Forms of ID

ortholady

Earning My Ears
I know that either a passport or certified birth certificate and another form of ID with a picture is required--any stories of which worked better or any specific problems with them at foreign ports? Thanks!!

If I remember correctly when we would get off in port all we needed was our KTTW card. I dont remember bringing any other form of identification because it would have been my passport and I dont let that out of the safe once it's in there until we get off the cruise at the end of the week. It seems like Disney was like other lines that they took your picture and as your KTTW card was inserted your pic popped up and they let you on board with just that. I think the only time we had to show our passport was at checkin that first day (we did the land/sea so we had to show ours at the hotel) but never again.

HTH
Heidi

For anyone 18 and older, you must have a photo ID to get off and on DCL at the ports. I used my drivers licence and had no problems.

Hope this helps
Katdb

At the various foreign ports, you need only a photo ID and your KTTW card (these in order to get off and re-board ship.) The Birth certificate/passport is needed at Port Canaveral to board initially, and it makes absolutely no difference which you have.

The idea is that you need one "official" government issued ID (thus, the certified birth certificate) and one photo ID (the driver's license). The passport has both features, so serves as both functions. Under 18 need only a certified birth certificate, although if a child has a passport, it is certainly accepted. Don't bother getting passports if you are a US citizen and don't already have one.

Do note that the birth certificate has to be "certified" This is the official certificate issued by a state government. It will usually say "certified" and/or have some sort of "official" seal (usually raised), holographic imprint, or other official sort of thing. What is not acceptable is a souvenier certificate issued by a hospital.

We have found passports for everyone, including the kids, works best. I put them in ziplock sandwich bags, and kept them in a fanny pack when we were in port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter