Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked online and all are available for 5 on the same days (except for minor time changes on a couple) except for BOG!! It doesn't surprise me that BOG isn't available though. I'm hoping she can change the others to 5 and then we'll leave BOG at 4 and hope they can accommodate the extra person! If she emails me back again and tells me again to leave them all alone then I'll just call myself and change what I can! I know no trip is ever perfect but I want this trip to be as close to it as we can get. I'm nervous about the BOG reservation, as its a special request from my 5 year old. All she keeps taking about is eating in the beasts castle!

Well that sounds very encouraging. If BOG is the only one, keep as is and I am sure they will get all 5 in; if not, somebody could sit on somebody's lap or you could draw straws to see who has to wait in the Beast's dungeon or....kidding. Have fun!! I have one who will be almost 5 when we go and I know how important the BOG is to them!princess:

I just emailed the TA and asked if she could try and change what she can to 5 and if she can't then ill keep those ones at 4 and cross my fingers they don't give us a hard time. She said she has to cancel and rebook to get 5 people and can't just add on so I asked if there was any way to check availability for 5 before she cancels. I'm just worried something won't work out if we keep them all at 4.

I don't know your TA so I may be way wrong in saying this, but it sounds like she either doesn't really know what she's talking about here or she's just lazy & doesn't want to put forth the effort. She is right about BOG. Would not be likely to get that one again. When we called to make our ADRs in early March, the CM told us that BOG was already booked solid through the end of August.
I know you can call and request a change in the number of people in your party for your ADRs. My daughter & I have done that already with a few of ours - & we added more than just 1 person! You definitely do not need to cancel and rebook. As others have suggested, tell your TA to call and request adding a 5th person to your ADRs. She's working for you so should at least try here. If there are any that say that's not possible, don't cancel those. Just do an "oops - must have been some kind of mistake made - we have ressies for 5 for other restaurants" when you check in. Good luck.

I bet they will be very accommodating whatever way you decide to go. We went in December last year and had reservations all set up. Imagine my surprise to arrive at Chef Mickeys for Christmas Eve Dinner and have us somehow messed up the time of our reservation and be 45 minutes LATE. They reassured us it was no big deal and had us take a seat. We figured it would take forever.

Imagine our surprise when we were taken to a seat in only about 10 minutes time :)

So I looked at the Dis meets thread for Sep. Not many posts there. The few I saw were all for late Sep - early Oct. :/ Anyone here going to be at our happy place around Sep 12 - 21?

Update 2:
Leeanne - Sep 4 - 17
Joe (Black562) - Sep 6 - 14 (CSR - I think)
Rhody Red - Sep 7 - 17
Lazor460 - Sep 10 - 18
Susie (me - Sylkie31) - Sep 12 - 21 (POR)
Danielle (d23cndrela) - Sep 12 - 22 (POR)
Rach2109 - Sep 18 - 24 (POR)
want2bminnie - 20 - 24
amber cntrygrl - 20 - 28
Marsheliz - Sep 21 - 25
Mattressman - Sep 21 - 30
kcwiak - Sep 21 - Oct 1 (POFQ)
plutospalforever - Sep 22 - 28
ddeschon - Sep 22 - 29
MackenzieFL - Sep 22 - 29
mom18 - Sep 25 - Oct 6 ASMo

So I looked at the Dis meets thread for Sep. Not many posts there. The few I saw were all for late Sep - early Oct. :/ Anyone here going to be at our happy place around Sep 12 - 21?

Update 2:
Leeanne - Sep 4 - 17
Rhody Red - Sep 7 - 17
Lazor460 - Sep 10 - 18
Rach2109 - Sep 18 - 24
want2bminnie - 20 - 24
amber cntrygrl - 20 - 28
Marsheliz - Sep 21 - ?
ddeschon - Sep 22 - 29

No, going Sept 22-28.:wave2:

Update 2:
Leeanne - Sep 4 - 17
Rhody Red - Sep 7 - 17
Lazor460 - Sep 10 - 18
Rach2109 - Sep 18 - 24
want2bminnie - 20 - 24
amber cntrygrl - 20 - 28
Marsheliz - Sep 21 - ?
ddeschon - Sep 22 - 29

Gunna be at POR the same time as you! Sept 12-22.

~Danielle

Gunna be at POR the same time as you! Sept 12-22.

~Danielle

Woohoo! I'm flying down to FT Walton Beach on Sep 11, then riding w/ my daughter (Kimba2078 - she hasn't posted in awhile now - slacker! LOL) & her family on the 12th. Hoping to get there by mid-afternoon, get dinner in the food court & then chil-lax (my granddaughter's term) by the pool for awhile. My daughter & granddaughter both have red hair. If you see a pretty little 4-yr-old girl calling someone "Gana" - that's me (the lady being called Gana, not the pretty little girl).

Update:
Joe (Black562) - Sep 6 - 14
Rhody Red - Sep 7 - 17
Susie (me - Sylkie31) - Sep 12 - 21
Rach2109 - Sep 18 - 24
Marsheliz - Sep 21 - ?
ddeschon - sep 22 - 29

We are checking in sept. 25, checking out 10/6 at ASMo!!

Woohoo! I'm flying down to FT Walton Beach on Sep 11, then riding w/ my daughter (Kimba2078 - she hasn't posted in awhile now - slacker! LOL) & her family on the 12th. Hoping to get there by mid-afternoon, get dinner in the food court & then chil-lax (my granddaughter's term) by the pool for awhile. My daughter & granddaughter both have red hair. If you see a pretty little 4-yr-old girl calling someone "Gana" - that's me (the lady being called Gana, not the pretty little girl).

Nice Nice. Well be leaving Jersey on the 11th and driving down. We'll arrive sometime on Noon on Thursday. It'll be me, my mom (l2bartus-I think she has been slacking as well. lol), my Dad , and my Grandma we call Nan. I'll keep an eye out for you! And I'm sure you won't be able to miss us! We're 4 crazy Adults one with a wheel chair all decorated! We'll be by the pool as well and than having dinner at Boatwrights! Have a great trip and maybe we'll see you there! :wizard:

This is an excellent idea to use the Disney dollars for rewards between now and September! Where can I get them other than a park?

We do this as well but instead of getting true Disney dollars from the park I just made some out if card stock with my printer. You can find downloads online too. Then a week before our trip they counted how much they had and I went and bought gift cards for that amount. We use them for chores, rewards, etc.

Nice Nice. Well be leaving Jersey on the 11th and driving down. We'll arrive sometime on Noon on Thursday. It'll be me, my mom (l2bartus-I think she has been slacking as well. lol), my Dad , and my Grandma we call Nan. I'll keep an eye out for you! And I'm sure you won't be able to miss us! We're 4 crazy Adults one with a wheel chair all decorated! We'll be by the pool as well and than having dinner at Boatwrights! Have a great trip and maybe we'll see you there! :wizard:
Cool - hope to see you there. We're having dinner at Boatwright's on Sunday evening - didn't want to risk not arriving at POR in time on Thursday - hence the food court that evening.

We do this as well but instead of getting true Disney dollars from the park I just made some out if card stock with my printer. You can find downloads online too. Then a week before our trip they counted how much they had and I went and bought gift cards for that amount. We use them for chores, rewards, etc.

We are doing this exact same thing! I printed out "disney dollars" a month or so ago, and my 2 kids (ds7 & dd2) have the potential to earn up to $200 until about one week before we leave. I give them out as I see fit, I.e. chores, being kind, doing good deeds, etc. Then about one week before we leave I will count their disney dollars and put real money onto gift cards the can use at te parks for their own souvenirs.

So you guys think I should just leave the reservations as is? Or should I try to change them? I just don't want to loose any if my reservations if she tries to change them...especially BOG!

Highly doubtful you will get another BOG ADR at this point. You can do a search on the dining site and see if there is any availability at any of the places and times you already have, but I doubt there will be much.

I just emailed the TA and asked if she could try and change what she can to 5 and if she can't then ill keep those ones at 4 and cross my fingers they don't give us a hard time. She said she has to cancel and rebook to get 5 people and can't just add on so I asked if there was any way to check availability for 5 before she cancels. I'm just worried something won't work out if we keep them all at 4.

She's correct, you can't simply add a person to an ADR, you have to do a completely new reservation.

I made my most of my ADR's over the phone and I always told them 4 adults (2 are now Disney adults) 1 child and 1 infant. When I went online to check my ADR's they all said 6 adults! Being the paranoid freak that I am, I went ahead and changed them online. Moral of the story, CM's do make "mistakes" entering the info and I am sure CM's at the restaurants are used to hearing that and will happily accommodate the change in party size by one. Especially if you are going in Sept? There may be no to only minimal wait. We have gotten 15-20 mins early for ADR and they were ready to seat us then! No Worries!!!!

Actually that is another "glitch" in the new computer system - many people have reported that the ADRs show all adults when the reservations were made with children and adults noted. It's annoying, but it doesn't affect your ADRs one way or the other and the CMs don't really have control over it.

She's correct, you can't simply add a person, you have to dis completely new reservation.

Yeah, I tried to change a res and they automatically put up a message asking me if I was sure I wanted to cancel the other one... but the system held the old res until the new res was confirmed so it's worth a try.

BOG is probably going to be a tough one to get into... I tried to make a res pretty early-- it wasn't 180 days out but it had to be like 177 maybe. They were already booked on the 1 day we were planning to spend at the MK. Decided to just go for lunch instead, mainly we just want to see inside.

Do you have to let your TA do it or can you try to get it for yourself? Because if you keep randomly trying you might be able to get someone's cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter