Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a map early this year, saved dates, and now called checking on a pin. I checked under my name, my sisters name, and I'm setting up an account for my mom. I'm willing to try anything to get a pin. We have 12 people going. One families first trip and I want to be able to save them some money.

I hope you get one.

A CM once told me to they do not know how Disney decides to give PINS but her personal opinion was it does not hurt to call and have them price a vacation for you for when you are looking to go but then say thank you I will think about it. She said when they see you were interested but did not book they might send you something to entice you to go. Of course I said ok, please price me a vacation! She laughed and did it. I did just get a PIN a few weeks ago. Not for FD but it would see I am still getting them.

I guess it is luck of the draw but it would seem you certainly need to get yourself in the system for a chance and calling to price a vacation ordering maps or vacation planning cd will get your address in the system. Good Luck!pixiedust:

This is great!!

Our preferred dates are Sept 30 - Oct 9 but was thinking I'd have to wait until July/August for the release (and waiting isn't my strong suit).

Ok I have a delima. I know my family is definitely going to Disney and I want to get in on the front end if the free dining promo. Problem is my mother and MIL may also being going, but won't know for sure for a couple of months. Can I book the package now and add them later or should I book like they are going and drop them from the reservation later? If they go it will be 2 rooms if they don't it will be one. Aldo what info of theirs dill I need? Just name and bday?

Easy to Drop before deadline date not so easy to Add if availability is gone!

So my December dates fall within the projected FD dates that will be released on Thursday (hopefully). I have already booked and paid the deposit for this vacation where we will be staying at CSR. My original booking includes the dining plan. The question I have is do I need to worry about calling early Thursday to change over to FD? Since I already have a room looked in can't I just call at anytime and have the discount applied to my existing reservation? Thanks for the help!

mauk5 said:
Maybe someone can help me out on this...we are booked to arrive and stay at POR on Oct 25th. We don't plan to check in till late in the day (not sure how long our dive is going to take us) and we will not be doing a park that day. Is there a way to do a split stay at the same resort? I hate to miss out on the free dining by literally hours. Thanks!

Yes. We did this in 2012. We checked in the day before FD and had a 1 night reservation and then a 6 night Res. Under free dining. Just make sure you tell them you want to keep the same room. We didn't have a problem but the CM I booked with recommended that. Good luck!

Yes. We did this in 2012. We checked in the day before FD and had a 1 night reservation and then a 6 night Res. Under free dining. Just make sure you tell them you want to keep the same room. We didn't have a problem but the CM I booked with recommended that. Good luck!

Thanks so much! Were the reservations under the same name for both?

Has anyone ever stayed at a moderate but asked to have the QSDP instead of the regular plan? Will Disney let you do that? I know it sounds crazy since you're technically losing value, but the more I think about it the more I think we'd be better off with the QS plan and paying OOP for a few TS meals. But I was really looking forward to trying a mod this trip. Decisions decisions.

I have wondered about this too. Does anyone know??

Ok I have a delima. I know my family is definitely going to Disney and I want to get in on the front end if the free dining promo. Problem is my mother and MIL may also being going, but won't know for sure for a couple of months. Can I book the package now and add them later or should I book like they are going and drop them from the reservation later? If they go it will be 2 rooms if they don't it will be one. Aldo what info of theirs dill I need? Just name and bday?

Book 2 rooms now and cancel later. You may not be able to get the same deal or resort if you do not do them both at the same time.

I hope you get one.

A CM once told me to they do not know how Disney decides to give PINS but her personal opinion was it does not hurt to call and have them price a vacation for you for when you are looking to go but then say thank you I will think about it. She said when they see you were interested but did not book they might send you something to entice you to go. Of course I said ok, please price me a vacation! She laughed and did it. I did just get a PIN a few weeks ago. Not for FD but it would see I am still getting them.

I guess it is luck of the draw but it would seem you certainly need to get yourself in the system for a chance and calling to price a vacation ordering maps or vacation planning cd will get your address in the system. Good Luck!pixiedust:

I guess I'll be calling and pricing out a trip now.

If you stay at moderate and get the free dining plan, you can use a table service as a quick service. Obviously you aren't using it for the most value it could hold, but hey.. If that's how you want to roll.. Go with it!

I believe if you get the DDP with your mod resort, you can use your TS credits at CS, then you wouldn't have to pay out of pocket. Not the best use of TS credits but if it's free, use them where you please
:)

You beat me to it!!!!

So my December dates fall within the projected FD dates that will be released on Thursday (hopefully). I have already booked and paid the deposit for this vacation where we will be staying at CSR. My original booking includes the dining plan. The question I have is do I need to worry about calling early Thursday to change over to FD? Since I already have a room looked in can't I just call at anytime and have the discount applied to my existing reservation? Thanks for the help!

I would call asap. If the number of rooms allotted to free dining are gone they will not switch your reservation.

Trying to get free dining. So can I book 2 rooms for my family and a friend's family on one visa?

In the past, you could use your DV to book up to 3 rooms/ressies but the name on the card must be on all 3 reservations.
Last year when my daughter booked her trip, I was going to use my DV to pay her deposit and because I was not on the reservation, I was not able to use my DV.

Recommendations, now that all dates will be offered:
We were planning 9/24-10/1, but how would 11/12-11/19 be? Is it still hot enough to swim? How is the Nov weather? Will the Christmas decorations all be up? Yippee for FD!!!! :banana:

If you stay at moderate and get the free dining plan, you can use a table service as a quick service. Obviously you aren't using it for the most value it could hold, but hey.. If that's how you want to roll.. Go with it!
Duh, I knew that! I know it's not getting the most value out of the plan, but I like the flexibility of QS. It's "free" anyway, so I figure my sanity is worth a little loss in value. (And I'll save on tips too.)

If this is somewhere in the past few pages, I apologize, but do we have a sense of resorts? In the past POFQ has been able to be booked in September but not rest of the year. Same with the campgrounds. Black, Smitch? Any guess on this? (It is Smitch Black in here . . . I can't see a thing!). Sorry. Getting punchy. Need to get this FD promo booked so I can get some sleep!! :confused3

If this is somewhere in the past few pages, I apologize, but do we have a sense of resorts? In the past POFQ has been able to be booked in September but not rest of the year. Same with the campgrounds. Black, Smitch? Any guess on this? (It is Smitch Black in here . . . I can't see a thing!). Sorry. Getting punchy. Need to get this FD promo booked so I can get some sleep!! :confused3

me too donp!!!!

I did read that Black had updated the first post with all the info and that just the normal resorts are excluded, for now :thumbsup2

Recommendations, now that all dates will be offered:
We were planning 9/24-10/1, but how would 11/12-11/19 be? Is it still hot enough to swim? How is the Nov weather? Will the Christmas decorations all be up? Yippee for FD!!!! :banana:

I stayed those same Nov dates in 2012 and the weather was mid-70s all week, definitely ok for the pools. Keep in mind they're heated!!
BUT fall weather always has the possibility of being cool. We stayed 12/1-8 two years prior and it dropped to 40 degrees one night!

Decorations are up in MK then because of the Christmas party. Most resorts deck out in that week. Same with the other parks, to varying degrees. Osborne lights should be up at HS as well.

Disney Visa question....I have a Disney Visa but my parents (who are traveling with us) do not have a Disney Visa. We have two separate reservation #`s that are linked together. Can I apply the FD on their reservation using my Disney Visa when I call on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter