• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For anyone who has ever requested connecting rooms...

I have always gotten connecting rooms when I have requested them, and it wasn't for small children, it was for my parents, lol... The Wilderness Lodge 3x, Polynesian and POP Century have all honored my requests, You can also fax a request to the hotel directly 3-5 days prior explaining your situation and why you have requesting the connecting rooms..

Most resorts no longer look at faxes. Por and Pofq do, but they are the exception, not the rule. It doesn't hurt, but I wouldn't rely on a fax getting you your requests every time. It really depends more on luck than anything.

We have received connecting rooms every single time we have visited (see ticker). Some visits with 3 adults, two kids under 11 and some with just two adults, two kids under 11.

I'm guessing if they guarantee your rooms in writing (or email) and can't deliver, then they don't really have a leg to stand on when you want to put your teens in a room by themselves. At any rate, whatever happens we'll go with the flow and have a wonderful time, and that's really what it's all about. :)
E-mails can be altered (I used to work in Custome Service for a large company that prohibited e-mail contact with customers solely for this reason), and while a computer might generate terminology to the effect of "guaranteed connecting", the fine print permanently printed on all mailed confirmation belies this.

Can you get a connecting room in a DVC studio villa? We are going in September with grandparents and staying at AKL Jambo house. Just wondering if that was even an option!

We've requested it 3 times and never got connecting, but always next door.

I'm in the midst of the age old dilemma of which resort to choose... and my big question mark surrounds the likelihood of getting connecting rooms at a moderate for our large family vs. a family suite. Our family was "guaranteed" connecting rooms based on the ages of our kids (I know... it's NEVER really guaranteed). It seems like so many of the comments I read are from families who DIDN'T get the connecting rooms they requested... I'm curious how common it really is to actually get or not get a family's request for connecting rooms. So, please help me out by posting whether or not you were granted your request for connecting rooms, the resort, any special circumstances, and how it was or wasn't resolved. Did Disney do anything to try and remedy the situation. THANKS!!
We have always been given connecting rooms.

Can you get a connecting room in a DVC studio villa? We are going in September with grandparents and staying at AKL Jambo house. Just wondering if that was even an option!

No, there are no connecting studios at AKV. I believe the Poly has the only DVC connecting studios at WDW, and they are also request-only. No guarantees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter