FP+ currently down so mad

I'm so sorry OP. I hope it is fixed quickly and there is some kind of silver lining. (Though I don't know what to suggest that is.)

Oh, how I wish we could turn the clocks back two years!!!

{enter FP+/MM apologists to remind us....
You can still have a great day people watching.
You can still have a great day at your resort.
You can still have a great day eating Mickey Bars. }

I gotta agree that this is for the birds.

Hopefully it is back up soon. And OP, I would definitely escalate a complaint.

Anyone happen to know of this affects ADRs?

I will complain. We will see where it gets me.

Don't forget to follow up with an email complaint.

I'm so sorry OP. I hope it is fixed quickly and there is some kind of silver lining. (Though I don't know what to suggest that is.)

Oh, how I wish we could turn the clocks back two years!!!

{enter FP+/MM apologists to remind us....
You can still have a great day people watching.
You can still have a great day at your resort.
You can still have a great day eating Mickey Bars. }

Not sure what you mean. Liking a system does not mean folks are all giddy with happiness when it breaks down.

I'm pretty sure magical enhancements and updating the system are just Disney spin speak for "the system has crashed and we are trying to figure out what is wrong with it and get it going again". I can't imagine they would intentionally take it down for updates on a Saturday.

No competent IT department would ever intentionally take a site of such scale and magnitude down for any reason. Updates would be performed on mirrored slave servers, traffic would be diverted, the master servers would be updated, etc.

But the site would not go down.

Don't forget to follow up with an email complaint.

Not sure what you mean. Liking a system does not mean folks are all giddy with happiness when it breaks down.

As well they shouldn't be!

But around here more often than not folks love to jump on the OPs and point out how it is their own fault they didn't turn lemons into lemonade. I'm just here to agree with OP that this stuff stinks!!

I'm in Ak today, it's a mess. App is completely down, lines are 50 deep.

The system has been spotty all week, this is off the charts though.

Tragic+ sucks. Seals the deal, we won't be back till they fix this I'm tired of being their guinea pig.

The only saving grace has been low crowd levels.

Technical support said they're making "magical enhancements" to their system and had no idea of an ETA for completion.

Nice. Disney wishes each one of you a magical day...
This does seem quite dumb to take down for maintenance. And maintenance almost always has an eta. That's why I'm guessing somethings broken and this was unforseeable. And if this is common for Saturdays... They should start doing maintenance every night to fix it lol.

I'm in Ak today, it's a mess. App is completely down, lines are 50 deep.

The system has been spotty all week, this is off the charts though.

Tragic+ sucks. Seals the deal, we won't be back till they fix this I'm tired of being their guinea pig.

The only saving grace has been low crowd levels.

Are cm still allowing fp lines?

When we went for the first guniea pig stage in Oct 2013 they would take screen shots as proof of FP+ ressies, when the system went down.

I'm at AK ... System is down, but existing fast passes are working, dining reservations are still fine and park entry was not effected for us. It is definitely an inconvenience. We wanted to buy new magic bands and they couldn't be linked, But everyone still seems to be having a great time. Rode Everest 5 times, rode Dino twice, face painting, watched the monkeys ... Now lunch at Yak and Yeti. Not discounting anyone else's experiences, just sharing mine. MDE down is not ruining everyone's day in the park.

Is this affecting the ability to charge things to magic bands?

I would definitely complain and see if they will do anything for you. However to the poster who stated this happens almost weekly, hardly. This is the first I have heard of such a large problem. Doesn't make it suck any less for those in the parks now, but lets not try and scare off people by exaggerating the issue.

I'm at AK ... System is down, but existing fast passes are working, dining reservations are still fine and park entry was not effected for us. It is definitely an inconvenience. We wanted to buy new magic bands and they couldn't be linked, But everyone still seems to be having a great time. Rode Everest 5 times, rode Dino twice, face painting, watched the monkeys ... Now lunch at Yak and Yeti. Not discounting anyone else's experiences, just sharing mine. MDE down is not ruining everyone's day in the park.
Keep in mind today's crowd level is probably a 2. I'm in line for safari mickey and minnie and it's a 5= minute wait time.

We are having a good time but ONLY because the park is virtually dead (minus the outrageous lines for fp+ kiosks and ppl).

Previous op is correct, they can see existing FP ressies but that's it.

Park admission wasn't affected.

Haven't bought anything yet on a tragic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter