• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ currently down so mad

Well, the FP+ system may be back up, but the issues with MDE are not fixed. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that all is well by tomorrow.

a friend of ours went down yesterday with her family

she ignored my suggestion to book FP+ in advance.....

today is her first day in the parks - got to wonder how it has gone so far.....

Might be a crowd level 2 somewhere, but the current posted wait time for Space is 95 minutes. I think I'd like to have a FP+ for that.
Seriously, in every post I said AK. Every one. Sheesh... I also said I have friends on property who said it was much busier elsewhere. I also talked about seeing packed buses going to ask the other parks. Unbelieveavle..

Since its now 2-3+ hours since I first posted that, I'd say it's about a 4-5 now... IN ANIMAL KINGDOM ONLY.

I heard it was super crowded there now, not sure if that's true or not but it is spring break for much of the Northeast. I would be shocked it crowd levels were a 2.

So if fp is down, what happens to all those people who stayed up booking their fp's months in advance? Do they loose them if they had things booked for this morning?

Tragic+ is now showing on my phone. It cannot be updated.

Just charged on the tragicbands, they are working for room charges.

I heard it was super crowded there now, not sure if that's true or not but it is spring break for much of the Northeast. I would be shocked it crowd levels were a 2.

So if fp is down, what happens to all those people who stayed up booking their fp's months in advance? Do they loose them if they had things booked for this morning?
Just clarifying this ... All Fast Passes that had been booked were fine, you could scan your band and they were read and you'd be admitted. You could use them with no issues. However, you could not change them or book new ones if you were a day visitor and you couldn't check MDE to see the times etc ...

Really what about the time the FP- system ate my ticket???? It was a pita in the first year of fp- too. Relax, Disney will work out the bugs I hope.

Oh goodness, we had that happen more than once. One time I even stuck the wrong card in (I think it was my Visa) and it wouldn't give it back. I didn't want to leave the machine in case it decided to spit it back out and I felt really bad guarding that spot until I could get someone to help me.

Do the people who call in Tragic Band or Tragic Plus realize that by using those words they just make their dislike of the system sound juvenile? I doubt anyone here is going " Ha ha, good one!" It just makes them sound silly, and makes the issues seem less impactful then they probably really are. You are minimizing the problem.

Oh goodness, we had that happen more than once. One time I even stuck the wrong card in (I think it was my Visa) and it wouldn't give it back. I didn't want to leave the machine in case it decided to spit it back out and I felt really bad guarding that spot until I could get someone to help me.

I had to wait well over 30 mins for the machine to be taken apart, then I had to visit guest services to have the ticket replaced because the magnetic strip wasn't working and scratched by the machine. so no fp- for me till it was replaced.

Then at the hotel they had to replace it again because it didn't work.

Had a great time that trip and now I laugh about the cursed trip, CM and guest services where great. The line I remember the most about that trip was me telling CM "you didn't do this on purpose" answer always was "no, but it shouldn't have happened"

That last line of "no, but it shouldn't have happened" is the difference now from old days at disney to current oh well its fubar sorry.

So my day gets even better. Decided to come back to the yacht club to hang by the pool. Not a seat to be found. 75% of the chairs just have towels and it's obvious no one had been there for a while. So we go over to the smaller pool. Finally get relaxed and then are told we have to leave because there is. Private party. Cmon man!anyone have the email so I can complain to Disney.

Do the people who call in Tragic Band or Tragic Plus realize that by using those words they just make their dislike of the system sound juvenile? I doubt anyone here is going " Ha ha, good one!" It just makes them sound silly, and makes the issues seem less impactful then they probably really are. You are minimizing the problem.
I actually giggled... Cuz like tragic rhymes with magic...

Can't think of one who would blame a Disney guest for an entire system being off line nor lack empathy when it does. I don't know why anyone would suggest or outright state that.

I concur that this stuff stinks.

I agree that no one would BLAME a guest for it being down. But often times OPs are called to task because they were so bothered by it, or didn't do X, Y, or Z in response. Thread after thread includes posts telling OPs that their trip could have been better had they not let something bother them. Then they get all kinds of helpful suggestions that almost never show sympathy, but rather scold them.

I agree that no one would BLAME a guest for it being down. But often times OPs are called to task because they were so bothered by it, or didn't do X, Y, or Z in response. Thread after thread includes posts telling OPs that their trip could have been better had they not let something bother them. Then they get all kinds of helpful suggestions that almost never show sympathy, but rather scold them.

I see no one on this thread doing any of the things you mentioned, so not sure what the point is? And the negativity certainly comes from both sides.

For those in the parks who are actually having to deal with the inconvenience, I feel for them. It's certainly no fun and hopefully those who are negatively impacted will complain to guest services. They're usually pretty good at trying to make it as right as they can.

I see no one on this thread doing any of the things you mentioned, so not sure what the point is? And the negativity certainly comes from both sides.

For those in the parks who are actually having to deal with the inconvenience, I feel for them. It's certainly no fun and hopefully those who are negatively impacted will complain to guest services. They're usually pretty good at trying to make it as right as they can.

And I'm so glad to see this!
Maybe the tides are turning on the DIS?
:chat:

So my day gets even better. Decided to come back to the yacht club to hang by the pool. Not a seat to be found. 75% of the chairs just have towels and it's obvious no one had been there for a while. So we go over to the smaller pool. Finally get relaxed and then are told we have to leave because there is. Private party. Cmon man!anyone have the email so I can complain to Disney.

I would have moved towel and parked my bottom. lol

Man your just having one of those messed up days. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter