Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be worse, my husband recorded Friends and Seinfeld over our wedding video about a month after we got married. That one still stings 17 years later!

No, I am not kidding :-)

I know what you mean! Our photographer gave us all our wedding pictures in a Ziploc bag inside of a walmart bag; which my DH accidentally threw away the one time he tried to surprise me and clean out the spare bedroom. I told him instead of ordering more (because the photographer wanted double what it cost the first go round) I wanted a do-over at Disney World....16 years later and still waiting for that but maybe one day :D

I never got a confirmation email after having the FD added on Tuesday...
should i be worried???

They said it could take up to 24 hours before you would get it. I added it Monday and by Tuesday still hadn't gotten it, so I called to check on it. The first CM had checked by mail only, even though she took my email address. Once the new CM checked the box for email, I got it about an hour later. So you may call and make sure if it is coming by mail or email.

Just got my confirmation email!!!! Holy cats did that Free Dining help! My remaining balance is down to $49!!! :cool1: Flights: check, MNSSHP tickets: check, Disney pacakge: ALMOST check!!!

p.s. Still see nothing on the website though :sad2:

This is my fist time staying at a Disney resort and booking through Disney what should i see on the website? It only says Port Orleans Riverside and the check in and check out dates. It says nothing about free dining or my tickets. My conformation email says FD and MYW.

This is my fist time staying at a Disney resort and booking through Disney what should i see on the website? It only says Port Orleans Riverside and the check in and check out dates. It says nothing about free dining or my tickets. My conformation email says FD and MYW.

Previously (yesterday) I was able to see my resort, my check in/check out dates, number of park tickets, dining plan and remaining balance. Disney said this is a known issue that people can't view them.

Edited to add: you should also see any ADRs you have made. Those are still there for me though, thankfully :)

I got free dining! Staying standard room at POFQ. It only took 20 minutes on the phone, not bad! I'm still kinda bummed that FD doesn't start until the 2nd. I had to add other night at Universal. We only get 5 full days it Disney. :sad2: Oh well should be fun seeing all the new stuff at Universal.

Finally made up my mind about the trip.. We are going to stay at CBR Sept 21-25th.. I hope I don't regret those beds but that pirate area just won me over.. I can hear the shrieks of laughter from my boys now.... :)

ADRs:
1900 Park Fair- Dinner on the arrival night
Askershus Lunch ( may end up changing this)
Ohana breakfast
Cape May breakfast

Not to freak anyone out... but like a bunch of others here I had called to update my existing reservation at 7 this morning. After the call I waited a little while and checked the site to see if my reservation showed the dining plan, which it hadn't yet. A little while later got my e-mail confirmation, and the reservation link showed the different package vouchers and such but no dining entitlements. Since I had gotten the e-mail I assumed that all was ok. So I watched and waited all day thinking that it would update soon, all the while getting more and more nervous... Just now I called and no the free dining was not added to my package!:faint:

Thankfully the CM on the phone was super nice and got it added and she said that there were a lot of computer issues this morning:confused3. So just a heads up to double check and make sure it's visible on your reservation and call if it's not. Now back to waiting for my newest e-mail confirmation...

The very best part is that I have footage of the brother I lost. He passed away somewhat unexpectedly 3 years ago due to complications from diabetes. Just when I had composed myself from the shock of the video being found, he popped up on the screen and I lost it again. :sad: One of my sister-in-law's (who was not present at the time of my wedding) messaged me on Facebook that night saying that she was so happy she could be there to see me get that video. It was very sweet. My family is my life. :goodvibes

Wow! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. That is truly a special story; better than anything on TV, or the movies, or you know what I mean.:upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3:

Not to freak anyone out... but like a bunch of others here I had called to update my existing reservation at 7 this morning. After the call I waited a little while and checked the site to see if my reservation showed the dining plan, which it hadn't yet. A little while later got my e-mail confirmation, and the reservation link showed the different package vouchers and such but no dining entitlements. Since I had gotten the e-mail I assumed that all was ok. So I watched and waited all day thinking that it would update soon, all the while getting more and more nervous... Just now I called and no the free dining was not added to my package!:faint:

Thankfully the CM on the phone was super nice and got it added and she said that there were a lot of computer issues this morning:confused3. So just a heads up to double check and make sure it's visible on your reservation and call if it's not. Now back to waiting for my newest e-mail confirmation...

While the CM was working on my reservation this morning we were talking about the computer problems including how slow the new site is and also their system and she said a lot of glitches due to getting everything setup for the MagicBands but will be well worth it once done.

It appears so....how did that one get by me?

Here's what seems to be included in the MYW pkg (w/"plus" dining -- this was a new term for me when the CM kept saying it. Was afraid he was upgrading me to Deluxe!)

DISNEYQUEST(R) Admission 2 per room
MINIATURE GOLF Admission 2 per room

Arcade Card 100 pts, 1 per room
Guided Fishing discount offer

CHILD ACTIVITY CTR DISC OFFER
WDW MARINAS DISC OFFER VCHR

PLANET HOLLYWOOD SOUVENIR VCHR, 1 per room
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR, 1 per room

SAMMY DUVALL DISC OFFER VCHR, 1 PER ROOM
SPA DISCOUNT OFFER VOUCHER, 1 PER ROOM

SPLITSVILLE FB DISC OFFER VCHR, 1 PER ROOM
SPLITSVILLE MERCH DISC OFFER 1 PER ROOM

Dining Plus is:
RESORT REFILLABLE DRINK MUG
1 PER PERSON

TABLE SERVICE MEALS
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

QUICK SERVICE MEALS
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

ONE SNACK
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

Is that only for the Full DP not QSDP? We are thinking about upgrading depending on price of plane tickets. I'm having a hard time find cheap tickets at the best times at the moment.

Here's what seems to be included in the MYW pkg (w/"plus" dining -- this was a new term for me when the CM kept saying it. Was afraid he was upgrading me to Deluxe!)

DISNEYQUEST(R) Admission 2 per room
MINIATURE GOLF Admission 2 per room

Arcade Card 100 pts, 1 per room
Guided Fishing discount offer

CHILD ACTIVITY CTR DISC OFFER
WDW MARINAS DISC OFFER VCHR

PLANET HOLLYWOOD SOUVENIR VCHR, 1 per room
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR, 1 per room

SAMMY DUVALL DISC OFFER VCHR, 1 PER ROOM
SPA DISCOUNT OFFER VOUCHER, 1 PER ROOM

SPLITSVILLE FB DISC OFFER VCHR, 1 PER ROOM
SPLITSVILLE MERCH DISC OFFER 1 PER ROOM

Dining Plus is:
RESORT REFILLABLE DRINK MUG
1 PER PERSON

TABLE SERVICE MEALS
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

QUICK SERVICE MEALS
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

ONE SNACK
1 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT

Two mini golf tickets eh. I always forget about that. I need to give that a try sometime. It looks really cute.

Is that only for the Full DP not QSDP? We are thinking about upgrading depending on price of plane tickets. I'm having a hard time find cheap tickets at the best times at the moment.

Are you asking about the package components?
They will be the same no matter whether you get dining or not, or which level of dining. I think the mug is for dining only. Not sure all levels.

ETA: Here's a detailed explanation of the QS pkg from Disney's site. Includes mug.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2013/quick-serve-dining/

I thought the exact same thing when I was told I had the plus dining. They can't keep changing all these terms, I am already confused enough.:p

I just rang mine is there but still no e mail. they assured me it would take 24 hours

After 6+ hours on hold my TA finally got through!! Was able to book POR garden view room with free dining 9/18-9/24!

Congrats, so glad you were able to get the free dining discount. Those are our trip dates too. Hope you have a great time!

It USUALLY is.....We've had it 3 Novembers in a row!!! Here's hoping the trend continues,even if the dates are tighter!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust::goodvibes

I thought the exact same thing when I was told I had the plus dining. They can't keep changing all these terms, I am already confused enough.:p

You see for us "old timers"...those who have had free dining since the good ol' days in '05...the "Plus Dining Plan" is THE Dining Plan.
It's not PLUS anything.
To make the QS plan, they took AWAY stuff from the dining plan.
For Deluxe, the ADDED stuff.
I guess they had to add a designation so that the "dining plan" didn't end up like ordering a Coke in the south, and then having to explain what kind of Coke you want...Mountain Dew...Root Beer...Diet Pepsi.

And while I'm waxing nostalgic...I remember that first year of free dining, when we stayed at a value, and got the regular dining plan for free....INCLUDING tips...and were able to order appetizers for our TS meals. Those were the days.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter