• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Details Are Out!

PLEASE...I beg you. If you can make the time to voice your concerns here, PLEASE take a minute or two to fire off an email to Disney. They are listening. They WANT feedback. Silent stewing will not help anything. Try to keep a cool head in your email. No rudeness, snark, or grandstanding. If you want a response make sure they know how to reach you by phone (they called my cell...and when I explained I was unable to speak then he promised to call back and he did, exactly when he said he would).

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

PLEASE...I beg you. If you can make the time to voice your concerns here, PLEASE take a minute or two to fire off an email to Disney. They are listening. They WANT feedback. Silent stewing will not help anything. Try to keep a cool head in your email. No rudeness, snark, or grandstanding. If you want a response make sure they know how to reach you by phone (they called my cell...and when I explained I was unable to speak then he promised to call back and he did, exactly when he said he would).

I probably will tomorrow. I just don't have a good taste in my mouth about spending time writing in after my failed "Bring Belle back to MVMCP" campaign last year. :lmao: But at least I can say I tried.

Yes it is open to all but by its very nature not all can participate. There aren't enough Fast Pass for all guests to have them. So i find it ironic that we have learned to use the current Fast Pass system to our liking so that we in the minority have the most access to the to attraction. Now that a system is being proposed to spread the passes out to the masses more evenly it somehow isn't fair to those of us who know the virtues of the current system that can be lopsided. Yes Fast Pass is actually quite simple but when dealing with all walks of life it is fully understandable to me that many people jus dont grasp the concept Think about it. If you book a trip and the agent or Disney Cast Member doesn't come out and ask you i you are familiar with the Fast Pass the. Realistically how is a guest going to grasp it. Its not like there is a barker on main st USA that's shouting it out to guests walking by. I've never had a Disney Cast Member in the park approach me to ask if i know about Fast Pass. So unless at time of bookin or if you stay onsite and at check in have it explained you you l, it s totally conceivable how people dont understand it as some as it is So the attitude of "its simple how hard could it be to get up early or to use fast pass" is quite an elitist point of view IMHO. Its not mathematically possible to grant everyone Fast Pass t all attractions s the Fast Pass system created a way t filter that. However it also is a system that can be lopsided in nature. So if fp+ can utilize live data to better spread the access across the board, i have no problem with it even though i have benefitted greatly from the current Fast Pass system. It is in disneys interest to appeal to the masses and if they can build a better mouse trap for all of us than I'm for it. Of course they have kind f opened pandoras Box with trying to implement s many features at once when they eventually roll Fast Pass+ to the masses

Um, why can't everyone participate.

All we have ever needed to participate was our park ticket. Just how many people is Disney letting into their parks daily without a ticket? I bet that number is very low.

All I know is if I was in a stand-by line for Rock n Roller Coaster and saw people just waltzing pass me I think by the time I finished the ride I would be curious to find out how I could do that too? And when you go to actually enter a ride line there is two entrances - stand-by and fastpass - which is a very helpful hint to remind you to ask what does that mean if you did forget since your last ride.

mom2rtk said:
And just how does this new system make that better?

If anything, it makes it easier to assume they would need to pay for it.

I was not addressing the new system. I was addressing how it is possible that people don't understand the current system.

However, if the new system involves FP+'s being given to guests "quick pick" style, as has been rumored earlier in this thread, then I do see that as an "improvement" for the general public, who will not have to think about it, but merely accept a perk. Granted it's an "improvement" that no one here really wants or needs, but thats the other 40 pages of this thread ;)

Yes it is open to all but by its very nature not all can participate. There aren't enough Fast Pass for all guests to have them.

FP+ does not change FP capacity.

So i find it ironic that we have learned to use the current Fast Pass system to our liking so that we in the minority have the most access to the to attraction.
"to our liking" seems to imply that using it as I described above...4-6 FP/day, spread out over the entire day, is somehow against what Disney wanted. Another concept that I just don't buy, b/c Disney could have placed more limits on how many FP an individual could get in a day a long time ago.

Now that a system is being proposed to spread the passes out to the masses more evenly it somehow isn't fair to those of us who know the virtues of the current system that can be lopsided.

How is the use I described in my post lopsided? Also, I said nothing about "fairness." My dislike of FP+ is not about fairness, it's about not wanting to have to schedule my vacation like I do my work day, not being limited to FP in one park/day, and being concerned at what adding FP+ to attractions that have never needed FP is going to do to those SB lines.

Yes Fast Pass is actually quite simple but when dealing with all walks of life it is fully understandable to me that many people jus dont grasp the concept

If they don't grasp FP, how are they going to grasp FP+?

Think about it. If you book a trip and the agent or Disney Cast Member doesn't come out and ask you i you are familiar with the Fast Pass the. Realistically how is a guest going to grasp it.

So the attitude of "its simple how hard could it be to get up early or to use fast pass" is quite an elitist point of view IMHO.

Somehow I managed to grasp it back in 2004 in DLR- my first trip with FP in play - years before I'd ever found the DIS. Really, it's not hard. It has been on park maps for years (up until this most recent change, I believe) - that's how I learned about it.

I have an e-mail in the process of being created in Word :)

Sent one earlier this evening and included my cell phone number.:thumbsup2

ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?
Otherwise, what's the point in getting park hoppers?

Exactly. We love park hopping. All spontaneity gone and this sounds incredibly restrictive especially for those traveling with toddlers whose schedule could change at the drop of a hat. I am so unexcited about this. I am *trying* to be optimistic because usually Disney knows what it is doing, but I really can't, it just sounds SO awful. Yes, I know this is completely a first world problem, but if things become so restrictive then we will probably start vacationing elsewhere and WDW will be only on occasion.

I really hope this is not out in Sept/Oct.

Not really my style, but I am writing one now. You have convinced me. I will have it ready to send tomorrow

Just sent this:

I am a long time fan of Disney going back to my youth. I have visited DisneyLand twice while living in San Diego many years ago and have visited DisneyWorld at least once each year, staying on-site, for the past decade. I have always enjoyed my visits and have greatly appreciated the effort Disney puts into making my family's experience complete. Unfortunately I must reluctantly say that this new Fastpass Plus initiative has me very concerned and disappointed.

My concern stems from the general lack of information provided about the program. A Disney vacation is a considerable expense for my family and I cannot afford to risk that kind of money on a vacation about which I have been denied information as to how a new program will affect our experience. I have taken many things Disney on faith in the past and rarely if ever felt let down however this is asking too much with so much on the line. I have seen reports of responses to similar complaints as being "we don't know how the system will work yet." That is completely unacceptable. If there was no clear plan for implementation before designing the system then how can Disney expect me to trust them with my hard earned vacation dollars and limited vacation time?

My disappointment comes from the limited information that is available that points to a proposed limit of 3 FP's per day in one park. This is a deal breaker for my family. We enjoy the current FP system, it allows us to ride our favorite rides with a minimum of wait and it is one of the factors that keeps us coming back annually. If we are limited as described I am afraid we will have to look elsewhere for a vacation destination. Other parks have, albeit for a charge or onsite stay requirement, systems that compare VERY favorably to a limited FP+ system. I am afraid we would have to chose such an option if the proposed limitations are implemented. I understand Disney has to look to please as many visitors as possible however these changes are too much for me and my family. If WDW wants to continue to receive my vacation dollars they need to reconsider such draconian limitations to the the FP system.

Believe me, it is with sadness that I contemplate changing our preferred vacation destination from WDW to a competitor. Unfortunately the withholding of details about the new system and the proposed changes to the system makes me feel as if WDW does not care about my business. I may not be an "average" guest but I have always been a loyal one. My loyalty extends beyond our WDW visits, we often attend Disney movies, buy DVD's and shop our local and online Disney store. These changes may appear to appeal to a broader audience and therefore my concerns may be of little import however I think you will find that I represent a larger minority than it would seem on first blush and the loss of loyalty from this "minority" will likely have much implications deeper than simply park attendance.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Exactly. We love park hopping. All spontaneity gone and this sounds incredibly restrictive especially for those traveling with toddlers whose schedule could change at the drop of a hat. I am so unexcited about this. I am *trying* to be optimistic because usually Disney knows what it is doing, but I really can't, it just sounds SO awful. Yes, I know this is completely a first world problem, but if things become so restrictive then we will probably start vacationing elsewhere and WDW will be only on occasion.

I really hope this is not out in Sept/Oct.

This is one of the things that I discussed at length on the phone today with a CM, and sadly/scarily/terribly, in sum, his response was that they don't have a clue how they are going to address this. None.

We talked about same day FPs, but they aren't sure how they will balance them with pre-bookings, or really if any will be available.

We talked about being able to change your FPs if you were going to do MK on tues but due to weather or kids need to do it Weds: They have no idea if there will be fastpasses available some day.

We talked about having to be locked in 60 days out, and he gave me a line I have read elsewhere here: They are hoping with fewer FPs going out standby lines will be shorter.

I Followed this up with the general thought here, ok, but if you offer fewer FPs, people are going to flock with their FPs to the headliners, meaning those rides will be crammed all day, or, they wont allow all those FPs to be booked to allow for a shorter standby line, except that people would then be pissed and possibly not want to take their trip if they can't book headliners. He said, yes that is a possibility and an issue, but they have no idea how they are going to address it at this point. He said they will have to play with numbers, supply and demand of FPs after its rolled out.

My letter/email

I am writing with my concerns for the rollout of the upcoming FastPass+ system. I have to say, that with the current information we have available I am very concerned.

First off, as I understand it you will have the option of booking your FP+ attractions 60 days out, will have 3 FP per day, but only in one park, and you will be able to change them leading up to, and even day of, until you use one, then you are locked into a park, but can still make changes with remaining FPs in that park.

I wonder, how optional will this really be ? If you want to ride the headliners, Seven Dwarf Mine Train, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania etc. And if guests can reserve spots 60 days out, I imagine that you will basically HAVE to book these, as soon as possible, otherwise all the FP spots will be taken. It will not be an option to get a same day FP for a ride that is in high demand.

How can you expect people to know, 60 days out, what parks they are going to do on what days ? We plan as it is, and sure we pick which parks which days, BUT, that always changes. Weather changes, kids/people feel sick, sometimes the weather is too hot, crowds are larger then expected, people just are 'feeling' like doing a given park or ride that day. How are we supposed to know how we are going to feel and what the weather is going to be like, on day 5 of our trip, 60 days out ?

IF the headliner ride FP are already booked, via pre-booking, and my kids aren't feeling well on the day we were planning on doing Animal Kingdom, and then we try to change it and get in the next day, how am I supposed to get FP for Everest, or safari ? What are we supposed to do with the Fast Passes we had booked for the day that we were GOING to do another park, but decide to do AK instead ?

I have seen nothing that makes me feel like there will be any REAL flexibility, I have seen CMs say there will be same day FP available, BUT, they have not said there will be same day FP available for the headliner rides, they have not said whether the entire pool of FP will be bookable online at the 60 day mark.

Aren't we supposed to be on vacation in Disney world ? I don't understand the whole concept of having to plan out, not only our dining reservations, but also, what rides/attractions we plan on doing 60 DAYS … in advance, I just can't stress this enough, this is madness.

I sit here with my DVC buying guide sent by disney in front of me, and until the last couple weeks I have been planning on buying, but with the little info we have about FP+, I just can't. I know that booking for 2014 will open soon, how can you expect us to book flights, vacation time, etc, and set aside thousands of dollars, when we don't yet have the details on WHEN FP+ will roll out, or HOW the system will work ?

If you could address these concerns I would greatly appreciate it, I want to love this new system, but with what we know now, it sounds horrible, the current system seems to work fine, though it could be improved, this seems a step in the wrong direction.

Please feel free to contact me @ *************@yahoo.ca or (***)***-****

This is one of the things that I discussed at length on the phone today with a CM, and sadly/scarily/terribly, in sum, his response was that they don't have a clue how they are going to address this. None.

We talked about same day FPs, but they aren't sure how they will balance them with pre-bookings.

We talked about being able to change your FPs if you were going to do MK on tues but due to weather or kids need to do it Weds: They have no idea if there will be fastpasses available some day.

We talked about having to be locked in 60 days out, and he gave me a line I have read elsewhere here: They are hoping with fewer FPs going out standby lines will be shorter.

I Followed this up with the general thought here, ok, but if you offer fewer FPs, people are going to flock with their FPs to the headliners, meaning those rides will be crammed all day, or, they wont allow all those FPs to be booked to allow for a shorter standby line, except that people would then be pissed and possibly not want to take their trip if they can't book headliners. He said, yes that is a possibility and an issue, but they have no idea how they are going to address it at this point. He said they will have to play with numbers, supply and demand of FPs after its rolled out.

Stunning. Just stunning that they are so utterly unprepared for the many variables that affect every day touring. That they have literally no idea how they will handle all the various issues and complications of this new system is jaw dropping.

We talked about same day FPs, but they aren't sure how they will balance them with pre-bookings.

I'm sorry but it seems to me that they have "I don't know" pre-recorded and just keep hitting the play button with every question. I am glad you all are sending in feedback and I believe I will do the same...even though that isn't something I like to do....but to be so close to roll out, I am AMAZED that the CMs don't know how they are going to handle these situations! Or maybe they just aren't tell anyone in these calls because they know you won't like the answers. :confused3

I emailed the other day and got the standard thank you for your feedback and it will be shared with leadership reply.
My best friend also emailed as he is as concerned as I...

Here's hoping our emails have an impact.

I emailed the other day and got the standard thank you for your feedback and it will be shared with leadership reply.
My best friend also emailed as he is as concerned as I...

Here's hoping our emails have an impact.

If I was them, and I saw your trip history, I would be concerned that we kept you as a return guest :)

Just sent my email...

To whom it may concern,

My family and I are long-time loyal guests of Walt Disney World. In many ways Walt Disney World has been a measuring stick by which my wife and I have watched our children grow from toddlers to teenagers over the course of 13 years and 16 family visits. Through the years we have come to trust Walt Disney World with our vacation time and dollars. WDW and its cast members have never failed to impress us with innovation, caring, and hospitality.

Having said that, I have some initial concerns about rumored aspects of the soon-to-be-unveiled “Magic Band: and “Fast Pass Plus” technology the WDW theme parks. First, there seems to be a gathering consensus derived from information released by Disney and informed speculation that guests will be limited to three Fast Passes per day under the new system. I anticipate that such a limit would have significant negative impact on my family vacations because using the current park rules we are able to tour the theme parks in such a way that often we collect many more Fast Passes per day for headliner attractions. This allows us to enjoy the parks with minimal waits. Losing the ability to do so would devalue our Walt Disney World vacations.

Secondly, we enjoy being able to plan our days in the theme parks as they unfold. We are adaptable, and sometimes even go to a different park than the one we had planned on any given day due to weather, anticipated crowds, or just on a whim. The necessity of reserving attraction Fast Passes 60 days or more in advance would mark the end of spontaneity for us. As I foresee it, we would be locked in to attending our chosen park months in advance of the trip due to obtaining potentially elusive headliner attraction Fast Passes at that earlier time. Beyond the new policy itself, I do think this will negatively change our attitudes about touring the theme parks.

Thirdly, while at Walt Disney World a big part of the vacation is the ability to unplug. In my profession I am on call and in demand practically around the clock. I have come to look forward to our WDW vacations because while my family and I are at WDW I do not have to be concerned with interacting with my cell phone or tablet computer. All I must do is enjoy my time with my family and the wonderful entertainment and hospitality provided at Walt Disney World. I fear the new Fast Pass Plus system will add a layer of necessary connectivity that will be most unwelcome and perhaps intrusive.

These are my basic concerns based on what I am reading about the new system. I truly wish Disney the very best when it comes to a successful launch of Fast Pass Plus. My family and I are eagerly anticipating our next Walt Disney World vacation, set for September 25-30, 2013. We look forward to staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and hopefully making the best of whatever Fast Pass system –new or old –that is in place during our visit.

Sincerely,

I just hope everyone will remember to take notes (if called) and/or paste email replies to this thread so that we can sift through what we are all told. It may be that the responses can give us more information as a whole than the individual answers do to specific concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter