Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can help me out on this...we are booked to arrive and stay at POR on Oct 25th. We don't plan to check in till late in the day (not sure how long our dive is going to take us) and we will not be doing a park that day. Is there a way to do a split stay at the same resort? I hate to miss out on the free dining by literally hours. Thanks!

We did this in 2012 when we went. Booked 2 reservations and had them linked together. We checked in on sat for 2 nights and then on Monday -start of free dinning- checked out and checked back in for 7 nights to get free dinning. Wasn't hard at all and we got to stay in the same room so no packing and moving!!

Recommendations, now that all dates will be offered:
We were planning 9/24-10/1, but how would 11/12-11/19 be? Is it still hot enough to swim? How is the Nov weather? Will the Christmas decorations all be up? Yippee for FD!!!! :banana:

We have been to Disney in March, August, November and December. Nov/Dec are definitely our favorite :goodvibes We LOVE the decorations and we always swim and enjoy the outdoor activities. Our first choice will always be Nov/Dec but this year it doesnt work for my DGS school schedule so we are going in September. Not looking forward to the Florida heat (but we should be used to it with our 100+ degree summers in TX:rotfl:) 2015 we will be back in November!!!

Would the Disney Visa Debit Card be accepted as a Disney Visa when it comes to the free dining offer?

Disney Visa question....I have a Disney Visa but my parents (who are traveling with us) do not have a Disney Visa. We have two separate reservation #`s that are linked together. Can I apply the FD on their reservation using my Disney Visa when I call on Thursday?

YES MA'AM!!! :goodvibes
As long as they are associated with the reservation and linked, you can use your DV to pay the deposit for both of you!

Sorry if this has been asked already... Where will the disney visa offer be posted? Is there a specific site?

We have a disney visa, so we would be calling on Thursday, but I'm paranoid lol. So if they allocate some rooms for the visa holders and some for GP, if I could not get it on Thursday, do I try again on the GP release?

When I stayed last year on a FD promo this is how it went. I was sitting at work one night and thought.... I want to go to Disney...I went to the web site and found some dates that I liked, saw free dining was a deal they had, picked it and booked our room. This was probably in late June or early July, we went November 2nd. No problems at all getting a room. Remember this is a deal used to fill rooms, so hopefully there is enough to go around! So excited to sit on hold on Thursday..

The Summer promo just plain stinks. Again and as I posted earlier the same trip we took back in Aug-2011 is now costing us $1800 more. The room discount doesn't really save us anything since we book the ASMu family suite for the two bathrooms and extra space. When all is said and done, over $5k for a Value resort.

With all the talk of FD, it appears this promo won't be available to us in late August as in previous years. Disney is just not cost effective anymore and I can't see it getting any better with less and less affordable options.

Just venting, but still hoping......

:sad::sad::sad:

Spoerlx3 or Smitch what are the odds of anything being available in the moderates for the general release. I am really hoping for POR royal room but I keep reading about all the visa holders and I feel like there is no hope. Do you know in the past if they have all booked up before general release?

Checking on your check in date, there are still royal rooms available. Which is good. You are checking in before F&W, which is another good thing.
I also know that DV holders have a seperate block of rooms/certain amount of rooms allotted and once the DV early release is open to GP they normally open up more. So truly I think you are ok.
Just remember all 256 rooms in Oak Manor and all 256 rooms in Parterre Place are also Royal Guest rooms. That is over 500 Royal rooms.
By no means can I guarantee one will be available but If you call early, I think you will have a great shot on getting one :goodvibes

:tinker: pixie dust for you and for all my disboard friends that we all get exactly what we want!!!

Hi, I am new to dis boards. Very excited to be planning my daughters first trip to Disney world. I have learned about the free dining from this thread. I might need to scroll through all the pages to find this but I am a little overwhelmed right now. How would I go about booking our trip with free dining? I have a Disney Visa card already. Thanks for the help!!

Hi, I am new to dis boards. Very excited to be planning my daughters first trip to Disney world. I have learned about the free dining from this thread. I might need to scroll through all the pages to find this but I am a little overwhelmed right now. How would I go about booking our trip with free dining? I have a Disney Visa card already. Thanks for the help!!

:welcome:

You will just need to call Disney on May 1 to book. Phone lines open at 7am EST.

Call in when the line opens Thursday morning with card in hand and tell them you want free dining for Card holders. They will know about it and take care of you. Make sure you have enough room on the card to put down the deposit.

I have POR booked for Oct 19-23. Any chance of me still getting a pin code for free dining for those dates? Would pins have gone out already since it will be announced in a few days? Also didn't know if I could get a pin code since we are booked already.

I have POR booked for Oct 19-23. Any chance of me still getting a pin code for free dining for those dates? Would pins have gone out already since it will be announced in a few days? Also didn't know if I could get a pin code since we are booked already.

Praying for a pin code here as we check in on the 17th. I always get pins even though I'm already booked. Nothing has gone out for fall yet, so there is still some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter