FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Marketing! Web pages!

Yeah, I don't think so. ;)

This was basically the response my mother made when I played devils advocate.

"But what if everyone starts using this new system?"

"Why? Some of them don't even use the fastpass system now, and thats incredibly simple."

"... advertising?"

Yeah, I was stumped.

This was basically the response my mother made when I played devils advocate.

"But what if everyone starts using this new system?"

"Why? Some of them don't even use the fastpass system now, and thats incredibly simple."

"... advertising?"

Yeah, I was stumped.

It's the ol' "you can lead a horse to water..." thing. :goodvibes

Each band has on it a unique identifier--and only that identifier--that by itself is meaningless. When linked to WDW servers though, that identifier can access most everything about you that WDW has compiled information on: name, address, phone number, date of birth, traveling party, favorite color, whatever.

and where you had lunch, where you're having dinner, the fact you purchased a Pluto plush at 11:47AM this morning....:rolleyes1

Don't KTTW cards for onsite guests have all that?

I suppose this will extend that info to rides and shows, and apply it to offsite and AP guests... if they do take it up.

This is an incredible thread.....I have been enlightened by your posts. Admittedly, I'm in over my head here, but I was thinking :idea:if FP+ is going to play such a prominent role in how we plan our Disney vacations, what impact will it have on those of us who enjoy that 'spontaneous' Disney vacation? Would you reconsider a spur of the moment vacation during a busy time of the year, knowing that you may not have the opportunity to make reservations for your 'must do' attractions ? I would't care if I went to Disney without ADR's for meals because I can be flexible, and explore other meal options; attractions, however, are in a league of their own. If I only had 2 weeks to plan, perhaps all of the FP+ reservations for the attractions I enjoy would be long gone, meaning I must wait long standby lines. I know that most of us Disney people are serious planners, myself included, but I have been known to take that unexpected Disney vacation.

I think it is very foolish to base your understanding of the future, soley on the past, and what is happening right now.

With that mentality, the wright brothers would never have invented flight.

A wise man knows the past, understands the present, and changes the future.

~A

ps - its simply a matter of threshold. It garners the least of my doubts. The IT thing garners the greatest of my doubts.

There are many people that visit the parks now that can't be bothered to educate themselves about the current FP system, which is free and available the same day.

How does Disney think they will make people make reservations for rides months in advance when some won't even do it the same day?

Think about all the people ho are not speaking english very well.
Or people who don't have Computers.
Older people.
People who simply wat to go 3 nice days in an amusement parks.
Sorry, but the Idea of all this FP+ is totally stupid....

And for people like me, that will go in lightly lower seasons like late October, that got 4 or 5 FP normaly on a visit in a Park, it will now be a terrible bad change only having 3. And if I have bad luck maybe even not for the ride I want.

I jut hope all this testings will show Disney how it really sucks and FP+ will be history when I will visit WDW late October this year.

Considering how this board is supposedly all for planning a vacation, there are surprisingly few people who want to plan rides 60 days out here I think. There are people, just not as many who I thought would be excited.

Of course they could just be quiet... but still it doesn't bode well for the uptake imo. They'll need to push, push, push this continually.

I mean, i'm sure many people on here will if they have to in order to get on rides. but that means enough people taking it up of their own free will.

Considering how this board is supposedly all for planning a vacation, there are surprisingly few people who want to plan rides 60 days out here I think. There are people, just not as many who I thought would be excited.

Of course they could just be quiet... but still it doesn't bode well for the uptake imo. They'll need to push, push, push this continually.

I mean, i'm sure many people on here will if they have to in order to get on rides. but that means enough people taking it up of their own free will.

You can plan, without having to plan out where exactly you will be at a given moment. We seldom go with a specific touring plan in mind, but a general idea and play it by ear. We will know which park we will be in in the morning and the evening, and where our ADRs are.

You can plan, without having to plan out where exactly you will be at a given moment. We seldom go with a specific touring plan in mind, but a general idea and play it by ear. We will know which park we will be in in the morning and the evening, and where our ADRs are.

I would wager a guess that the above describes the majority of people that visit WDW. There will always be people on either end of the spectrum (uber planners with their color-coded spreadsheets and those that wake up that morning and catch the bus to whatever park comes first).

I want to. :)

I already know what days we are doing what parks for our upcoming trip. I would have no problem going in and reserving three rides a day at the 60 day mark. I would prefer it actually, as long as I got three that we wanted. For the way we tour, I think this is going to work better for us. We generally only see one park a day, we enjoy a lot of second-tier rides, we spend a lot of time at the resort.

My guess is most of us on here (almost all day every day :rotfl:) can act all day long like we aren't planners-when we simply know the system and parks so well, we can create the entire plan in our head in about a minute and a half.

As Robo said earlier-drop him blindfold at any time of day anywhere in any park, and he will maximize his visit/plan pretty much instantly.

Likewise if any of us got an email that said for your trips-you get 8 FP+ headliners a day, but have to do it at 60 days out, otherwise you are lumped in with the crowd-everyone on here would do it. And I also bet if you where given 60 seconds to plan one day at each park and chose 8 FP+ headliners or otherwise-we all could do it.

See this is what I thought most people are like. But I must be wrong, or this wouldn't be planned.

Unless disney think they change people, mould them into planning more.

if any of us got an email that said for your trips-you get 8 FP+ headliners a day, but have to do it at 60 days out, otherwise you are lumped in with the crowd-everyone on here would do it. And I also bet if you where given 60 seconds to plan one day at each park and chose 8 FP+ headliners or otherwise-we all could do it.

Sign

Me

UP!

:goodvibes

I guess you can dream robo...

Till that "three faspasses, one fastpass per ride" voice that sounds strangely like mine drags you kicking and screaming into reality that is... ;)

Random thought that has probably already been said...The goal, somewhere down the line, could be years away, must be to start charging for more FP+. JMO.

If people will pay a lot of $ to eat dessert at the Tomorrowland Terrace just to watch fireworks, how much will people pay to get at least a better spot at fireworks, parades, rides, shows, etc...

Till that "three faspasses, one fastpass per ride" voice that sounds strangely like mine drags you kicking and screaming into reality that is... ;)

Sorry.
Lost my head there for a minute.
Thanks for reeling me back in.

..... you forgot to mention one attraction per tier.

Pesky little details.......;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter