For Men: Do you forfeit your "Man Card" if you attend a Bridal Show?

dejr_8

<font color=CC00FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=33CC
I say yes.

We get a monthly magazine about Chapel Hill that is filled with pictures from various social events. This month's issue had a picture story about a Bridal show. There are maybe a dozen pictures showing future brides with sisters, moms or friends and ONE picture showing a future husband with his wife to be. I say that guy forfeits his man card!

hmm....

I'll admit I went to one with my future wife back many years ago. It was mostly females, but I was far from the only guy.

Had fun too...free appitizer type foods and cake samples as well as free wine from people that wanted you to choose their company.

Jack and Jill showers are not unheard of, although I've never attended one. JMHO, but I don't think men forfeit their manliness if they attend one unless they wear the "Hat of Bows." ;)

I disagree! I went to a bridal show and they were giving away a huge two-week trip to Hawaii and the groom had to be there.

A lot of brides who had their names drawn had to give it up because their groom wasn't present. The couple that won? They were crying and simply overjoyed since they didn't have money for a honeymoon.

And yes, there is free cake and free food and free booze.

My husband came with me to a bridal show when we were engaged. There were TONS of guys there. They even had a "grooms bar" where all the guys went to hang out and got free food and drinks.

He was REQUIRED to be there so we could win a free wedding!!! We ended up winning free Flowers at our wedding so it was TOTALLY worth it. He didn't think he lost his "Man Card". Heck, it saved him about 1000$ that he would have had to spend on flowers anyway!

I only think the groom loses the man card if he has more opinions on the wedding than the bride!

I know a woman's whose husband had to be there for everything, even picking out her dress and the bridesmaids dresses. He is a controlling SOB and she should realized then that her entire future would be the same.

Yes but with 2 exceptions:

If you are the groom, you get a pass.

A Jack & Jill shower but you gotta make sure there is game on so you & the other guys can peel off slowly.

If you miss on these 2 you may be forfeiting something more important later on :rotfl2:

I only think the groom loses the man card if he has more opinions on the wedding than the bride!

I know a woman's whose husband had to be there for everything, even picking out her dress and the bridesmaids dresses. He is a controlling SOB and she should realized then that her entire future would be the same.

My girlfriend is getting married to an anal uppity jerk who will not accept ANY of her ideas unless they reflect the TOP OF THE LINE :snooty:.... did I mention he doesn't have a job????? :confused3

My girlfriend is getting married to an anal uppity jerk who will not accept ANY of her ideas unless they reflect the TOP OF THE LINE :snooty:.... did I mention he doesn't have a job????? :confused3

Her father paid for the wedding. Between the woman and her husband they have a great entitlement mentality. Both feel her father should pay for lots of stuff for them and their 3 kids since dad makes lots of money. The husband won't even bother watching his own children when she fell recently and sprained both ankles.

I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" pretty regularly. I'm always amazed when the groom is there to witness the bride trying on dresses!

But for a Bridal Show that contains things about reception places, cake, flowers, etc...I don't think it means he has to forfeit his "man card." A lot of couples make those decisions together (well, maybe not the flowers :laughing: ) But I know my friend's fiance is definitely into the tasting at their possible Reception-site. He doesn't really care about anything except how the food tastes!

Yes but with 2 exceptions:

If you are the groom, you get a pass.

A Jack & Jill shower but you gotta make sure there is game on so you & the other guys can peel off slowly.

If you miss on these 2 you may be forfeiting something more important later on :rotfl2:

Agreed.

Absolutely no do the men lose their cards. I have been to several with my daughters and their fiances. There are probably more men there than you realize. I think the men don't mind going when they realize there will be FOOD samples there:)

Better question is why would any man WANT to attend a bridal shower?

We had a "Tool Shower" with my husbands side of the family... We got all sorts of great stuff... i.e. shovels, screw drivers, first aid kits, folding lawn chairs, camping stuff... it was GREAT. I would have never gotten those items at any of my bridal showers.

Plus it makes it less awkward when I am talking to his 3rd cousin twice removed through marriage who I have never met before.. if he is there with me. I am all for guys being involved in the wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter