Former Disney employee claims we can save 70% on Disney tickets...

As a former WDW CM and TDS manager, I cannot imagine what this guy is talking about other than buy a 10-day ticket as many other posters said. DH was a WDW Guest Services CM and he has no idea either. As another poster mentioned, there are tickets for conventions and groups, but the discount isn't that much. I'm guessing he's a "former" CM for a good reason. At one of the TDS in my district, we had one CM "hide" select hard-to-find items in the back room. Then, he'd buy them when they went on markdown (back in the days when there were only sales 4x/yr) and sell the items on eBay for a huge profit. Not cool.

molly2004 said:
I saw a post on Craigslist recently. THe guy said that he can offer a substantial discount because he is take a group to disney and he just adds you to his group to get a volume discount on the ticket. I think he was tauting a 40% discount.

Standard "group" discount for Disney is about 20% on most tickets. For park tickets, you have to have quite a few people in your group to even qualify as a group.

I have a friend who bought info off ebay and it told him this…. Buy a ticket with left over days and then request an upgrade. Or my favorite… look in the trashcans and parking lots for tickets that people toss, then upgrade those.

Keep in mind this info was for DL not WDW.

After I found out I told him…. I’ll hook you up with more free info than you can deal with and it will only cost you time on the internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter