Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could paper my walls with all those maps :goodvibes Thanks for the tip, though.

I have never called to see if one is attached to my name, though. We were going every three years, then every two, and now we are down to every one!! Can't get enough of that Disney . . . :flower3:

Sending some Pixie Dust your way..You deserve a PIN I hope you get one or several some day!!pixiedust:pixiedust:::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

. This is what I was told as well. But it does seem like different CMs provide different information. I am really disappointed by these free dining dates. We check in on October 23rd so no free dining for us :(. Hoping they tweak the dates before they release them but I highly doubt it. Happy for those whose dates fall in the free dining special.

Us too:( we are looking at changing our trip now by a week. I have all my reservations already too.

So quick question, why would disney leave August 29/30 without free dining if the last promo ends August 28th? Its just 2 days! We may have to do a split reservation seeing as though we check in the 29th and we are fine with that, im just curious.

When booking free dinning with the Disney Visa card, do you have to pay for the whole package with the card or can you just put down the deposit and pay the rest with a different card?? Thanks

So quick question, why would disney leave August 29/30 without free dining if the last promo ends August 28th? Its just 2 days! We may have to do a split reservation seeing as though we check in the 29th and we are fine with that, im just curious.

Labor Day Weekend.

They probably have enough rooms already booked for those 2 dates, no need to offer it. Plus 29/30 are the beginning of Labor Day weekend.

Does anyone have an opinion as to November 1-10 versus November 9-18? We went last year during MNSSHP and food and Wine. It was fun but we are not in need of going again during that period. Is the November 9-18 more quiet being it is the transition between halloween and Christmas and Food and Wine is over?

Actually how long does Food and wine go? if these FD dates are correct just trying to decide between these two options. Any opinion would be appreciated.:goodvibes

So if all of the FD for the rest of the year is coming out Thursday for Visa holders......I think I better have the entire day free to sit on hold. Clearing my schedule now from 6:55 on :coffee:

Do you really think the day for Visa holders will be that bad??? I can only call between 7 and 8 and then I have to go to work!! I was hoping of get right through at 7, I didn't think THAT many people would be calling...

And when should I call, 6:55 or exactly 7?

Has anyone ever stayed at a moderate but asked to have the QSDP instead of the regular plan? Will Disney let you do that? I know it sounds crazy since you're technically losing value, but the more I think about it the more I think we'd be better off with the QS plan and paying OOP for a few TS meals. But I was really looking forward to trying a mod this trip. Decisions decisions.

Can you book reservations with the Free Dining promo online or do you have to call in?

Call in is 7am right, so if online works as well what time will the promo kick in?

Anyone with experience on either?

I haven't booked our reservations yet as I've been waiting for the November and December dates to come out for FD. If it's this Thursday it would be amazing!:banana:

What is up with December 12-23??? If FD is to fill rooms, why this super busy time? The 12th - 17/18th may be slightly slower but once the weekend hits it gets crazy!!!

This promotion should be available as soon as Thursday, May 1 for Disney Visa holders and Wednesday, May 7 for the general public.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Note: First post has been updated.

So excited I feel like its Christmas pixiedust::rotfl:
Thanks for the info!!

Have you ever gone on the website and customized maps for a trip? I suggested that a friend do this who never received a PIN. She did as I told her and a little under 2 months she received a PIN. They ask you what date you plan to go. Choose a date and when they see you have not booked by that date they sent me a Pin saying we see you are thinking about coming... how about a savory deal everyone can sink their teeth into.

I know some people say that when you always go they will not send you a PIN because they know they have you hooked. But all I can say it did work for my friend and for me. I had gone every 3-5 years so perhaps that had something to do with it but now with my daughter I plan on going much more often. Hope that doe snot stop the PINS from coming. I did just get one a couple weeks back but for travel up to June.

Have you ever tried to customize a map?

I ordered a map early this year, saved dates, and now called checking on a pin. I checked under my name, my sisters name, and I'm setting up an account for my mom. I'm willing to try anything to get a pin. We have 12 people going. One families first trip and I want to be able to save them some money.

Maybe someone can help me out on this...we are booked to arrive and stay at POR on Oct 25th. We don't plan to check in till late in the day (not sure how long our dive is going to take us) and we will not be doing a park that day. Is there a way to do a split stay at the same resort? I hate to miss out on the free dining by literally hours. Thanks!

Those were some of the meals we did last year with our young kids, and the character interaction was well worth it. They were too young to stand in very long lines to meet their friends. I’m planning on meeting the characters again this year by doing the same thing so we can use our FP+ for rides.

Yay! So good to hear it's worth it

You are soooo right! The best way to get characters signatures is at the character meals. You won't have to waist time standing in so many of the character meet 'n greet lines:thumbsup2

Thanks! more time for rides

I love the character meals for all of those reasons. Last year we saw 25 different characters at meals during a week and a couple of them more than once. You've got to eat anyways so it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone.

Wow, 25? That's awesome

Ok I have a delima. I know my family is definitely going to Disney and I want to get in on the front end if the free dining promo. Problem is my mother and MIL may also being going, but won't know for sure for a couple of months. Can I book the package now and add them later or should I book like they are going and drop them from the reservation later? If they go it will be 2 rooms if they don't it will be one. Aldo what info of theirs dill I need? Just name and bday?

donp said:
Minnie, I have never received a PIN in my life that I am aware of, and am subscribed to just about everything! I know that is a common plight, but I wish that the Big Dis would throw this fella' a bone!

Me either...I have irons in every Disney fire...maybe someday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter