• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ currently down so mad

Despite the signs at the pools telling people not to reserve chairs with towels or other personal items, some people seem to feel like they're entitled to reserve a chair for a whole day while they go off and do other things.

If I can't find a chair I don't hesitate to toss someone's towel aside and sit in the chair. If someone comes back and tells me I have taken their chair, I will let them have it. But, you know what, that has never happened. Usually there are a lot more chairs with towels on them than people in the pool.

It also bothers me when people feel like they have to reserve a chair for every one of their kids, even though the kids are never going to sit in them.

This was the case on cruises years ago, until the pool hands (for lack of a better word), would go around periodically and take the towels away. Much better to leave a shirt :duck:

Just kidding I fell your pain.

Except that ticket prices have constantly rising over the last what, 15-20 years, while maintenance has been lacking over that time. The attendance figures have also been pretty stale over the last 10 years or so, so that's not the issue. It's as simple as the CEO/shareholders benefiting from price increases. That 34 million dollar compensation package that Bobby boy got didn't appear out of nowhere.

I have no issues with what CEO's make, good for him.

I have no issues with Disney changing or not changing.

If and when my family gets priced out, then I simply will be sad and not go or save longer if that's my desire.

if and when Disney becomes a non fun place for our family to visit we will stop.

Despite the signs at the pools telling people not to reserve chairs with towels or other personal items, some people seem to feel like they're entitled to reserve a chair for a whole day while they go off and do other things.

If I can't find a chair I don't hesitate to toss someone's towel aside and sit in the chair. If someone comes back and tells me I have taken their chair, I will let them have it. But, you know what, that has never happened. Usually there are a lot more chairs with towels on them than people in the pool.

It also bothers me when people feel like they have to reserve a chair for every one of their kids, even though the kids are never going to sit in them.

I do this too. I'll keep an eye on chairs with hotel towels and NO personal belongings, and if no one comes by in 15-20 minutes or so, it's mine. Who goes to a pool without flip flops or a tee-shirt at the very least? I've never had anyone come back and claim that I've taken their spot.

I have no issues with what CEO's make, good for him.

I have no issues with Disney changing or not changing.

If and when my family gets priced out, then I simply will be sad and not go or save longer if that's my desire.

if and when Disney becomes a non fun place for our family to visit we will stop.

Dig that, we're in the same boat. Although there are faults, it's still our favorite place and we'll go until it's no longer fun for us.

Dig that, we're in the same boat. Although there are faults, it's still our favorite place and we'll go until it's no longer fun for us.

Its hard to watch my old Disney of pass, slowly change or die to be more dramatic.

I feel for all the people that are dealing with the difference of old and new style.

Plus it makes me feel old. lol

All that money spent, all I see is longer lines on rides that never needed a fast pass, what a waste, I will deal with it, but it's a waste of resources that could have made such a positive impact elsewhere, overall, MDE is a fail in my book, the least we could hope for would be that it worked correctly, I feel for OP. I hope the rest of your vacation is magical :-)

Last edited:
That happened to us last year on the day we arrived. The system was down and although you could use your FP+, there was no access to the system so I couldn't visit the kiosk to remind myself what rides and times our FPs were. Luckily we had a great CM at the front gate issuing our annual passes and he gave us paper FPs. He really rescued us from a not-so-magical start to our vacation! After that, once the system was up again I took a screen shot of each day's itinerary on the MDE app so that if there were any more issues, I could show that to the CM at the ride line.

That happened to us last year on the day we arrived. The system was down and although you could use your FP+, there was no access to the system so I couldn't visit the kiosk to remind myself what rides and times our FPs were. Luckily we had a great CM at the front gate issuing our annual passes and he gave us paper FPs. He really rescued us from a not-so-magical start to our vacation! After that, once the system was up again I took a screen shot of each day's itinerary on the MDE app so that if there were any more issues, I could show that to the CM at the ride line.

Always take screen shots of your fp, and adr.
also if you have hard tickets take pic of the number on the back just encase.

Was at AK today...system failure wasn't a big issue for us.
Tried to change an unused Safari FP, but couldn't so went to a kiosk.
CM informed me of the issue. They allowed a 4th FP to be made and used immediately. Add Tough to be a bug for 1010, did that and then my FOLK for 1030-1050.
Tusker for lunch at 1140 and around 2 it came back up.
Was then able to switch my AM Safari to a 4pm Dinosaur.
No negative impact for us....

Surrender to the flow....

It just warms my heart to hear reports from people actually in the parks and how they are able to face disruptions on their vacation and make lemonade out of lemons. Such times with family and loved ones are too precious to let a silly little thing like computers and reservations ruin them. You don't have to be older to know that time is worth much more than money and you don't have to waste either.

It just warms my heart to hear reports from people actually in the parks and how they are able to face disruptions on their vacation and make lemonade out of lemons. Such times with family and loved ones are too precious to let a silly little thing like computers and reservations ruin them. You don't have to be older to know that time is worth much more than money and you don't have to waste either.
Well said! I'm sure it's frustrating but its still a day at Disney World! Enjoy it! :dogdance:

I agree that no one would BLAME a guest for it being down. But often times OPs are called to task because they were so bothered by it, or didn't do X, Y, or Z in response. Thread after thread includes posts telling OPs that their trip could have been better had they not let something bother them. Then they get all kinds of helpful suggestions that almost never show sympathy, but rather scold them.
I find it hilarious after others called you out saying no one does this on the Dis, that multiple people did exactly this later in this thread. "Turn lemons into lemonade" I love how people who aren't there living it assume it's no big deal and others should brush it off. I agree with you, OP has every right to be angry...

Agree completely! The OP came to the boards for support, I'm glad to see many of us giving it. We spend thousands to be there, no blame or shame be placed on feelings of disappointment. As Pete has mentioned lately in podcasts, just be human and nice, so much negativity on the boards. We all love Disney, let's be kind.

I find it hilarious after others called you out saying no one does this on the Dis, that multiple people did exactly this later in this thread. "Turn lemons into lemonade" I love how people who aren't there living it assume it's no big deal and others should brush it off. I agree with you, OP has every right to be angry...

I commented because of her chosen label.
I have yet to see anyone come on this thread to downplay the OP's experience. Not one person said "It's no big deal". So I still don't understand the point of casting the first stone when everyone up to that point was supportive of the OP.

I'm sorry you find that hilarious. I don't.

OP--Did you go and complain? I hoping so, and I'm hoping they did something to make up for all of the craziness.

Sure, sure, lemons into lemonade and hey, it's a DAY AT DISNEY. HOWEVER, when you've had enough lemonade and the MDE app still isn't working; when you can't find the 'FP kiosk' to try to add/change FPs, when the CM in the gift shop tells you to just go on the MDE app because he/she doesn't even know it's not working; when you finally find the iPad CMs in a sunny area with no signage, trying to handle a long line of frustrated/confused/hot guests - you may start to get a little PO'd (no pun intended). I was there yesterday when the system was down - it wasn't magical or fun. Yes, I was kind and didn't take it out on any of the CMs. However, I also didn't get to take advantage of this wonderful new system they have - instead I went back to the hotel, frustrated and angry. :furious:At least the transportation was working.

Some of us are tired of making lemonade. Disney needs to get this fixed and show they actually care about their guests. The fact that it's a day at Disney doesn't make up for the fact that I'm not getting what I paid for when I bought the park tickets.

Flame away~

Lady Hiss princess:

Sure, sure, lemons into lemonade and hey, it's a DAY AT DISNEY. HOWEVER, when you've had enough lemonade and the MDE app still isn't working; when you can't find the 'FP kiosk' to try to add/change FPs, when the CM in the gift shop tells you to just go on the MDE app because he/she doesn't even know it's not working; when you finally find the iPad CMs in a sunny area with no signage, trying to handle a long line of frustrated/confused/hot guests - you may start to get a little PO'd (no pun intended). I was there yesterday when the system was down - it wasn't magical or fun. Yes, I was kind and didn't take it out on any of the CMs. However, I also didn't get to take advantage of this wonderful new system they have - instead I went back to the hotel, frustrated and angry. :furious:At least the transportation was working.

Some of us are tired of making lemonade. Disney needs to get this fixed and show they actually care about their guests. The fact that it's a day at Disney doesn't make up for the fact that I'm not getting what I paid for when I bought the park tickets.

Flame away~

Lady Hiss princess:
No flames, here, Lady Hiss.
I'm sorry it was a crumby day. :(

I'm curious how adding a FP for TTBAB helps in any way. Can someone enlighten me? :confused3

Just home today. For most of our trip the new FP+ was fine. Tues at MK was able to get 6. Wed at Epcot had 4, but we started later in the am. Only used 3 at AK on Thurs but left by 2. On Fri at DHS we hit our first snag. We arrived for RD to go straight to rock n roller coaster, but the ride was down and by time we found it to be back up again it was 50 min wait. We were able to get a 7pm FP+ but by that time, a few in our family were tired so we split up and everyone didn't get to ride. Biggest problem was Sat. We had a evening flight and wanted to do MK one more time until around 2pm. Went straight to pirates and were next to board the boats, then waited, and waited.... ride down, they sent us on our way. Guess no last chance to do pirates this trip- lines will be too long later in am. Used first FP and then noticed I couldn't find the rest of my FP's on the app. Panicked that I deleted them, so next chance I had I stopped at a kiosk. I was told the system was having problems, but the were able to scan my magic band and tell me the times of my next 2 FP. I couldn't change them through the app though. Rode Space with 2nd FP, did Carousel of progress, then the Transit authority. Ride came to a stop, restarted, came to a stop, restarted, stopped, then.....nothing. Sat and waited 45 minutes then they finally came by and we walked in a line off the ride down to a door and staircase to the ground. They did give a paper FP for that though! Did last FP+ then I split from my family to look for a 4th FP. Kiosks were packed. Finally got my turn to find out I can only book for myself- needed everyones bands because of the problems they were having. Would have been nice to know this before I waited in 15 min line. Shortest stand by wait times now at 30 mins for the lesser rides. Decide to join the family for lunch and try again after lunch with all the bands. So, I took all our bands, waited another 15- 20 mins, able to pick from available FP on the screen, several were available, but only have 1 time choice, and cannot go on app and make changes. So, all in all, we did get to do quite a few things on Sat. before we left, though not as much as I hoped, but MK was a zoo that day, biggest crowds of the week and FP kiosks were just a nightmare. So glad our trip didn't start off that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter