FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so lost trying to keep up with all the info on this FP+
we havent been to Disney World since 2008 so i am sure a lot has changed since then... but we didnt really do fast passes even then. We went in April (spring break) and had NO problems waiting in line for things..in fact i think our longest wait was only something like 40mins.. has Disney become so crowded
since "08 that this FP is needed??

I mean our trip this time is a whole other animal our family of 3 is now traveling with my sisters family of 6. The kids ages are 1,2,5,7,8 so most are too young to ride any of the "big" things (the 8YO is 53" so she prob is but is scared of big rides).....

is this FP+ something i should really worry about, look into and keep my eye on for our trip (march 1st)?????

I think all those people who go to the DisneyWorld website to book their trip, or even just their tickets, are going to be prompted to create a profile for this super new way to add magic to their trip. If they don't know what to do, the website will schedule FP+ for them. Now they don't have to go looking for a fastpass kiosk and figure out how to use it. They just show up with their wristband and walk past the long line. How cool is that?!? Disney just made FP that much easier for them.

So i did actually make a profile and link our reservation numbers and each day there are "times" for things ...
i thought those were suggestions. Are you saying it might be we have "FP+" already for those.. I need to log back in and look closer......

So i did actually make a profile and link our reservation numbers and each day there are "times" for things ...
i thought those were suggestions. Are you saying it might be we have "FP+" already for those.. I need to log back in and look closer......

No, I don't think the system is just going to give you FP+ if you don't do anything.

There WILL be an option for people who don't want to choose, but want the system to pick for them based on their preferences...a "quick pick" of sorts.

And you STILL won't find anything FP+ associated with your reservations. This is NOT LIVE yet.

Kaylasmomma said:
I am so lost trying to keep up with all the info on this FP+
we havent been to Disney World since 2008 so i am sure a lot has changed since then... but we didnt really do fast passes even then. We went in April (spring break) and had NO problems waiting in line for things..in fact i think our longest wait was only something like 40mins.. has Disney become so crowded
since "08 that this FP is needed??

I mean our trip this time is a whole other animal our family of 3 is now traveling with my sisters family of 6. The kids ages are 1,2,5,7,8 so most are too young to ride any of the "big" things (the 8YO is 53" so she prob is but is scared of big rides).....

is this FP+ something i should really worry about, look into and keep my eye on for our trip (march 1st)?????

It is busier than 2008. But not insanely so. Many people here compare Disney now to the short few years after the WTC crashed on 9/11 and people stopped travelling. thats when free dining came on board. WDW was dead. The changed their model and started discounting things and advertising like crazy. They not only got their customers back, they attracted new customers. But it really isn't that much different crowd wise from 2008. The quiet times are just not as quiet. You shouldn't worry. We went in August this year. And we are a party of 11 with kids from 4-15. We used FP for the bigs rides and many things were under a 10 minute wait. It's just like always. If you get to DHS at rope drop and immediately go ride TSM you will be fine.

On here we are Disney experts. Most often we know more than 95% of Disney employees. And we obsess.

You will have a fantastic time. If FP+ is available then (I assume it will be) you can read the instructions on the map and make use of it. If not, you can still use regular FP. Or not use any at all. You will have so much fun being there with kids and any of those three choices will be totally fine.

Ok, you did. But do you not think that out of 17,000,000 visitors to the MK each year, that Disney might be able to sell quite a bit more if 60% of them are given just 30 more minutes to shop each day? I do.

Perhaps, but it still leads me to the last part of my statement:

Shoppers are going to shop and non-shoppers won't (no matter how much time you give them).

Believe, me I am not naive enough to think that the sole reason they are doing this is to for people just to shop more. I am sure it added into the equation. But I would hate for them to be naive enough to think that everyone automatically will shop more/spend more just because they have more time.

For us, we will take the extra time and simply head back to the resort and spend time at the pool (and thus spend nothing additional) since I will not spend my afternoons in 60 minute + standby lines once my 3 FP's are gone.

Limit it as much as it is feared it will be someday, and we will take all our "extra" time as well as our vacation $$$ to a completely different destination.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV

It is busier than 2008. But not insanely so. Many people here compare Disney now to the short few years after the WTC crashed on 9/11 and people stopped travelling. thats when free dining came on board. WDW was dead. The changed their model and started discounting things and advertising like crazy. They not only got their customers back, they attracted new customers. But it really isn't that much different crowd wise from 2008. The quiet times are just not as quiet. You shouldn't worry. We went in August this year. And we are a party of 11 with kids from 4-15. We used FP for the bigs rides and many things were under a 10 minute wait. It's just like always. If you get to DHS at rope drop and immediately go ride TSM you will be fine.

On here we are Disney experts. Most often we know more than 95% of Disney employees. And we obsess.

You will have a fantastic time. If FP+ is available then (I assume it will be) you can read the instructions on the map and make use of it. If not, you can still use regular FP. Or not use any at all. You will have so much fun being there with kids and any of those three choices will be totally fine.

There will really only be a "handful" of big rides we do anyway.. i think
The only one I am concerned about right now is the Safari at AK b/c we have ADR at tusker house the day we visit there so that will put us into the park after people have arrived..in this case FP+ would be awesome.
If it hasnt rolled out yet could we still go to a kiosk at AK when we arrive and get regular FP for that .. for after we dine????

and what is TSM at the studios.. ???

Perhaps, but it still leads me to the last part of my statement:

Shoppers are going to shop and non-shoppers won't (no matter how much time you give them).

Believe, me I am not naive enough to think that the sole reason they are doing this is to for people just to shop more. I am sure it added into the equation. But I would hate for them to be naive enough to think that everyone automatically will shop more/spend more just because they have more time.

For us, we will take the extra time and simply head back to the resort and spend time at the pool (and thus spend nothing additional) since I will not spend my afternoons in 60 minute + standby lines once my 3 FP's are gone.

Limit it as much as it is feared it will be someday, and we will take all our "extra" time as well as our vacation $$$ to a completely different destination.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV

Same here, 20 minutes is the maximum I would ever wait for a ride. If the new system causes me to have to wait longer than that to do the rides I want, then I'll leave the park.

I have 5 kids. 5 kids who love attractions... NOT shopping. I have to believe that Disney knows their guests, and a lot of their guests are kids. Surely they're smart enough to realize that kids don't want to go to an amazing theme park to shop... especially 13-year-old boys, and 1-year-old boys (both of which I have).

We're going at the end of May, and this trip will be a litmus test. If FP+ facilitates our enjoyment of all our favorite attractions, Disney will continue to get our money through resort fees, food, and tickets. If not, we'll have to find somewhere else to vacation. And I'm not saying that with a threatening tone - what we spend on our trips is a microscopic drop in the bucket for Disney - it's just the sad reality for our family.

Yes. I've walked over to safari many a time from Tusker House. I just pop out once we've met all the characters and grab our fps. They are very close. Then you all pay, finish your coffee, pack up, use the potty, etc and it'll be time to ride. Or u can grab fp right after breakfast and do the animal trail that is right there while you wait.

And like you said, fp+ would be even better for you.

Toy Story Mania is TSM. It the hardest ride to skip lines for in all of wdw. If you don't get there 15 min before rope drop or have a fp or fp+ you are looking at 70 minutes even in slow time periods. And it's fun for all ages so everyone wants to do it.

I thought of an analogy for why we are all panicking but you shouldn't.

It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it.

When we went to Disneyland this year I read an read on here and micechat all the tips. But when I got there I realized EVERYONE knew the tips. So all my studying had done had brought me up to par with the other guests. I didn't have a cheat sheet. I think that is the goal here.

So don't worry at all. You know more than most and they are making it less important to know a lot. So in all ways you will be better off than in 2008.

My family, on the other hand, collected 106 fast passes one day 3 years ago, then napped and came back and used them all late from 8-10 pm and then stayed for evening emh. We did all of mk that day. Many things 3-4 times. It was fantastic.

Enforced fp return times already changed that in August. It was a hard adjustment.

But really, there was no need for us to have the best time on earth with no waits for any rides while everyone else waited forever. But who doesn't love being teachers pet?

I have 5 kids. 5 kids who love attractions... NOT shopping. I have to believe that Disney knows their guests, and a lot of their guests are kids. Surely they're smart enough to realize that kids don't want to go to an amazing theme park to shop... especially 13-year-old boys, and 1-year-old boys (both of which I have).

We're going at the end of May, and this trip will be a litmus test. If FP+ facilitates our enjoyment of all our favorite attractions, Disney will continue to get our money through resort fees, food, and tickets. If not, we'll have to find somewhere else to vacation. And I'm not saying that with a threatening tone - what we spend on our trips is a microscopic drop in the bucket for Disney - it's just the sad reality for our family.

That is why they put shops at the end of many attractions, because they know some people won't go to DTD or MouseGears or the Emporium. So they bring the shopping to you. ;)

Yes. I've walked over to safari many a time from Tusker House. I just pop out once we've met all the characters and grab our fps. They are very close. Then you all pay, finish your coffee, pack up, use the potty, etc and it'll be time to ride. Or u can grab fp right after breakfast and do the animal trail that is right there while you wait.

And like you said, fp+ would be even better for you.

Toy Story Mania is TSM. It the hardest ride to skip lines for in all of wdw. If you don't get there 15 min before rope drop or have a fp or fp+ you are looking at 70 minutes even in slow time periods. And it's fun for all ages so everyone wants to do it.

I thought of an analogy for why we are all panicking but you shouldn't.

It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it. When we went to Disneyland this year I read an read on here and micechat all the tips. But when I got there I realized EVERYONE knew the tips. So all my studying had done had brought me up to par with the other guests. I didn't have a cheat sheet. I think that is the goal here.

So don't worry at all. You know more than most and they are making it less important to know a lot. So in all ways you will be better off than in 2008.

My family, on the other hand, collected 106 fast passes one day 3 years ago, then napped and came back and used them all late from 8-10 pm and then stayed for evening emh. We did all of mk that day. Many things 3-4 times. It was fantastic.

Enforced fp return times already changed that in August. It was a hard adjustment.

But really, there was no need for us to have the best time on earth with no waits for any rides while everyone else waited forever. But who doesn't love being teachers pet?

:thumbsup2 Love this:rotfl:

estherhead said:
It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it.

I would modify your analogy a bit:

It's like we Disboarders have studied for the test for years. And now the teacher has decided to give us the same grade no matter our effort. So we don't like it.

;)

mesaboy2 said:

It's like we Disboarders have studied for the test for years. And now the teacher has decided to give us the same grade no matter our effort. So we don't like it.

;)

I actually pondered that analogy. Cause it's not like we don't put effort in. But I put all that effort into DL and it didn't help me. This way if you are a studier you still can get a better grade. But it's not automatic.

For example, we studiers will know to not take what automatically pops up. And to never take a ressie time for 9:30 am since there won't be lines then anyway. And to get on at exactly 60 days of we want TSM at the exact day and time we want it.

I also was pondering the post about shoppers shopping and those that don't not suddenly doing it because they have more time.

I'm not a shopper. And my magic+ is not going to change that. But I have already given wdw an extra %. Because I'm concerned about having to take it easier and swim more, I'm going to buy 10 day tkts instead of 8 (we were already staying 9 nights). This means I'll be in parks an extra 2 days. Now I'll be in the parks less time, but still. 2 more days surely means I'll spend a bit more money in wdw. And if I have to wear it 10 days, I'm willing to buy a bracelet that fits and I like. It benefits their pocketbook. And it benefits me as my wdw vacation will be more relaxing. So I'll give them more money and leave happier. Without any shopping (except a bracelet if I hate the normal one).

;)

Studied? Really? Bad analogy when most claim that the "teachers" told them the answer to the FP "test". And you wouldnt have liked it either back then if everyone knew the answers you were told.

We enjoy the shopping part as much as the riding part.. but we reserve that for going to DD not in the actual parks so saving me time with the FP+ will not make me want to shop in the park..if that is the goal :lmao:

So disney hopes I spend 15-20% more while I'm in the parks, because I would not have to pull out my CC or cash...

Boy are they wrong.... For people like me who do plan down to what ride to ride.. Did They really think I haven't planned exactly what We want to buy!?!?

The thing every parents hates is having their kids whine and scream about a toy in the store.. So the avoid that we set out rules about what they can have
Per person- 1 hat, 1 pin, 1 plush toy.... And one photo book for mom...
That is it... Works great! And with ADRs we know exactly how much we are spending on food..
So explain how I'm going to spend 15-20% more b/c of a magicband?

This 15-20$ was based on increase of sales with a similar band in a waterpark (where without the band your cash is in a locker not with you) I wouldnt expect it to have the same impact at Disney, although some guests will feel like they arent apending esp if you send it back to your room too and therefore spend more....What I dont like is the spend limit is based on the level of your resort-just because I booked a value resort doesnt mean I dont have the same money as someone staying in a deluxe we all choose to use our money differently

We enjoy the shopping part as much as the riding part.. but we reserve that for going to DD not in the actual parks so saving me time with the FP+ will not make me want to shop in the park..if that is the goal :lmao:

You didn't get the memo? You're supposed to be shopping in BOTH places. Clearly they have some work to do with you! :rotfl:

That is why they put shops at the end of many attractions, because they know some people won't go to DTD or MouseGears or the Emporium. So they bring the shopping to you. ;)

Maybe one of the new FP+ perks will be bringing the food to me as well... Dole Whips while we wait in Splash's unending standby line? Now that's something my 13-year-old could get down with. ;)

mummabear said:
What I dont like is the spend limit is based on the level of your resort-just because I booked a value resort doesnt mean I dont have the same money as someone staying in a deluxe we all choose to use our money differently

I agree... We have the money to stay at the deluxe hotels, however I have two young kids that LOVE the values b/c it's not like any other hotel they have ever been to..
And when we go to disney, we like to have it all around us..
Also the feeling you get when you arrive at the value I think is better...
For some reason when you arrive at the higher mod/deluxe resorts you still feel so far away.. Our DD even had to asked us " mom when are we getting to WDW"
Nothing says you have arrived like walking through the doors and seeing a giant buzz or pongo
And my DH looks at it like this " we are never in our room, why would we pay more to stay in a room that we are only in to sleep! "

I'm still not sold on The idea that the bands are going to increase profit.. I think it would push people to the other parks.. All our FP+ are in the late afternoon, so lets to universal! No need to be at HS at RD for toy story... I also think this will push people away from the resorts..
With the decrease in EMH, and no perk in FP+ for staying at the resorts.. Why would people NEED to stay there..
Also rumor no FD... Disney you are pushing guest to non- disney resorts!!!

Maybe one of the new FP+ perks will be bringing the food to me as well... Dole Whips while we wait in Splash's unending standby line? Now that's something my 13-year-old could get down with. ;)

Now maybe not dole whip but I have often found myself in a long line wishing I could buy a drink or snack and wondering why the dont have people like at the baseball or at seaworld before the shows going through the line selling a small assortment-then at DL this year they were hooray! Fingers crossed this has or will be introduced at WDW. Another way that Disney makes me spend more money but in a way that is making my experience as a guest better

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter