• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR... updated 8/17

The Oswald hoodie looks cute.
I love it. Was so happy I had finally found something I wanted. I went over there with a list of stuff I wanted to buy like the Duffy pillow pal, Chip mug and they had none of it :(

I really enjoyed listening to the bell ringers.
We only really watched them long enough to tak ea few pictures but they were part of the Christmas tree lighting as well

I unfortunately never made it to the tree lighting. Still, I always need an excuse to go back.
It is a good excuse. It's a cute little sing song show :)

That popcorn bucket is precious.

Corinna
I love my Melf! He sits on my chest of drawers and hides stuff for me now :)

I'm not a big Oswald fan, but the hoodie is adorable. I love Bell Ringers and so glad you got to hear them. I bet the tree lighting was lovely.
I LOVE your popcorn bucket. I have one from our trip two years ago and love him (he comes out every Christmas with the decorations).

Working two jobs and doing a musical and campaigning for likes on another video on facebook has me kinda busy! I'm hoping to get an update or two done at the weekend... Less than a month to my 30th as well woo! :banana:

I'm not a big Oswald fan, but the hoodie is adorable.
I was kind of miffed that Oswald made Duffy go away but I still wanted to meet him because he was the original character and wanted a hoodie of him for the same reason :) People over here have commented that it's cute but I'm pretty sure they have no idea who it is besides being a "cute rabbit" :rotfl2:

I love Bell Ringers and so glad you got to hear them.
I loved them at the tree lighting. Didn't spend to long watching them on Buena Vista Street. Momma was eager to get tea

I bet the tree lighting was lovely.
I loved it. The sing song of Christmas carols was great :)

I LOVE your popcorn bucket. I have one from our trip two years ago and love him (he comes out every Christmas with the decorations).
I think he's cute. I wanted the Santa Mickey but the Elf is good to. I didn't put him away he found a new job last week storing some of my preschool piano lesson game bits like the dice and balls and stuff.

Day 4, part 7:

So we were watching the parade:

IMG_3219_zpsbfukiwye.jpg

21_11_2014%2001_43_0002_zpsktaterx4.jpg

21_11_2014%2001_43_0003_zpspomdoca5.jpg

Once the parade was over we wandered in towards Radiator Springs to see it all lit up at night-time. We found the 14th photopass photographer of the day and got picture near the entrance again:
IMG_3230_zpscfuu2d00.jpg

Then we just wandered down along route 66, me taking pictures as we went:

SAM_0693_zpsrkwcreql.jpg

SAM_0697_zps81guirkn.jpg

IMG_3233_zpsk2er6lmc.jpg

I stopped at the Cozy Cone to meet the 15th photopass photographer and this dude:

IMG_3234_zpsdvfokzz6.jpg

Then we crossed the road to Flo’s and got more photopass pics outside there:

SAM_0702_zpsbl4ohzyf.jpg

Mickey Mouse decided to join in with the pictures:

IMG_3235_zpsnnmjaf85.jpg

IMG_3236_zpshdlx6zxx.jpg

IMG_3240_zpsjuuauvci.jpg

On the way out of Radiator Springs we met the last two photopass photographers of the day so 18 in total which was a big improvement to the 5 we found the first day. Next we headed towards Paradise pier since it was nearly time to start searching for a place for World of Colour:

IMG_3243_zpssplma8he.jpg

SAM_0713_zpsuzt84wyr.jpg

We stopped on the bridge to ask a CM where she thought the best place to stand for World of Colour would be. She told us the bridge itself and told us when it got closer to the time to stand over by the pin station close by cos that would be where the queuing started. She took a picture of us with Mickey’s Fun Wheel in the background. Mickey Mouse joined in again as well:
IMG_3250_zpsxtaawzkq.jpg

While we were waiting I got one of these guys to try as well:
IMG_3251_zpswq4ekzvz.jpg

While I was off getting that Momma asked another Cm where to queue for the World of Colour and she told Momma someplace different than the first one. We were in the Blue section and when it came time to queue it seemed highly unorganised:

IMG_3253_zpsujutoc8l.jpg

While we were waiting three queue’s formed and every CM seemed to be telling people to stand someplace different and then some official looking CM in a suit came along and started the proper queue some place different again and a load of people that got there after us were suddenly ahead of us. At this point Momma completely lost it. She had been a tad grumpy all day and when we were passed out by so many she just lost it altogether and starting giving out quiet loudly to the official looking guy who pretty much just smirked and went lady I’ve been here for a very long time I know what I’m doing and I guarantee you all those people that ran ahead of you will go down the steps while you want to go up to the bridge. While she was giving out to him (which wasn’t really necessary) more and more people were going ahead of us so I just walked off and let her at what she was doing and joined the queue. Soon the started letting people into the different areas and when they did I got a spot on the bridge and this was the view:

IMG_3264_zps0i8coc6z.jpg

Momma remained grumpy for the rest of the time in the park saying that if I wasn’t bothered she didn’t care because she didn’t even want to see the show in the first place. I told her I was in Disney and wasn’t interested in hearing negative stuff. After that I sat on the ground while we waited for the show to start and soon the Mickey Fun Wheel challenge started so I played along with that while we were waiting for World of Colour. My best score:

10395833_10153452624462662_8823697546644929691_n_zpslb0cmp2y.jpg

Your mom cracks me up.

I have not heard of the fun wheel challenge...is that an app?

Your mom cracks me up.
I don't think she was in a Disney mood that day somehow :confused3

I have not heard of the fun wheel challenge...is that an app?
The fun Wheel challenge is something they do probably to amuse people because you're waiting so long before the World of colour starts. There's like 3 different colours on the wheel and each section lights up and you have to remember which order they light up and they add another one each time. But anyone with internet on their phones acn join in for free they turn on free wifi on the pier for the duration of the game and you just go to the funwheelchallenge web page and join in. It says winner gets to pick the pattern in the next game but they never showed who the winner was but they did it maybe 5 or 6 times and it did really help pass the time waiting for the show cos I think even with the fast passes you end up waiting nearly 2 hours for the show

oh and the free wifi doesn't work for other websites because I tried get on facebook when it was on but it only worked to play the fun wheel challenge game!

Noticed a couple of pictures of Flo's Café... Did you get to try the food? We did and enjoyed it very much.

We were in the yellow section. It gets crazy insane when you are finally given the go ahead to enter the viewing area...Once in and everyone was settled... You could not even move a inch... and forget it if you have a little one..

A family of 3 little ones were complaining they could not see the fun wheel. the mother put the littlest one on her shoulders and the Dad managed to plop the other two kids on each shoulder.. Then the crowd went wild.. complaining, grumbling and even making remarks to the family not appropriate for the children top hear.... When I had heard enough, I told the family to move in front of us so the children could stand on the rail to watch the show.

It felt so good the help this family and I made brownie points with my DD.

Noticed a couple of pictures of Flo's Café... Did you get to try the food? We did and enjoyed it very much.
We didn't eat there the first day we were in the park. Did the second day (spoiler) will get to it eventually lol!

We were in the yellow section. It gets crazy insane when you are finally given the go ahead to enter the viewing area...Once in and everyone was settled... You could not even move a inch... and forget it if you have a little one..
The whole thing seems extremely badly organised. Any of the CM's we spoke to told us completely different things.

A family of 3 little ones were complaining they could not see the fun wheel. the mother put the littlest one on her shoulders and the Dad managed to plop the other two kids on each shoulder.. Then the crowd went wild.. complaining, grumbling and even making remarks to the family not appropriate for the children top hear.... When I had heard enough, I told the family to move in front of us so the children could stand on the rail to watch the show.

It felt so good the help this family and I made brownie points with my DD.
I don't think i could handle taking a child to see the show. The wait was to long for me never mind a child.

Let's get day 4 finished:

Day 4, part 8:

So once the fun wheel challenge game ended it was time for World of Colour Winter Dreams:

ca7%20002_0003_zps8qivpp4x.jpg

It was presented by OLAF:

ca7%20010_0001_zpsq8iqdeik.jpg

And included… Toy story Nutcracker:

ca7%20024_0001_zpsxparasol.jpg

ca8%20001_0002_zpsaoxznew5.jpg

ca8%20001_0004_zpsrjxrsfnx.jpg

ca8%20023_0002_zps0cjx5zrv.jpg

Baymax was included even though the movie was just in cinemas at the time:

ca8%20025_0002_zpspfiwwxcw.jpg

There was a sing along where you had to follow Olaf’s bouncing butt:
ca9%20007_0002_zps9x6jquvh.jpg

They turned the heat on briefly:

ca10%20010_0001_zpsb22yss72.jpg

Then this one came along:
ca10%20015_0001_zpsgvu50jnq.jpg

Can you guess what she sang?
That bit was actually really funny. There was two little girls beside me, I would say one was about 4 and the other around 8 maybe but when Elsa came out they started arguing over whose turn it was to be Elsa and sing the song. It was eventually settled when another lady behind them said I want to be Elsa as well so how about we be the Elsa triplets and anyway everyone else joined in the song as well lol. There’s a video clip of it on my facebook page for anyone on it.

Few more pictures;

21_11_2014%2004_42_0002_zpsg2ulqr55.jpg

21_11_2014%2004_42_0003_zpsilea04qn.jpg

21_11_2014%2004_42_0004_zps6xf6dlec.jpg

21_11_2014%2004_42_0006_zpsepy3xh9k.jpg

On the side of what would be California Screamin as well during the show there was other little projection things going on that wasn't on the water and I've never seen anyone mention before on the trip reports I read eg: during the Toy story bit Bullseye was on it chasing his tail as the music got faster. When Olaf was talking Sven was on it a few times doing funny stuff like getting his tongue stuck to the screen.

Once the show ended everyone was herded towards the gates. Oh look and Olaf balloon:

IMG_3267_zpscb94ut5d.jpg

Good night giant Christmas tree:

IMG_3270_zps2axjuidr.jpg

Good night Oswald’s:

IMG_3272_zpsfblfr6q4.jpg

I believe Momma was still in grumpy mode so we walked back in silence to the hotel. Went into the hotel shop before going to the room because I have this picture which was the front of a t-shirt:

IMG_3275_zps993bguga.jpg

Then it was bedtime.

Last edited:
Actually in my DL report I know we had a view of the other side better and a lot of my pictures are from that. The whole WoC is just beautiful

I'm not looking forward to my DH getting his grump on when it's our turn. I'll have to warn him there are LONG waits and lots of pushing and shoving. Watch ME be the one who gives grief to someone... :p

Great pictures by Radiator Springs and the World of Color. It looks as if you got a great spot after all. :)

Actually in my DL report I know we had a view of the other side better and a lot of my pictures are from that. The whole WoC is just beautiful
It is. I loved Olaf narrating the Winter dreams version. He's to funny.

Great pictures by Radiator Springs and the World of Color. It looks as if you got a great spot after all. :)
Radiator Springs is unreal. It literally looks like you've just walked into the movie. I was happy with our view of World Of Colour. There was less people on the bridge than down at the waterfront as well.

I'm not looking forward to my DH getting his grump on when it's our turn. I'll have to warn him there are LONG waits and lots of pushing and shoving. Watch ME be the one who gives grief to someone... :p
I can see how alot of people would lose their temper trying to get a good spot for that.

Hey!

Just wanted to say I have just read all of your updates and I'm now following along. I've been to Disneyland Paris 6 times and Walt Disney World 4 times but I've never visited Disneyland. It's my dream to go and I'm hoping we get to go on our honeymoon next year as I'd love to see the place where Walt once was. I'm absolutely loving your TR and it's making me want to go even more!

Hey!

Just wanted to say I have just read all of your updates and I'm now following along. I've been to Disneyland Paris 6 times and Walt Disney World 4 times but I've never visited Disneyland. It's my dream to go and I'm hoping we get to go on our honeymoon next year as I'd love to see the place where Walt once was. I'm absolutely loving your TR and it's making me want to go even more!
thanks and welcome. Disneyland California is like my second favourite. Nothing is beating WDW yet for me :)

Happy St. Patrick's day to all my Dis friends... Remember it's ST. PATRICK'S DAY. none of this patty's day crap. Patty's day doesn't exist in Ireland!!! Enjoy though and I shall be back soon with another trip report update hopefully. At the mo I'm sick again though so must sleep!

I am glad that you enjoyed World of Color Winter Dreams. I was bitterly disappointed even though I love Frozen and I absolutely adore Olaf. Then again the normal World of Color is so amazing that nothing quite lives up to it for me. I am both excited and worried about World of Color Celebrate which will be showing during my September trip.

I love the photo of the Christmas tree all lit up and that t shirt is so cute.

Corinna

I am glad that you enjoyed World of Color Winter Dreams. I was bitterly disappointed even though I love Frozen and I absolutely adore Olaf. Then again the normal World of Color is so amazing that nothing quite lives up to it for me. I am both excited and worried about World of Color Celebrate which will be showing during my September trip.

I love the photo of the Christmas tree all lit up and that t shirt is so cute.

Corinna
I've never seen the original World of Colour live so have nothing really to compare Winter Dreams to but I thought it was great. Loved how everyone sang along with Let it go :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter