Fox and the Hound...2

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by D23Ry, Jul 16, 2011.

1. D23Ry

D23Ry Mouseketeer

So I got fox and the Hound on bluray about a month ago, and I finally got to putting in the sequel. This is the first direct to dvd sequel I think i have ever seen....OUCH! Are they all this bad? I watched about 40 min and stopped it. It was just plain old bad. The hound was cute and all, but the story was ridiculous and the humor was very slap sticky (get hit with a pie). Anyone else seen this? Did you like it?

2. Rose DiVerona

Rose DiVerona "If you finally found your laughing place...how co

I saw part of it on one of the Disney channels a few years ago...I couldn't make myself watch the whole thing. The original is so touching, and the sequel was terrible. I find most Disney direct-to-DVD sequels to be this way.

3. Babbletrish

Babbletrish DIS Veteran

I just remember seeing the trailer to "Fox and Hound 2" and thinking, "What the... this is a plot from every Disney Channel sitcom! And don't Todd and Copper already have a pretty big rift in their friendship (Copper's owner hates Todd and enjoys hunting foxes) to cope with already?"

For those of you who have missed out on the magic and wonder that is the "Fox and the Hound 2" trailer, here it is (sadly the only copy of it available on YouTube, so ignore that annoying ad thing after the trailer). Note how "The Fox and the Hound 2" looks almost exactly like the "Saturday Night Live" parody of itself.