer just to Canadians.

14. bwhitlatch81

bwhitlatch81 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the blackout dates are? We're going 3/29-4/3. I know it's spring break, but still crossing my fingers for a discount!

15. tybrilinja

tybrilinja Mouseketeer

Some good friends of ours went this last January and they had FD also. I called her and asked and she said they did. I wonder why some did and some didn't. She said they only went cuz of the FD. I'm so confused.

16. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Possible it was a Canada only offer as Dis does UK only offers because of how long the those folks stay after incurring the cost to cross the pond.

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

I just finished co-writing an article for an upcoming magazine on free dining in 2014. In a nutshell, I wouldn't look for free dining outside of September. If you visit in the next few weeks and get a free dining bounceback for next August-September, my advice is to book it...you can always make changes later.

I plan to discuss this more in the upcoming weeks, but many things are happening that are going to affect the types of discounts and promotions offered. September free dining was established for much different reasons than free dining during other parts of the year...and those reasons continue to exist for now.

As for January, stay/play/dine is your best bet. Stay tuned...

18. tybrilinja

tybrilinja Mouseketeer

We are a family of four and if I'm figuring this out right, we will be better off with the stay, play and dine deal anyway. We were going to get the Deluxe dining this time and if we go off the kids price, that's a HUGE difference. I might be wrong, but it looks good.

19. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Are you talking about stay play and dine vs the room discount? If so then yes you're probably correct.

You still have to pay the difference between the adult regular and deluxe plan, so keep that in mind.

20. queenbetsey

queenbetsey DIS Veteran

Which magazine is this in I would really like to read it. also any idea on when they will launch this promo? really want to book for jan but hubby says we need a great promo (air fare is just a killer any more not many discounts there unless you sign up for a credit card and I do not need any more of those:rolleyes:)

21. queenbetsey

queenbetsey DIS Veteran

:sad1:just got off the phone with Disney and they said no promos are available for Disney visa or general public and to her knowledge none were planned for the beginning of the year. wanted to go jan 4-11 or would even change to the 5th -12 if that is what it would take to shave off enough to make it affordable.
    oh well I guess we will just have to celebrate our anni here
    even called chase to see if they had any idea of card holder promos for that time. if they are planning anything they are very tight lipped about it and I am sure that by the time I hear about it the available rooms will be long gone. been a dis visa holder for a long time and have never received an email with any kind of promotional offer.