Formal Night and Fairy Wings

I have seen fairy wings on formal night before :) It looked great and she was wearing a long silver beaded gown with white and silver wings. It looked very beautiful. Her husband was in a tux.

Ya know my first thought was gigantic 5 foot wings like I saw in the costume shop at first. I just couldn't imagine them in the crowded halls or sitting in the dining chairs with arms.

But, yours sound lovely. Perhaps you could post a pic because now I'm interested.

I might just dress as the fairy godmother for formal night.

Let's see if I can get this to work:

0001xph4

If you'd like when the wife get's home I'll throw the whole outfit on and get a picture so you can get an idea what it looks like on me all together.

Ya know my first thought was gigantic 5 foot wings like I saw in the costume shop at first. I just couldn't imagine them in the crowded halls or sitting in the dining chairs with arms.

But, yours sound lovely. Perhaps you could post a pic because now I'm interested.

I might just dress as the fairy godmother for formal night.

I can't think of a *more* appropriate place to wear fairy wings with formal wear than on a Disney cruise! :wizard:

Now you're giving me ideas for my formal night....:rotfl:

DCL cruises are so magical anything is possible. Here's a thought- wear your wings on formal night and if you like go to the atrium and have your picture taken by the professional photographer. They have special backdrops for the photo shoot. Check with Shutters or guest services is you have to book a time with the photographer, I'm not sure on that note. ENJOY your wonderful cruise.:littleangel:

I think this is a lovely idea and why the heck not? Its a Disney cruise and the perfect place (besides WDW) to look and feel magical. If my finances ever bounce back and I get to cruise on DCL again, I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea! Tink is my fave, so I'm thinking a pretty pale green gown, something she would wear on formal night....ahh, I can dream...

Rock those wings!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Absolutely!!!
I think they are lovely and would be beautiful with a formal dress. A Disney cruise is the best place to wear them. I wouldn't think twice about seeing someone in wings at dinner on a Disney cruise. Go for it...make it magical.:littleangel:

As Promised the pics me in the Wings and the Dress
(I just might go ahead and wear the purple over jacket to help blend the black straps.)

0001y571

0001z1zc

I think they look great. You should definately wear them. Where else but on a Disney Cruise could you wear wings on formal night.

You know whatever floats your boat but don't be shocked when people point, stare, and snicker at you. I don't want to be mean but there is a time and place for playing make believe and formal night on a cruise ship is not it. Halloween is a more appropriate time to wear wings.

I think you might get a few strange looks on a different cruise line, but I'd be surprised if you got them on the Disney ships. I've seen several adults in full princess costumes on formal night, and nobody blinked. I know fewer people dress up at all on the 3 and 4 night cruises so you might be more conspicuous there, but on the seven night I'd think not. Personally I like the wings. I'd much rather see your outfit than the inevitable people who ignore formal night attire entirely and just wear jeans.

DS (2.5) wanted these at the Expo....sigh....I say have fun!

DSCF0068.jpg

LOL! My boys (then ages 4 and 2) wanted to be fairies for Halloween two years ago. They had some wings from Wal-Mart. They decided that they wanted to be fairies for Halloween and that they needed costumes to go with them. So we picked out some shiny fabric and I made fairy costumes. (shorts and open chested vests) I let them do it, even if I did get some stares from other parents. They looked great and they loved wearing them.

If you want to wear them, go ahead, it's your vacation so make the best of it:goodvibes!

Some of the posters who have commented are outright rude, and more than likely they would be the same party poopers that *try* to spoil everyone elses fun on the cruise! You know the type, crabby, complaing, nothing can make them happy, holier than thou, miserable people.

Just ignore them...go and have a great time!:thumbsup2

You know, I don't want to be unkind - but I can't help but wonder if those posters are the same ones who will swear up and down that Disney is for kids.
:confused3

If you want to wear them, go ahead, it's your vacation so make the best of it:goodvibes!

Some of the posters who have commented are outright rude, and more than likely they would be the same party poopers that *try* to spoil everyone elses fun on the cruise! You know the type, crabby, complaing, nothing can make them happy, holier than thou, miserable people.

Just ignore them...go and have a great time!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter