FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Disney has specifically stated that it is based on your ticket, not where you stay, that gives you access.

The plan is that if you have you ticket in hand, you will be able to register the ticket ID with your profile, and be able to book advanced FP+. What limitations there will be beyond 60 days remains to be seen. This feature also isn't available yet and probably won't be for a while since they haven't really gotten any of it to work yet...

Those at a disadvantage will likely be those who wait to buy their tickets on site, or at least less than 60 days before their visit.

you answered the question I was about to ask ... thank you so much!

I know that's a joke. But seriously. Can you imagine being behind a few groups all trying to agree on what to do when? :faint:

The old fastpass machines are pretty efficient. But all you can decide is whether to take the time being offered or not. I can't even imagine what it will be like when you add a decision making element.

I think this could be a huge bottle neck! If you have one guy in front of you that can't decide... ugh! I didn't mind the old machines at all, but I'm sure some people hated all that running around. I really didn't want to have to worry about a smartphone... now I guess I have to decide which is worse: waiting behind an indecisive family with too many choices or getting mad at the wifi that refuses to work! :rotfl2:

Pretty much up to the guest and whatever electronic gizmos they may or may not have.

hmmm...i wonder if they will at some point offer a type of magic band with a small display to list out your FP+ return times....or maybe install kiosks all over the park so you can swipe your band and it displays your FP+ return time info? otherwise one is left up to pen & paper to keep track if not in possesion of a smartphone or electronic gadget to manually enter info? seems very odd... i gotta think there is more to this

while it seems like everyone on the planet has a smartphone, that just isn't the case. for those of us with smartphones, hopefully disney's app's will work in park when FP+ is finally rolled out to the masses.

hmmm...i wonder if they will at some point offer a type of magic band with a small display to list out your FP+ return times....or maybe install kiosks all over the park so you can swipe your band and it displays your FP+ return time info? otherwise one is left up to pen & paper to keep track if not in possesion of a smartphone or electronic gadget to manually enter info? seems very odd... i gotta think there is more to this

while it seems like everyone on the planet has a smartphone, that just isn't the case. for those of us with smartphones, hopefully disney's app's will work in park when FP+ is finally rolled out to the masses.

Everyone seems to be able to keep track of their ADRs just fine without a wristband, I'd imagine previously booked FPs will work in much the same way.

Everyone seems to be able to keep track of their ADRs just fine without a wristband, I'd imagine previously booked FPs will work in much the same way.

Most people don't have three or more ADRs in a single day. :)

Add in the presumed additional same-day in-park FP+s, that could be a lot to keep track of in one's head...one thought I had early on was that the kiosks might offer a printout of the current itinerary. Don't know if that will be the case, however.

Pretty much up to the guest and whatever electronic gizmos they may or may not have.

Yes i agree. But my point is that one has to manually (either on paper or in their smartphone/gadget) manually keep track of their ADR's....while at WDW recently, the MyDisneyExperience app was useless while in the parks...just wouldn't work. So assuming they work out the bugs and get the technology to work...then there will still be a large contingency of guests who don't have smartphones/electronic gadgets to be able to look up and track their FP+ info while in park....are they then expected to pull out pen & paper while wearing this new-fangled device called a MagicBand? seems counterintuitive to me.

I just did my online early check-in, and the following is under the terms and conditions. This was in the first paragraph. Makes me wonder if we will be getting these, or if this is a blanket message. When my husband does the check-in for our other room, I will definitely be keeping an eye to see if it is that one too.

The following Terms & Conditions apply to the Online Check-In Service and your stay as a Guest at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
I understand the Online Check-In Service is a convenience to Guests at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand.

Most people don't have three or more ADRs in a single day. :)

Add in the presumed additional same-day in-park FP+s, that could be a lot to keep track of in one's head...one thought I had early on was that the kiosks might offer a printout of the current itinerary. Don't know if that will be the case, however.

Yes i agree. But my point is that one has to manually (either on paper or in their smartphone/gadget) manually keep track of their ADR's....while at WDW recently, the MyDisneyExperience app was useless while in the parks...just wouldn't work. So assuming they work out the bugs and get the technology to work...then there will still be a large contingency of guests who don't have smartphones/electronic gadgets to be able to look up and track their FP+ info while in park....are they then expected to pull out pen & paper while wearing this new-fangled device called a MagicBand? seems counterintuitive to me.

Kiosks or getting print-outs at GR seem like viable possibilities (though those of us planners who don't want to stand in line for such things will keep track of our FP+ on our own), but a MagicBand with a screen has never even been suggested as a viable option.

"process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

Makes me wonder if... this is a blanket message.

Yup.

It's just a new line to cover whatever is the situation.
(From what we've been able to determine, looks like they had originally planned to
have the MagicBands/FP+ already going by now.)

Didn't happen.

Kiosks or getting print-outs at GR seem like viable possibilities (though those of us planners who don't want to stand in line for such things will keep track of our FP+ on our own), but a MagicBand with a screen has never even been suggested as a viable option.

my guess would be kiosks to swipe your band and get a print out of all FP+ eventgs for that day. however, a MagicBand with a display could be beneficial as they could make them multi-lingual, potentially even an audio jack in them to allow an earbud connected for visually impaired guests.

A screen would require a power source, which the MagicBand has, but drain that source quicker, and reducing the effective lifetime. It also would require storage and a processor, and some way to transfer the information to it - essentially making it a two-way system. The bands would be bulkier, more fragile, and more expensive.

By the time they could make them viable, they might have actually solve the in-park wi-fi problem. And then they could loan "display devices" to guests who need them to keep track. Think of all those tests they did with Nintendo DSis, and Android-based touchscreen devices (lobotomized phones) for and updated DisneyMagic application...they must be around somewhere still... :)

I agree except wasn't there talk of fastpasses being offered throughout the day based on interests and availability? That could be quite hard to keep up with without a smart phone.

Actually, based on reports it might be difficult to keep up with that WITH a smart phone. ;)

I agree except wasn't there talk of fastpasses being offered throughout the day based on interests and availability? That could be quite hard to keep up with without a smart phone.

Actually, based on reports it might be difficult to keep up with that WITH a smart phone. ;)

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Disney has specifically stated that it is based on your ticket, not where you stay, that gives you access.

The plan is that if you have you ticket in hand, you will be able to register the ticket ID with your profile, and be able to book advanced FP+. What limitations there will be beyond 60 days remains to be seen. This feature also isn't available yet and probably won't be for a while since they haven't really gotten any of it to work yet...

Those at a disadvantage will likely be those who wait to buy their tickets on site, or at least less than 60 days before their visit.

Like us... I suppose we could pay the extra $500 for our family to buy them here in advance instead of at the gate, but I don't even think early booking fastpasses would tempt me on that one! I guess maybe if reports suggest soarin and test track were fully pre booked before people arrived, but that's stratospherically unlikely since they will keep at least some, if not most, fastpasses on hand for the day I should think. I guess that would make me fall into the category of probably won't use in advance but hopes it won't affect my wait times too much on the day.

The fact they seem to have hoped to have them up and running by now worries me. Undisclosed issues? Or just the ones pointed out on here that were validated by early tests, like the app issues?

I guess maybe if reports suggest soarin and test track were fully pre booked before people arrived, but that's stratospherically unlikely since they will keep at least some, if not most, fastpasses on hand for the day I should think.

That really is the $64K question, isn't it?

That really is the $64K question, isn't it?

It really is, the ratio will be key. 10 prebooked to 90 on the day ideal, 25 to 75 okay I suppose, 50:50 not too horrendous I guess as long as they have plenty available overall, a free for all with 100% up for grabs to prebook beforehand would be painful.

Never heard it about being about the tickets? Where did you hear that?

Being based in tickets doesn't seem right because your ticket doesn't guarantee when you will actually be there as tickets are not bought for a particular day.

I think the pre-booking is for resort guests only and all others will be day of. Just a guess but it makes the most sense. Think about it CMs and ther guests don't use tickets most of the time but many of us do stay on property. That also goes for people who book rooms but buy their tickets at the parks or through AAA or another resource.

wilkeliza said:

Being based in tickets doesn't seem right because your ticket doesn't guarantee when you will actually be there as tickets are not bought for a particular day.

I think the pre-booking is for resort guests only and all others will be day of. Just a guess but it makes the most sense. Think about it CMs and ther guests don't use tickets most of the time but many of us do stay on property. That also goes for people who book rooms but buy their tickets at the parks or through AAA or another resource.

It's in the terms and conditions posted on the web site.

How they will restrict it so MYW ticket holders don't just arbitrarily pre book FP+ for every day and not show up remains to be seen.

As Doc said, it's in the Terms & Conditions. Here's the actual wording from the Disney FastPass+ Section:
  • Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.
  • Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to their account.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

I would think they would be able to tie the prebookings to park entrance. They may have something in effect where you must be in the park a minimum of 60 min prior to your prebooked time or the reservation is cancelled and then put back in the system for availability to regular Fast Pass distribution. Or maybe prebookings must be tied to a credit card and no shows get charged a fee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter