test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

For those who have stayed AFT on the Dream or Fantasy...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Lollipop's Mom, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

Did you like it or wish you were more mid-ship? Did you feel really removed from most stuff/long walks - or ??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. disneycruiser22

disneycruiser22 New Member

Last year on the dream i was in 6144 (aft). It was a good location (depending where you want to go) We picked midship for our next cruise b/c we're all adults and we wanted to be closer to the Adult pool areas etc. Honestly, it all depends on if you need to go forward or aft at that moment to think if your stateroom is a good location :rotfl2:

4. Nikki'sMommy

Nikki'sMommy New Member

We were closer to aft last cruise-8130 on the Dream and we loved it.. It was a quick stair climb to cabanas and the drink station..no issues for us.

5. jfahome

jfahome New Member

We stayed in 6190 & 92 in may on the Fantasy. These rooms are the farthest you can go aft. We liked the location, less foot traffic. There was a large vibration when docking but I'd book it again, especially a verandah!

6. Lollipop's Mom

Thanks - yes I am looking at a cat 7 verandah - only $300 more than our inside - we haven't had a verandah and the difference in cost is really nothing!

7. We were. In 6184 on the Fantasy. Lots. Of vibration. Felt. Likea massage bed at times. Yes the walk did seem long at times. We rebooked. 7170 for next year. Just a little closer to the elevators. Hopefully not so much Vibration.

8. modisneychick

modisneychick New Member

We had 7682 on the Fantasy and had a lot of vibration. I would not book that room again.

We had 10142 on the Dream, and loved it. It was incredibly convenient to Cabanas.

We have also stayed forward, and those rooms were fine both times.

9. shoes99

shoes99 New Member

We were in 7680 aft on the Fantasy in May. It was a long walk to go foward. You do feel the vibration of the thrusters that far back. We did have a 7A obstructed verandah which we liked..but next time will try to be midship. We were midship on the Dream and didn't experience the vibration that we felt on the Fantasy.

10. Tinknalli

Tinknalli New Member

We stayed in 8152 and found it to be very convenient. Close to elevators. Convenient to Cabanas, the kids clubs etc. Not so convenient in all of the ports as they often did not use the aft tender lobby and we would have to go foward to get off the ship. Overall, we loved the location though.

11. huffjoann

huffjoann New Member

we were very aft in 9668 on dream,, while I didn't mind the walking, I did mind the vibrations! at night sometimes it was hard to get to sleep, it made me feel ill and usually I don't get sea sick!
    The aft elevators were easier to get and we were right there at Cabana's and an ez walk to pool deck. We didn't have much hall traffic either which was very nice.
    My husband always joked when we got off midship elevators and walked thru the halls that its 100 rooms to go, LOL,, we were very tired of his lame joke by end of cruise!
    We have decided to move more midship for our next yr cruise

12. dreamcruiser

dreamcruiser New Member

We were Aft on a recent cruise and would not do it again! I posted a thread about it. The location re: distance and walking was not the problem..it was the vibration at night. Hard to sleep! We moved.

13. Cdnmom2001

Cdnmom2001 New Member

we were in room 9662, AFT on the dream and it was wonderful. Close the drink stations, Cabanas and elevators were never busy in the "AFT". If I were to cruise again, I would defintely book an aft room without hesitation

14. Lollipop's Mom

Thanks so much. The vibration problem does have me sticking where we are for now - I am a light sleeper!

15. FriendOfFanatic

FriendOfFanatic Waiting for vacation

We had 8188 on the April 21 Fantasy and it was great. It is a long walk forward, but you have to walk off all the extra food anyway. I would definitely try for this room again in the future. I have been mid prior to this, and I like aft better.

16. Pwac

Pwac New Member

Last week, we had 7666, 7668, 7673, 7675. We loved the proximity to the aft elevators but it was a haul to the laundry. The vibration was definitely noticeable on the first night but I didn't notice it after that.

17. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

We had 9162 on the Dream and loved how convenient it was to Cabanas. It seemed like a long walk to the MDR's, but we needed the exercise after all that food anyway.

18. 2disneycruzrs

2disneycruzrs New Member

We were also in 6190 at the end of the Dream on our cruise last year and will be again this year. I loved the location - quick access via stairs (and even the elevators) to everything we needed. It was quiet, and we love the views of Castaway and Nassau from there. DCL has since upgraded the category. The only time I really noticed how far it was to the front of the ship was when I walked the hall where it is only staterooms. We could feel the docking but it didn't bother us. Heck, it did wake us up but then we got up and didn't feel like we wasted our cruise sleeping. Would continue to book here if available.

19. disney honeymooners

disney honeymooners Disneyholic

We were in #10662 on the Dream in September and we will be in #10664 this September and we love being on the back of the ship not as much foot traffic and the elevators aren't nearly as crowded as mid ship. There was a vibration when we docked but we had the same vibration (if not worse) when we were on the Wonder on deck 7 (Navigator Verandah). From now on we will only be booking as far Aft as we can get the view at Castaway is AMAZING!!!

20. Mandie_Jo

Mandie_Jo New Member

We were in 10662 the last week of May and LOVED it!! I told my husband that I don't know that I could go back to a regular balcony after being spoiled by that one! It was great that it was only 1 quick set of stair up to Cabanas and if you needed to take the elevator it was super quick compared to using the mid-ship elevators!

21. KimDisney

KimDisney New Member

We had an inside room Aft last year on the Dream. I felt the same way, the vibrations woke us up in the am and we considered it our alarm clock to get up and get the day started! The extra walking is just that....more erercise to walk off that extra dessert or cocktail! We have aft again this time, leaving this Sat. It was a VGT room, so we had no idea where we would be. We have an aft room that has a smaller balcony and a view from the back of the ship. Although I'm disappointed in the room, the price we paid was for an inside room, so I cannot be too unhappy! I cannot wait to see the view backing into Castaway Cay! (after the vibrations wake me up!)