Former Disney employee claims we can save 70% on Disney tickets...

ecpool

Mouseketeer
I was just doing a search on e-bay and there is a person selling the info to the loophole on how to buy Disney tickets at a discount. Does anyone know how to do this? This person wants $41 for the info and he/she says quote"

You are bidding on Information that will show you a loophole in Disney's Ticket System that will allow you to purchase tickets at up to 70% off Gate Price! You will save literally HUNDREDS!

If this is true, I would love to know how. Please let us in on it if you know.

If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is. Stay away from this. I would report it to ebay also.

Let me see you are spending $41 for this person's knowlege?? And you don't know what that knowledge really is?

Sounds to me like the thing this person has figured out is how to get your money. I bet you then get something like a list of authorized ticket brokers....

Disney has some of the best controls in the industry (or in any industry for that matter) I wouldn't count on a magic loophole.

For what it's worth, I am a former CM and I can't imagine what she is referring to. CMs do receive a small discount on tix (approx 5% if I remember correctly), but nothing like 70%. I agree with Steve, stay away

So many warning bells!

First of all, can you really think of any "information" that is worth $41? Secondly, if there were something like this available, do you really think it wouldn't be common knowledge in the days where information sharing is almost instantaneous?

I agree about reporting it to Ebay. It would really stink to have someone get scammed by this (but on the other hand it's so obviously a rip off somone would have to have the IQ of pickle relish to actually send this clown money!)

pearlieq said:
on the other hand it's so obviously a rip off somone would have to have the IQ of pickle relish to actually send this clown money!
If only this were true. I constantly hear on the news, in the paper, in magazines and even here at DIS of people being taken by things that are such blatant obvious scams that pickle relish must not be as dumb as you think. :(

I know there is a site on ebay by Disneyite that makes some claims but I think that price is $14.95. I can't imagine that there is that much more information than you can get here at the DIS.

I saw this too...and I thought how neat it was that Disney rubbed off on their employees. Someone should write a book entitled "How to Fleece the GP Without Them Knowing It, otherwise entitled What I learned While Working for Disney". :teeth:

When you buy one ten day ticket you save about 70% compared with buying ten one day tickets.

Or maybe you could become a travel agent and depending on how much volume (how many Disney vacations) you book you can get bigger and bigger discounts on tickets for your customers and a on few left over tickets for yourself. Up to 70% off does not mean automatic 70% off.

End of information.

Now please paypal me forty one dollars to ajaynejr@aol.com thank you.

Free Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

seashoreCM said:
When you buy one ten day ticket you save about 70% compared with buying ten one day tickets.

Or maybe you could become a travel agent and depending on how much volume (how many Disney vacations) you book you can get bigger and bigger discounts on tickets for your customers and a on few left over tickets for yourself. Up to 70% off does not mean automatic 70% off.

End of information.

Free Disney hints:

:thumbsup2 :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Awesome post! lol

You know - the info could be just that - buying multi day tix instead of one day tix - if so, then it is "legitimate" info (also COMMON KNOWLEDGE) but they technically *could* get away with selling the info on ebay.... :rolleyes:

There is not a loophole to save you 70% off a ticket. It's possible this person is just going to tell you to buy a 10day ticket instead of less.

There aren't any loopholes in the WDW ticketing system that would sell a ticket for 70% off gate value. That is a FACT. There is no such ticket in the WDW system, and CM's do not, and can not change ticket prices. They point and click on choices on the screen of tickets that are pre-priced. Not even Guest Relations has a 70% ticket.

seashoreCM said:

LOL! Either that, or I was thinking that they may just tell you to buy an AP. Break down the cost per day of admission, and an AP can potentially be a huge savings over one day gate admission prices... assuming you intend to visit WDW multiple times per year, or stay for an extended period of time. No 'secret loophole' to either approach (ten day tickets, or APs). :rotfl:

The only Disney Park Tickets I could think of if you are attending a sporting event at disney then you can purchase reduced park tickets but they were no where near 70% off. They are however a much lower rate than ticketmania and the like.

I saw a post on Craigslist recently. THe guy said that he can offer a substantial discount because he is take a group to disney and he just adds you to his group to get a volume discount on the ticket. I think he was tauting a 40% discount.

seashoreCM said:

End of information.

Free Disney hints:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The check is in the mail to your paypal account!!!

molly2004 said:
I saw a post on Craigslist recently. THe guy said that he can offer a substantial discount because he is take a group to disney and he just adds you to his group to get a volume discount on the ticket. I think he was tauting a 40% discount.
what's weird is that group ticket pricing really isn't a great discount. They do offer tickets not available to the general public such as 1 day after 2pm park entrance and I think they have 2 day hoppers that are less than buying a 2 day myw ticket- but it isn't 40% and certainly not 70%

Just come to the Dis, go to Mousesavers, talk to your travel agent- educate yourself through these avenues and you will get all the legitimate discounts available to you.

oh i ust hope nobody gets taken in by these scams. It's too bad that people have to be like that.

As a former CM i have NO CLUE on any loopholes at all.

ecpool said:
I was just doing a search on e-bay and there is a person selling the info to the loophole on how to buy Disney tickets at a discount. Does anyone know how to do this? This person wants $41 for the info and he/she says quote"

Just curious...did thes seller have any feedback & what was their feedback rating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter