Forget Reality! We're cruising on the Fantasy July 28, 2012!!!

Can I join in the headless chicken run?

I have packed two cases, and put together the FE gifts,but I still have 2 more cases to pack, mine and DH's...now mine is easy, but I have to wait for DH to decided when he will sort out what he wants to pack!!! I have a long list of chores to get done by Thursday night, we fly out from UK Friday morning, and sometime Thursday I need to go visit with my Mum as it will be her birthday on Saturday and I feel bad for missing it...again! This is about the 4th time in a row now LOL ooops! I also have to drop the dogs off at the kennels that day, so really I have to get the majority of my chores done tomorrow!!!

Oh and I have yet to print put my magnets!!!!!

So looking forward to actually getting on the plane.....then I can relax :)

See you real soon

Ummmmm, trip is this weekend? Haven't packed a single thing! I have printed my magnets and sorted the FE stuff, so that's good.... I do have 2 dresses getting altered that won't be ready til Thursday at 5 ! Ugh. Can't wait til we fly out and I can shut it all down!!!

Well, I made a list... that counts as starting, right? :rotfl:

So yesterday our surprise was blown. My DD (whom the surprise was for) overheard :listen: my mom talking to my aunt about the "cruise" and "her birthday" and "baby brother going too". :headache: I tried to pretend I didn't know what the heck my mother was talking about when my DD asked me in the car on the way home. :rolleyes1

Unfortunately, then DH calls and I have it on the bluetooth handsless speakerphone thingy and DD hears our conversation which mainly consists of what a crazy day at work it was and how inconsiderate and last minute his coworkers are, but then he concludes with "I need a rum runner". DD being the insanely smart and observant girl that she is says (after I hang up), "wait a minute... Rum Runners are only on the Cruise Ship..." :idea:

So we gave up and told her. Much screaming ensued. Then jumping up and down. :yay: Then dancing :banana: :cool1: Then she realized that she'll have her birthday on the ship (embarkation day) and that means "Icky Cruise Cake" (ICC). We had a less than desirable experience with the celebration cakes in years past. :sick: She doesn't know about the cake we ordered for her (I really hope it arrives, the whole ordering process is really unprofessional, and they were supposed to call us -- according to the DCL rep -- after receiving our order and so far zip. :confused3 )

So I'm glad she is excited but a bit bummed that our big surprise was blown... At least packing will be easier now... if we ever start packing that is.

Today is packing day for me too! I started last night and have half of dh and DS clothes in the case I just have to steam the dress clothes and pack them and they are done. I have piles of clothes for us girls all over my room now I just have to organize them and get them into the suitcases. I need to try on my fancy dresses again to make sure they still fit as I bought them a couple months ago. Otherwise I hope the spanks will help them fit as I have gained a few pounds since I bought them. See you all on the ship!!

Aww that's a shame at the surprise didn't carry through, but I am pleased that she is thrilled. Hope you get the cake sorted!

Well I now have 3 of 4 cases packed with clothes....still waiting for DH to sort his clothes for the case. I still have the sundries to spread out Cross the 4 cases which I will do tomorrow (FE, wash bags, batteries, shoes etc...)

We leave home Friday for the airport at 6.30am BST(british summer time) with a flight leaving at 11.40am. That normally gets us in to MCO for around 3.30-4.00 pm Florida time, we then get a shuttle to a nearby hotel(don't know which one) and then back to the airport for DCL transportation on sat morning. Really can't wait now.

Sitting on the Magical Express! Can't wait for our cruise. Safe travels everyone!

Need to put real 1st names w/ DIS names at the meeting.

Well, I made a list... that counts as starting, right? :rotfl:

So yesterday our surprise was blown. My DD (whom the surprise was for) overheard :listen: my mom talking to my aunt about the "cruise" and "her birthday" and "baby brother going too". :headache: I tried to pretend I didn't know what the heck my mother was talking about when my DD asked me in the car on the way home. :rolleyes1

Unfortunately, then DH calls and I have it on the bluetooth handsless speakerphone thingy and DD hears our conversation which mainly consists of what a crazy day at work it was and how inconsiderate and last minute his coworkers are, but then he concludes with "I need a rum runner". DD being the insanely smart and observant girl that she is says (after I hang up), "wait a minute... Rum Runners are only on the Cruise Ship..." :idea:

So we gave up and told her. Much screaming ensued. Then jumping up and down. :yay: Then dancing :banana: :cool1: Then she realized that she'll have her birthday on the ship (embarkation day) and that means "Icky Cruise Cake" (ICC). We had a less than desirable experience with the celebration cakes in years past. :sick: She doesn't know about the cake we ordered for her (I really hope it arrives, the whole ordering process is really unprofessional, and they were supposed to call us -- according to the DCL rep -- after receiving our order and so far zip. :confused3 )

So I'm glad she is excited but a bit bummed that our big surprise was blown... At least packing will be easier now... if we ever start packing that is.

A suggestion, if I may...pull your head server aside on the first night and ask if they will have a "Palo Chocolate Souffle" prepared for her. Typically they will be able to do that, but later in the cruise (possibly last night of dining). It would still be a big surprise for your DD, and far more delicious than the "ICC".... :thumbsup2

Well my two favorite fancy dresses did not fit so I just came back from a whirlwind trip to the mall, lugging the three kids and my neighbor who came to help me watch the them, god bless her. I found two beautiful dresses and they were both on sale half price!! Packing has re-commenced.

Good morning fellow cruisers, it's 8am in the UK and I have already started the final prep for the holibob. I have done the last of the laundry and ironing, later on this morning I will be dropping the dogs off at the kennels for their holibobs....they are so well looked after there, the ladies love having them to stay. Then I have to go pay my mum a visit for her birthday, and then it's home to get The house tidied for the last time and the last few items packed....we leave in the morning...woo hoo.

So unless I am really organised today, I won't be online until I reach the states, so safe and happy travels to you all and hope to make the meet at 3pm.

See you all real soon

Well it is Thurs. morning and here I am on the computer instead of packing...I did finish our magnets so come and see our door room 6058 unless we upgrade (but I don't see that happening). This trip we are just two adults as my ds (turning 16) is a Counselor in Training at camp for the summer (his choice). This is the 1st time in almost 16 years we have not vacationed together so it feels a little weird. I am so looking forward to this cruise and just relaxing. I hope to meet all of you on Sat. at the outlook spot. Also plan to go to the DVC meet up on Sunday morning. Have a safe journey and see you on the Fantasy!

Well it is Thurs. morning and here I am on the computer instead of packing...I did finish our magnets so come and see our door room 6058 unless we upgrade (but I don't see that happening). This trip we are just two adults as my ds (turning 16) is a Counselor in Training at camp for the summer (his choice). This is the 1st time in almost 16 years we have not vacationed together so it feels a little weird. I am so looking forward to this cruise and just relaxing. I hope to meet all of you on Sat. at the outlook spot. Also plan to go to the DVC meet up on Sunday morning. Have a safe journey and see you on the Fantasy!

Where and what time are we meeting? is it 3pm in Outlook on Saturday?

Where and what time are we meeting? is it 3pm in Outlook on Saturday?

Yes it's 3pm in outlook on embarkation day before the muster drill. You need to take the middle midship elevator to get there. There is only one elevator that accesses this area I dont remember it is the port side or starboard one but it is definitely the middle one. Which rules out 4 of the 6 elevators. The elevator has a button for floor 14.

That's it, I'm done!!! Cases are packed, house is clean, I am about to get in the bath and then bed and sweet dreams until morning and holibobs start :)

One minor(or major from my point of view) disaster...DH decided to leave it until this evening to pack his clothes...when it came to packing his tux he couldn't find the trousers...only the jacket.....no trousers he has go with the tux jacket and the on,y other jacket he owns is not really suitable to wear in REMY, so looks like we will have to cancel our two REMY bookings one for each week...as no jacket = no dinner and for the first time ever he won't have a tux for formal night. he has a button down shirt and tie which will be suitable for formal, semi formal and Palo, but no jacket as he hasn't any trousers to go with...I am not happy,I was really looking forward to enjoying REMY again! :(

Oh well I won't let it ruin our trip

See you real soon

Take the jacket they can sometimes provide the pants, remy is not to be missed. And if you do not bring it they will provide the proper clothes, I have read this many times.

Thanks, we have been fortunate enough to do Remy on the fantasy twice already. I might be able to persuade DH to try and borrow something,

Hey! I am going to ask this again because I don't know if we are doing this but does anyone want to hang out on day at sea near pool area?

I will for sure meet with you guys, with or wo kids, my DD and her friend are 8so is perfect because they can play in the pool while we talk!!if for whatever reason we cant meet at 3p lets touch bases later that day, you have my room number in the FE list, so lets talk as soon as possible!!

I think drinks would be great. You get two firemen together and I am sure they will find plenty to talk about. We will probably be late to the meet so if I miss you we are in room 6060. Counting down...see you soon.

Let's get in touch and maybe we can get together for one of the tastings (or two) my DH favorite is the whisky but we'll be doing a couple!

Will see you at the DVC meet on Sunday for sure! I'll be wearing the Disgreen in my lanyard and my DH too,

Thanks, we have been fortunate enough to do Remy on the fantasy twice already. I might be able to persuade DH to try and borrow something,

It doesn't surprise me that sounds like something my hubby will do! Hey worst case escenario just see if you can rent on board!! Is all good, have a safe trip. XOXO

Looks like all is pack! but since we are driving from Miami the amount of stuff we are taking is incredible. We are driving up on Saturday morning, so to all have a safe and bless trip and will be seeing you soon!!!

I think meeting at the outlook would be cool! JoJo, would love to meet you even though your husband is shy & anyone else who wants to come. what time would work for u? i think it is fun to just say hi & put faces to all the people we have been talking with! I def would like to meet the other suzcruise! this group is a pretty small one though. Princess, my DH & I are bringing our DD14, who is excited to be in be in the vibe for the first time. Who is in your large group?

Hey woman! feel free to knock in our door after the sail away party for a couple drinks!!! remember 7556!!! see you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter