For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR... updated 8/17

Day 4, part 3:

So when I left you we were about to go under the see with the Little Mermaid. The wait time was a whole 5 minutes but we pretty much walked on. This was a new ride for us as well plus the Little Mermaid is one of my favourite movies so I loved this:

IMG_3037_zps2fa1cfae.jpg

IMG_3038_zps6c330300.jpg

IMG_3045_zpsb8fb06e5.jpg

IMG_3051_zps00801838.jpg

IMG_3052_zpsa9cfef95.jpg

IMG_3062_zpscee8029e.jpg

IMG_3065_zps42c6a2dd.jpg

IMG_3067_zps4c596da1.jpg

IMG_3073_zps8811292f.jpg

IMG_3079_zps860a303d.jpg

After the Little Mermaid we headed across towards Toy Story Mania after that stopping to talk pictures along the way:

SAM_0551_zpsa1ad0a31.jpg

SAM_0554_zpscf93cf3c.jpg

SAM_0558_zpsc6a143bf.jpg

Along the way I also found this another character to meet with the 7th photopass photographer of the day. Momma went to sit on a bench nearby and I went to meet Miss Daisy Duck who was delighted that I had Donald and Daisy buttons on my crocs:
SAM_0560_zpsb714112d.jpg

When I had met Daisy I went back to the bench where Momma was and she was gone! For those that have followed my trip reports before you will know Momma gets lost very easily so the fact she was missing in a park we’ve never been in before was a bit of a panick. I went into the nearest shop to search for her… Didn’t find her but did find this bundle of cuteness:

SAM_0563_zps5a31bdbc.jpg

When I saw Duffy I went to search for the Duffy Pillow Pal but they didn’t have him here either. I decided to go back out and wait for Momma on the bench I’d last seen her. She did eventually show up and we headed over to Toy Story Mania. There was a 30 minute wait for Toy Story Mania. We were going to go on it but then I had a really bad dizzy spell so snapped this before going to find a bench to sit on:
SAM_0567_zpsa0d99136.jpg

Momma went off to find me a drink while I took a break and waited for the dizzy spell to pass. It took a while but once I was ok again we slowly walked along the pier games. We had a go at this one:

SAM_0570_zps0b2ad5f3.jpg

The CM there hadn’t taken her happy pills either she wasn’t very smiley but I did win a turtle so one of us was happy! After that we headed towards Bayside Brews because it was nearly time for Disney Viva Navidad and I’d read on here that Bayside Brews was the best place to stand for it.

SAM_0573_zpsa9519f2d.jpg

We weren’t waiting long when a burst of coloured paraded through gates nearby
SAM_0575_zps0c1c7f39.jpg

SAM_0580_zps1ac50031.jpg

If you stand at Bayside Brews this is what your view of the float will look like:

SAM_0582_zpse9750d68.jpg

Viva Navidad is a bundle of song, dance, the three Caballeros and of course Mickey and Minnie.
These things kind of creeped me out a bit:
SAM_0589_zpsf1b06fcc.jpg

SAM_0591_zps6fbdcbde.jpg

I wanted Minnie’s dress, it was so twirly:
SAM_0593_zps8e257884.jpg

SAM_0600_zpsb80b199f.jpg

Next up: We go down Route 66!

What a cute update, Emma. I'm glad you enjoyed the Mermaid ride, and I enjoyed your pictures as you walked to TSM. What a cute Daisy picture...I love her outfit. So where did your mom end up that she wasn't on the bench?

I'm sorry you didn't get to go on it though because you were dizzy. You really had a lot going on with that cold of yours.

Disney Viva Navidad looks cute...love Minnie and Mickey's costumes.

What a cute update, Emma. I'm glad you enjoyed the Mermaid ride, and I enjoyed your pictures as you walked to TSM. What a cute Daisy picture...I love her outfit. So where did your mom end up that she wasn't on the bench?
I've no idea. She said she went to look for a cup of tea but I've no idea where she went to. :confused3

I'm sorry you didn't get to go on it though because you were dizzy. You really had a lot going on with that cold of yours.
I know. Was like I hadn't been off work for six months so when I finally had holidays my entire body shut down but I was determined to keep going it I ended up crawling around :rotfl2:

Disney Viva Navidad looks cute...love Minnie and Mickey's costumes.
Viva Navidad was really good. It was so colourful and fun.

Hi! I'm just following a long and I love your photos of Dublin at night and the market. All I could think was, "I wonder if Mrs. Brown has a stall there?" I'm a huge fan of MBB.

I'm looking forward to your next instalment. You have lovely photos.

Hi! I'm just following a long and I love your photos of Dublin at night and the market. All I could think was, "I wonder if Mrs. Brown has a stall there?" I'm a huge fan of MBB.
Thanks. It'd be funny if Mrs. Brown did have a stall there. I'd imagine Mrs. Brown on Moor street in Dublin though that's were the proper "Dublin" stalls are

I'm looking forward to your next instalment. You have lovely photos.
Thanks. I hope to get a few more updates done during the week or one at least as I'm off work for the week.

I laughed that you lost Momma. She loves to roam
I know she gets lost so easily. Remember the last WDW report and I went off to the park alone one morning and she got lost in POP and rang me in a panick because she couldn't get into the room but was at room 1343 and ours was 1443 or something like that. :rotfl2:

I got behind again. For some reason I am not getting email notifications for a bunch of threads I am following. Wow, I have never seen Goofy at the Surf's Up breakfast. We have been a number of times now since 2011 and the line up has always been Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and Stitch. I love Goofy's costume.

We have done the Critters breakfast three times now and I have yet to get the button. At all the other character meals at Disneyland we have always got the button.

I loved the Paradise Pier Christmas tree. I think I am part mermaid so the under the sea theme really appealed to me.

Well done on meeting Oswald and getting quite a few Photopass photos. I love your photos from around the park. What a shame that you started to feel dizzy. Toy Story Mania definitely is not the ride to go on when you are feeling dizzy.

Corinna

I got behind again. For some reason I am not getting email notifications for a bunch of threads I am following. Wow, I have never seen Goofy at the Surf's Up breakfast. We have been a number of times now since 2011 and the line up has always been Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and Stitch. I love Goofy's costume.
I totally forgot until after that Daisy was advertised to be at Surf's up. We didn't see her there but sure saw her in the park so it's all good :)

We have done the Critters breakfast three times now and I have yet to get the button. At all the other character meals at Disneyland we have always got the button.
I have a story there for another night... I reckon they only give them out if you have children with you.

I loved the Paradise Pier Christmas tree. I think I am part mermaid so the under the sea theme really appealed to me.
I loved the Paradise Pier tree as well. Think i'm with you on the part mermaid. When I was little I wanted to be Ariel :rotfl2:

Well done on meeting Oswald and getting quite a few Photopass photos. I love your photos from around the park. What a shame that you started to feel dizzy. Toy Story Mania definitely is not the ride to go on when you are feeling dizzy.
Corinna

I was so happy I found Oswald and several more photopass people. It made the whole paying for it in advance more worth the money ;)

Day 4, part 4:

So when I left you we had just finished watching Disney’s Viva Navidad. At the end the spray out all these paper flower shapes and before people left some people started gathering up a few and well I joined in.. free souvenirs like lol. Momma thought I had lost the plot! After that we wandered back along the pier and had another go at the Goofy about fishing game. This time there was a nicer CM there, a guy called Patrick Egan. The only reason I noticed the name was because I used to be a fan of an Irish boyband called Westlife until they split up and one of them was called Kian Egan. This time when I won I chose a pink fish:

IMG_3277_zps03ed1303.jpg

Mr. Egan said that I shouldn’t believe anything this fish says because it’s a “Lion fish.” I loled! Next we headed back across the bridge stopping for our 8th photopass photographer of the day before we spotted these guys out shouting orders at the civilians nearby:

SAM_0610_zps0d6606b0.jpg

SAM_0609_zps0d2e7dac.jpg

SAM_0613_zps35a99a00.jpg

We watched their show for a while before heading off down Route 66 towards Radiator Springs. I was super excited about seeing this and started snapping every inch of the place. It was literally like walking into the cars movie, it looked so cool:
SAM_0615_zpsb87fb8a1.jpg

SAM_0616_zps3f6c696a.jpg

SAM_0620_zps3c81acf6.jpg

SAM_0622_zps01b2e379.jpg

SAM_0624_zps5f52f32a.jpg

SAM_0637_zpsfa378626.jpg

SAM_0630_zpsa983403a.jpg

Momma at this stage was wondering what all the fuss was about. I was like do you not remember the Cars movie omg isn’t like just walking into the movie. She goes I don’t remember this park is boring. I kind of stood with my mouth open in shock for like 5 seconds before leaving her in her non Disney mood and heading off to Radiator Springs Racers which she refused point blank to try. I think she phoned Ireland and spoke to her friend while I was racing. Since she wasn’t going to try it I could do single rider line which was great. The normal wait time was 55 minutes, single rider was 10!

IMG_3085_zpsb56447d0.jpg

IMG_3088_zps4b70e137.jpg

IMG_3089_zps1ab66274.jpg

IMG_3092_zpsf8ff090c.jpg

I read on someone else’s trip report that they don’t often get into the paint room when they do this ride well when the cars separated I got:

IMG_3095_zpsc8cba751.jpg

Paint room! Then it was race time and it was awesome and the car I was in won!!! I got my 9th photopass picture of the day from the ride and then went out and went to find Momma. We browsed through the shops for a bit:

SAM_0638_zps769c35a6.jpg

SAM_0641_zpsfa848735.jpg

SAM_0643_zpse6538812.jpg

SAM_0645_zpsb43ca023.jpg

We stopped when we found the 10th photopass photographer of the day and got some pictures taken and then Momma sat while I went to meet Lightening McQueen for the 11th photopass pics of the day! I took a few more pics around Carsland as we headed on to our next destination:

SAM_0654_zpsb2bb19ca.jpg

SAM_0659_zps4c8e0867.jpg

SAM_0663_zpseadfef44.jpg

SAM_0667_zps94c72528.jpg

Day 4, part 5:

So on our way out of Carsland we stopped at our 12th photopass photographer of the day to get pictures with this guy:

SAM_0671_zps0fe57dba.jpg

Next up was Bugsland:
SAM_0677_zps65daf2f3.jpg

We wandered for a bit taking pictures of everything we saw and I was explaining to Momma about how everything was bigger to make it seem like we had been shrunk down to the size of a bug:

SAM_0679_zpsccfff6e9.jpg

SAM_0682_zps2f6c0a8d.jpg

SAM_0684_zpsaf790a4a.jpg

Loved the benches:

SAM_0687_zps994e1865.jpg

At this point I was explaining to Momma about the clovers and how there was a 4 leaf clover hidden in the middle of them all somewhere. I had just finished the sentence when Momma practically shouted THERE’S THE 4 LEAF CLOVER:

SAM_0690_zps0ab4d959.jpg

As we wandered towards one of the rides Momma suddenly stop and exclaimed, Hey I get it everything is bigger so it’s like we’re the size of a bug. I just burst out laughing because I had explained this when we were walking in to the area in the first place… delayed reaction much! :rotfl2:

We then went on Heimlech’s chew train since it was beside us and a walk on:

IMG_3101_zpsee79990b.jpg

It was cute. Animal Cracker?

IMG_3106_zpsc79f11c5.jpg

I love how the lights are like little bugs stuck to lollipops as well:

IMG_3109_zpsa940645c.jpg

Next up we headed towards the Hyperion to see the Aladdin Musical:

IMG_3113_zps83b80fb3.jpg

IMG_3115_zps497f6bd1.jpg

IMG_3116_zps7df87bcd.jpg

IMG_3122_zps7267303b.jpg

I had read a lot about this being such a fantastic show and that all the performers coming from Hollywood etc etc. I thought it was good but it was no better than the Beauty and the Beast show in Hollywood Studios in Florida. I thought anyway. Anyway when we came out these guys were driving by:

IMG_3142_zpsf2d961c3.jpg

IMG_3144_zpsc34029c2.jpg

Next we headed to another new ride for us the Monsters Inc ride. I went to take this next picture and was amazed again at how nice and polite people were in the American parks. A lady actually stopped and stopped her kids from going in so I could take the picture with no people in it. Our last trip to Disney was to Paris and there the people would physically push you out of there way in ride lines and everywhere else in order to get in front of you so it’s amazing going to the American parks and seeing the difference in how people treat each other there. Anyway rant aside have some pictures:

IMG_3145_zpsaa47e5f1.jpg

IMG_3147_zps96412c2a.jpg

IMG_3155_zpscad100e0.jpg

IMG_3164_zpse191c36b.jpg

IMG_3166_zps0019f4c8.jpg

IMG_3168_zpse8e82015.jpg

IMG_3169_zpsc7622050.jpg

IMG_3171_zps351da67b.jpg

IMG_3180_zpsebe28309.jpg

Great updates, Emma. Would you believe we have never seen "Cars"? Nope...never saw it. But I do love all the photos I see in everyone's DL TR's and can't wait to try Radiator Springs when we go to DL in 2017.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: on your mom and you guys "being bug sized". It took her a while, eh?

Love all your shopping pictures...those Cars ornaments are adorable. I don't remember seeing those before.

How nice that the mom made sure you got your picture. For the most part, I have found people to be very friendly and accomodating at the parks. I remember your horror stories of Paris.

Great updates, Emma. Would you believe we have never seen "Cars"? Nope...never saw it. But I do love all the photos I see in everyone's DL TR's and can't wait to try Radiator Springs when we go to DL in 2017.
Aw that's the beauty of having nephews visiting every so often. One fo the boys in particular was just young enough to want Cars everything when it first came out and now the other little guy is being introduced to cars so every time they're visiting the dvd gets pulled out :) This is another reason why I was so shocked that Momma didn't get it because she's watched the movie plenty of times with the boys.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: on your mom and you guys "being bug sized". It took her a while, eh?
I know. I had literally explained that about 10 or 15 minutes before she said it. :rotfl2:

Love all your shopping pictures...those Cars ornaments are adorable. I don't remember seeing those before.
I think those might be just for California adventure park. I know I've never seen the Snowmobile one before anyway.

How nice that the mom made sure you got your picture. For the most part, I have found people to be very friendly and accomodating at the parks. I remember your horror stories of Paris.
I know that was so cool. I wasn't going to take the picture when I saw them coming but she actually stopped so I could. Paris was awful for rudeness. We encountered more rudeness there in 5 days that we have in America on 5 trips like!

You covered a lot of ground that day. I love the photos. I can't believe that I missed Flik in his Santa outfit. Where was he hiding?

Corinna

You covered a lot of ground that day. I love the photos. I can't believe that I missed Flik in his Santa outfit. Where was he hiding?
Corinna

I know and it's not even dark yet ;) Flik was up beside the Santa Pencil topper looking thing at the overhang sign that read Flik's Fun Fair! That picture makes him look alot bigger than he was

Day 4, part 6:

So we had just finished at the Monsters Inc Ride and had a bit of time to kill so we slowly made our way up towards Buena Vista Street taking pics along the way:

IMG_3181_zpsncswpr6c.jpg

IMG_3184_zps0ugibjdh.jpg

Funny moment here I was commenting to Momma that Off the Page had Vinylmation trading and I wanted to find it while we were walking along. Momma went to stop some guy who had a Radiator Springs Racers uniform on with his jacket over it. He was obviously either just finishing work or coming in to work but there was another guy who was working behind him. I had pointed at the working guy going we should ask him where off the page is and Momma stopped the Radiator Springs guy but then ended up asking both and the funniest thing was we were literally across the road from Off the Page anyway but neither of us had copped it lol! Once we found Off the Page we wandered toward the exit not to leave but because I had finally found something that was on my “to buy” list before I went to Disneyland and that was an Oswald Hoodie. This was the back of it:
IMG_3276_zps9qhr4vbr.jpg

Hoodie sorted we headed back up Buena Vista Street stopping along the way to watch the Bell ringers for a while:

IMG_3191_zps4wjqavso.jpg

Momma wanted food now. We actually hadn’t sat for food since breakfast and it was now nearing 5pm. So we kept wandering up the street in search of somewhere to eat but then I spotted two Chipmunks about to start a meet and greet and they had the 13th photopass photographer of the day with them:

DSCF3945_zpsptubgosr.jpg

54438990167_zpsazdpay3l.jpg

They were cute. After that we went in to the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café because Momma wanted tea. This was a selection of their yummies:

IMG_3192-001_zpsu3kqlhii.jpg

I left Momma there getting whatever she wanted as I wanted something else they didn’t sell at the café. It didn’t take long to get what I wanted and when I came back she had got this Lemon cake thing and her tea:
IMG_3193_zpsh1abaojh.jpg

I had got me one of the Mickey Elf Popcorn buckets and he was super cute and there was tonnes of Popcorn in him:

IMG_3194_zpsgodso6ys.jpg

When Momma finished her tea and cake we went out to look for a good spot for the Christmas tree lighting and caught the end of another show, with the Red Car Trolley Newsboys:

DSCF3954_zpsr4sicy1u.jpg

DSCF3953_zps0yvug2wl.jpg

DSCF3961_zpsjklhzfwd.jpg

That seemed like a really good little show so I vowed the next day we were in the park to see the full thing. They have a seriously catchy song in it called Suitcase and a Dream as well go look it up it was awesome.

After that we plonked ourselves in front of the Christmas tree and waited:

DSCF3965_zpsp3u3bdsl.jpg

Soon enough though the citizens of Buena Vista Street along with a few Disney friends came out. They sang a few songs and then lit up the tree:

DSCF3969_zpsraykpklq.jpg

21_11_2014%2001_06_0002_zpseaerqozs.jpg

DSCF3970_zpsi6fqkdre.jpg

DSCF3974_zpsl0584wwe.jpg

Soon after the tree lighting it was time for the Pixar Play Parade. My pictures aren’t the best because neither of my cameras were liking the lighting so I had to use my phone:
IMG_3195_zpssozd5sz4.jpg

IMG_3198_zpserwgpnqm.jpg

IMG_3200_zpsgmohkqoq.jpg

IMG_3204_zpsfgcqc5jp.jpg

21_11_2014%2001_35_0001_zpsur0zdqnw.jpg

IMG_3210_zpslwsjevco.jpg

IMG_3215_zpsaebnnyvp.jpg

Great updates! I missed so much when I was there. We did a lot for the time we had, but there is a lot more I want to do and see. Hopefully we will be going in a few months. it's driving me crazy I can't plan yet.

Great updates! I missed so much when I was there. We did a lot for the time we had, but there is a lot more I want to do and see. Hopefully we will be going in a few months. it's driving me crazy I can't plan yet.
That was one thing that really bugged me about Disneyland. WDW you can plan months in advacne. Disneyland not so much because most of the schedules and events were only announced 4-6 weeks before they happened. :(

The Oswald hoodie looks cute. I really enjoyed listening to the bell ringers. I unfortunately never made it to the tree lighting. Still, I always need an excuse to go back. That popcorn bucket is precious.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter