Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who had ZERO wait time? The "your call may be monitored" message barely ended and I had a CM immediately. However, I'm also a loser who adjusted her whole getting ready for work routine so I could call at exactly 7:00 lol

Thank you we haven't really considered the All Stars because we heard the buses are slow, what is your take on that?

We had no problems at AsSp. If buses are your main concern, book sports. Sometimes the buses pick up all three all stars, sometimes not. But sports is the first one if they do.

Kind of worried about POR being sold out before thurs for us poor non DV holders lol!
What are the odds that they will still have availability? Seems like its in high demand- and w a party of 5 it's our only reasonably priced option!

Kind of worried about POR being sold out before thurs for us poor non DV holders lol!
What are the odds that they will still have availability? Seems like its in high demand- and w a party of 5 it's our only reasonably priced option!

They usually have rooms, might not be the category you want. People change their ressies around, so if you don't get the resort or room category you want, call back another time and ask if any opened up. They sometimes do!

Am I the only one who had ZERO wait time? The "your call may be monitored" message barely ended and I had a CM immediately. However, I'm also a loser who adjusted her whole getting ready for work routine so I could call at exactly 7:00 lol

That doesn't mean you're a loser, that just means you are smart and saving a boatload of money. :)

So happy to hear all of the FD success stories this morning! But it is KILLING me having to wait until Thursday to book!!!! LOL!!!

Called this morning, waited MAYBE 10 mins and had the free dining applied to our Sept 12-17 reservation at POFQ. I love a good discount.

Not using the Free Dining discount - we just returned from this years trip last week, but I just love watching everyone get their discounts and save money!!! :dance3:

Same here, no wait at all and I was off the phone in about two minutes. I'm so happy that I was able to keep my POFQ standard view room. :dance3:

Was hoping for AOA LM. Oh well. Will book As Movies preferred and ask for Toy Story for my DS. I love the AS Movies. Never had much of an issue with bus service.

Don't worry, they hold rooms back for the public dates, so you'll be fine.

Amazingly fast hold times this year. I don't think it's going to be crowded at all come September. Usually hold times are more than an hour, this has been quite easy.

We are already booked for the LM room, but we are now going to have to go with a backup option since it is not available so we are looking at POP and doing an upgrade on dining. Can't do anything till Thursday though. So fingers crossed. Our second backup would be CSR, but I'm not sure about the distance walking and time to wait for the buses. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My husband has a disability and walking all day in the parks and then a long walk to the room is a lot. We stayed in the 80's building last time at POP so if I could get an approximation of distance using that as a reference that would be great. Thanks again for the help.

Just a thought--the moderates (except for French Quarter) all have bus stops throughout the resort, so it may be easier to get them to put you in a room closer to a bus stop since there are more to chose from; unlike the value that just have the one bus stop. We've stayed at both levels several times and the lines for the value buses was always longer it seemed. We've stayed at all the moderates except CBR and French Quarter was the shortest lines, CSR were the longest, but it's such a huge resort with the convention center so that's probably why. Make sure they know you need one close to the stops for disability reasons and they should be able to help you out. :wave2:

We are already booked for the LM room, but we are now going to have to go with a backup option since it is not available so we are looking at POP and doing an upgrade on dining. Can't do anything till Thursday though. So fingers crossed. Our second backup would be CSR, but I'm not sure about the distance walking and time to wait for the buses. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My husband has a disability and walking all day in the parks and then a long walk to the room is a lot. We stayed in the 80's building last time at POP so if I could get an approximation of distance using that as a reference that would be great. Thanks again for the help.

The buses at CSR are great. We always request the farther rooms (Ranchos) and the walk to the main building is around 10-12 minutes one way. While is great for us for somebody else could be a burden. But you always can book a preferred room in Casitas the walking distance is around 1-2 minutes to the food court and lobby and same thing to the stop #2.

I had zero wait time the first time I called. Unfortunately, I got a CM who said that there was no free dining, and I didn't know enough to insist that she check again! I had to call back three more times (two were my fault...dang Verizon cell service), but I finally got a CM who knew the deal, and I just got my confirmation email to prove it.

Just added FD to my ressie! It didn't save us much, only $139, but a savings is a savings. We had originally booked with a 30% off pin so that's why the savings wasn't huge when I switched to FD. Excited though! 5 trips in a row all with FD!!!!:cheer2::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter