France: Esprit de France Meets Thread

Oops! I messed up on the dates a little. We are doing the July 27 - August 3rd 2013 trip. We added one pre night on July 26th. Now my dates make sense :)
I kinda figured that's what happened, but I wanted to be sure. :) I've added you to the roll call on the first post. Looks like you'll be traveling with MNDISFAN13's family!

Sayhello

Oops! I messed up on the dates a little. We are doing the July 27 - August 3rd 2013 trip. We added one pre night on July 26th. Now my dates make sense :)

We are excited to hear you are on the same trip. We have a daughter (14) and son (11).

We received our trip materials today! We are getting really excited now!
Looking forward to meeting you too! We got our materials and love the new foldable backpacks. We are doing one pre day. We are from from Fort Smith, Arkansas :)

Looking forward to meeting you too! We got our materials and love the new foldable backpacks. We are doing one pre day. We are from from Fort Smith, Arkansas :)

We are from Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are doing two post days at Disneyland Paris. We figured we couldn't pass up the chance to see the parks when we are going to be that close. I am hoping there might be others on this board who have been to the parks and can give us advice on the best way to plan our days. I am an expert at WDW park planning but don't have the slightest idea how to start planning for this visit.

asmith1113 said:
Thanks in advance! Just a few things have come to mind already that are general... I asked ABD via email while I was tied up at work today, but hoping that they can ensure non-smoking hotel rooms. I'm sure they will answer that one, but if any experience with that not being the case, would like to know. My son and I are both very impacted by smoke and I believe it's true that smoking is not as restricted in Europe...I could be wrong though... What time do you normally get going in the morning? I know it probably varies, but is it normal to have to get up at 6:00 a.m. or earlier? I have a teenager, who is happy about the trip, but not fond of waking early so want to set the expectation... Does anyone do laundry while on the trip; it turns out at least one of us needs something washed in a week long trip. Not critical, but used to that being available and thinking it might not be the case. Do people usually go early or stay late; what do folks think about what's better. I'm thinking of coming at least a day early, but thinking I will know the lay of the land a lot better afterward, so that might be better. One more, and that's do men usually bring jackets for dinner?

Smoking in France is prohibited within enclosed public spaces and it is VERY unlikely that you will have smoking rooms !! They basically should not exist...

I have stayed in many hotel rooms all over Europe and have never smelled any residual smoke odors. Even in Eastern Europe in door smoking is non existent . I think the stereotype of chain smoking Euros is quickly going away. Always a good idea to come in a day or two early. Wildcat strikes are still "a way of life" in some aspects of transportation though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter