For anyone who has ever requested connecting rooms...

We requested and were given an adjoining room for the grandparents at GF for December 10-14, 2014. That was a lower crowd time period; not sure if that factored into it.

How does the new online checkin affect requesting connecting rooms? There isnt a place to request it.

Requested about ten times and got them once
Just called the other day to request again so we will see in a week

How does the new online checkin affect requesting connecting rooms?

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on getting requests granted.

There isnt a place to request it.

Nope. That is why I recommend calling in any room requests and skip that section during online check in. The options are predetermined and limited during online check in.

Family of 6 2 adults and 4 kids - got our "guaranteed" connecting rooms at sold out CBR last fall. It's the only request we got, but also the most important one!
Booked them again for CSR this Fall.
When you have 2 adults, it's not guaranteed. The adults can split up and each take some of the kids. While it's not ideal or what you want to do...it can be done. Read the terms and agreements of your hotel contract. You aren't technically guaranteed a room at the resort you booked at!! ;)

We have requested connecting rooms twice at ASMo, Poly, and Cont and we always got them. All of these times were from summer months also.

We've requested connecting rooms both times we've been there and got them. 1st stay was at ASM and 2nd was a CBR.

I requested connecting rooms at Pop Century in June of 2013. Request granted, no problems. We checked in on a Friday night. I booked both rooms myself with an AP rate directly through Disney.

The time we requested connecting rooms we had 3 rooms, 2 rooms with 2 adult/ 2 kids and 1 room with one adult. We wanted one of the rooms to connect to the adult in the other room. We got connecting rooms but it connected between the 2 rooms of 2 adults and 2 kids. (the other adult was placed in a room with a king bed). We really didn't need it, we tried to give it to a family that wanted it but they were over booked. I just felt bad for my mom she was placed so far away from us all. Her room wasn't even close to the connecting rooms. She did have a nice view....oh well it was a great trip

We requested connecting rooms at POFQ in 2012 and when we arrived we were in completely opposite buildings. They changed our rooms and upgraded us to a river view room that was connecting. :) They were very accommodating. However, I guess this would depend on how booked the resort was when you are going.

I went with my husband, daughter and ex-husband twice. Yes...you read that correctly. ;)

My ex didn't want to miss out on a Disney trip with his daughter. I did NOT ask for a connecting room and got one. The next trip I made sure to ask for NON-connecting rooms and still got one. Lol. My daughter asked what that door was for and I just said I wasn't sure and that was that.

I was willing to share a trip with her dad, but we're not that close. Hahahaha.

We've requested connecting rooms the past 3 trips and have only gotten them once...but they were next to each other so it wasn't a huge deal since we had adults in each room. Our next trip is scheduled for November and we'll be requesting them again so I guess we'll see how it goes!

I requested and received connecting rooms at POFQ during Halloween week 2012 (all adults). I've found Disney to be very accommodating with room requests when I've made them, so I think you have a good chance.

Requested adjacent rooms at POR last July and got connecting which was fine. I think they give priority to families with young children.

We've always got connecting rooms when we've requested them - and that's a LOT of times....

We stayed at POFQ last November. We actually made a few requests since my sister was pregnant at the time and her DH has MS. We requested building 4, 1st floor and connecting rooms. The resort was booked 100% when we arrived at check-in, but they did grant our request for connecting rooms so that was nice. The resort is small so we didn't mind that we were in building 1. It was nice to have the adjoining door though.

I requested connecting rooms once, early December at POR, for my elderly Dad, myself and 2 dds and my sister. We didn't get the connecting rooms, got 2 rooms 3 doors away. We didn't complain or ask to be moved.

We haven't gone yet so it remains to be seen but... Our TA told us she just found out from Disney when she was booking our rooms that they do guarantee connecting rooms for families with only 2 adults and more minor children than will fit in one room. We are a family of 9 (hubby and I and our 7 kids ranging from 16 down to 3) and we supposedly have 2 connecting rooms guaranteed at CBR for Dec. 11-19 later this year.

There could be 100 people who get connecting rooms every trip no problem, but that doesn't mean your chances are better. It solely depends on how full the resort is. There's only a certain number of rooms that connect. If it's a slow time of year, you're checking in early, and/or there's a large number of check-outs that day, then that will increase your chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter