For those who have already experienced Disney

kopppa33

Mouseketeer
Are MOST restaraunts pretty good and helping your kid find something they like or will eat? Some of the places I want to eat at I know my kids won't like anything but will eat a basic Grilled cheese happily or mac and cheese so would they do that? Thanks!!!

Does anyone find it to be worth the money? Did you like it? Does anyone have any pictures of their CD if you bought it to share? What were the positives and negs? THanks in advance!!

Go to allearsnet.com and go to the link of dining, then to menus and this will bring up menus of all restaruants, most have children's menus to look at as well. good luck

I can't speak to the first one, but I can suggest that you check the restaurant menus on the WDW site. Many have kids menus posted.

On the second one, I totally love PhotoPass. Not only do you get photographers to take pictures that you then get to be in, but there's a lot you can do to the pictures when you get home, like borders and autographs and things. You can add the altered pictures to your CD for no extra cost.

Also, there's now PhotoPass+ which includes all of the photos from the rides like Splash Mtn, ToT, etc.

Photopass isn't cheap, but I feel it's well worth it. :thumbsup2

I have looked at all menus on all sites in entirety. I did my hmwk. But I have heard from others and was looking for conformation that indeed if there is nothing on the childs menu they will eat the Disney would find somehting for them even it was to make them a grilled cheese. That was the direction I was going..sorry for the unclarity

When my DS was 3 ALL he ate was grilled cheese. We were at Mama Melrose and asked for a grilled cheese although it was not on the menu, I mean how hard is it to find bread and cheese? Well the waitress brought it out and told us the chef had gone over to Prime Time to get it! Also we were at Ohanas and asked for one as well and they said no problem because they could go get one from Kona. So in answer to your question yes they are very accomodating!

We ate at Ohana last week and we ordered grilled cheese and mac -n- cheese for the kids. They brought out a huge tray of both and it was no additional charge. I cant speak for other restraunts but this one was very accomodating.

If you are on the dining plan, absent medical or allergy issues you MAY have difficulty getting the restaurant to provide anything off-menu, especially at restaurants that are not operated by Disney.

Are MOST restaraunts pretty good and helping your kid find something they like or will eat? Some of the places I want to eat at I know my kids won't like anything but will eat a basic Grilled cheese happily or mac and cheese so would they do that? Thanks!!!

We've had very good luck with Disney eateries modifying menu items for DS who used to be fairly picky. They are also usually willing to provide alternate foods if they have them. For example on our first visit to the Plaza, DS couldn;t find anything he would eat on the kids menu, but the meatloaf special sounded good to him. So I asked if they could do a Kid's size of it, and the waitress winked and made it happen (she got a very good tip!)

The only place that absolutely refused to work with us was La Hacienda de San Angel. They absolutely refused to do anything to make life easier for our son. Once you become an adult (age 10), La Hacienda makes you order from the adult menu, and they were not willing to make any changes to the items. The only saving grace is that their food was very good, and we managed to find an appetizer DS could order for dinner and then I shared part of what he liked from my plate.

I agree that checking the menus ahead of time is a great idea, and don't be afraid to ask. They often can accomodate you.

We have had 2 restaurants go out of their way to make my kids happy. One was Hollywood Brown Derby. All my child wanted was mac and cheese, it was not on the kids menu so they "created" their own version using penne pasta they had on hand, and she loved it! The other was 'Ohana. She would not eat any of the food on their set menu so somehow they produced a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and fries and she was happy as a clam!

Many do but some won't....

And even if a place did it before for one person doesn't mean they will be able to accommodate your special request. Especially if the person is picky. Not all restaurants are going to have basic white bread and american cheese on hand. So asking for a grilled cheese could bring out something different then expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter