For anyone who ate dinner at the parks on there Hooneymoon question

lovemickeyshouse

DISNEY LOVER
Hi did anyone who ate dinner at Disney park resturants get anything special? Thanks because so far ate at Chefs De France and had our pins on and got nothing.

DD and her DH ate at Bistro de Paris on their wedding day - she in her short wedding dress and he in his tux, and they didn't receive anything special!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We wore ears and badges and the only place we got anything more than a congrats was ohana.

We got 3 cupcakes.

For birthdays, anniversies, honeymoons, and other celebrations,
no restaurant/resort is that much better than another.

1) Acknowledgment is a matter of the CM's personal initiative.
. . . depends upon how much they like you as a guest
. . . depends if they feel like doing anything special today
. . . depends upon the phase of the moon
2) CM's can do a lot, or they can do nothing at all.
. . . they are under no obligation to give goodies or acknowledge
. . . but, they can go way overboard and give lots of gifts to a guest
3) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
4) Have anniversary-birthday-celebration-honeymoon noted on the ressie and ADR's.
5) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers or desserts
. . . cakes
. . . cupcake with candle (almost always available for the asking)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . free appy or free dessert
. . . room full of balloons and/or flowers
. . . fruit basket or wine basket in hotel room
7) If you want something special (cakes, etc) buy them instead of hoping for them.

On our honeymoon, we ate a several locations in and out of the parks. We were (quite luckily) acknowledged at every restaurant. Most were with a cupcake or small plated dessert with the words "Congratulations" on the plate. One gave us a card.

We expected nothing and were delighted to have been so liberally pixie dusted. When I placed the reservations, the CM taking the res over the phone asked if we were celebrating anyting. so I told her it was our honeymoon. So she noted that on all the ADR's.

Hi did anyone who ate dinner at Disney park resturants get anything special? Thanks because so far ate at Chefs De France and had our pins on and got nothing.

Well, if you were the only couple in the park celebrating a wedding, they might even have you ride the fireworks barge at Illuminations. But, unfortunately, you are one of many celebrating.

Nope had wedding and honeymoon at WDW last year and wore ears/pins. Did get lots of congrats but no special pixie dust but its still the best place on earth and just all the congrats was nice. Was a week and a half of celebrating with family :-)

We are usually celebrating some occasion when we are in the world, whether it was our honeymoon, anniversary or bday. Wore our bride and groom ears and pins, made notes on ADRs of celebrations.... Yachtsman steakhouse gave us personalized menu and free dessert, Cali grill took a free pic of us and free dessert, chef Mickey free cupcake and celebration placemat, got a happy anniversary card at jiko, and many congratulations. Disney really makes you feel like royalty whether it be with a little pixie dust or just their friendly CMs.

We received one or two personalize menus (I believe one from Narcoossees) and we received champagne at Hollywood Brown Derby for our Honeymoon. A personalized signed card from Jiko. Other than that, we just got cupcakes or something along those lines. We did get smothered in pixie dust at our resort, though!! We were upgraded like crazy, so I can't say anything disappointing at all about Disney not making an occasion special at times.

EVERYONE is celebrating something nowadays so honestly I would expect nothing because there is a good chance you'll get nothing.

We honeymooned in 09 and were pleasantly surprised with our meals, but in the past 3 1/2 years its changed a lot.

We honeymooned at WDW back in 2004. We ate at CRT and were given 2 beautiful etched wine glasses which were a huge surprise and are on display in our china cabinet at home. :) CRT has changed A LOT since then (we go eveytime we're at WDW so probably 6 times in the last 8 years). Each time we go we "celebrate" our anniversery. Never expecting or receiving anything else. This past time we went though we received a poster with all the princesses signatures. Which was really nice. I think there are just SO many people celebrating ths anymore it's just harder to get 'singled' out.
Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon!

We also honeymooned in 2004 and got the wine glasses from CRT. We don't drink, but we thought it was really nice and we drink sparkling cider every year out of them to celebrate. At Le Cellier's they gave us a dessert and a signed card from Pluto congratulating us. I think that was it. We only ate at a couple of table service though, we were poor college students :)

lovemickeyshouse said:

We only got one freebie during the week we were there. We got free champagne our first night at Narcoosee's. That meal was so memorable. We got there and it was pouring rain and we were running late to our reservation because I didn't realize we couldn't take a bus from Magic Kingdom over I called them to tell them we were going to be late and they greeted us at the door with fluffy, warm towels to help us dry up. We got a fantastic seat and a wonderful server and then she brought us champagne to go with our dessert. It left such an impression that we intend to go there for every trip.

So, yeah, only one freebie. However, we got tons and tons of people congratulating us everywhere throughout the parks, which was awesome.

Edit: Scratch that, we did get a huge cupcake at 1900 Park Fare on our last day there as well. That was less memorable though considering we were absolutely stuffed from the buffet and neither of us really wanted it (we did take a few bites though). We also got stuff like confetti on the table and congratulations made from chocolate, but nothing more substantial than that.

Back in 2008 Coral Reef use to let you email and request Mickey to dive in the tank and hold up a sign with the words you choose plus personalize the menu with your names and pics

When Mickey came down the tank and held up the sign Tommy you are my Prince Charming, I love you the look on my husbands face was unforgettable! The whole restaurant clapped as he kissed me!!!

Then the waiter brought us a champagne toast on the house!

On our 2nd anniversary at Narcossee they did personalized menus and a champagne toast!

The Poly sent us chocolate and a card..

In most of the stories I have heard of people getting exra it was people with ADR's who had a note made when they made the ADR. That is what I plan to do for my Disneymoon next Oct. But even if I don't get any "extra" I will just be happy to be thier with my new DH:love:

Okay, well we honeymooned in Disney in September of 1990! (and yes, we're still going to Disney World every chance we get!)

I get so jealous of what is available now that wasn't then!! I wish they had the bride and groom Mouse Ears..we totally would have worn those! They have all kinds of bride and groom Mickey and Minnie's now... the only 'couple'ish souvenir I found back then was a figurine of Minnie looking lovingly at her Mickey. I actually bought it at Pleasure Island, on one of the nights we did the New Year's Eve "every day"...really wish they still offered the clubs and that party!

We celebrated our 20th anniversary on a Food and Wine trip, just the two of us. We now have 4 kids, so this was a big deal...since we also attended our first MVMCP that year, I bought a figurine of Mickey and Minnie in their Victorian Christmas outfits. It now sits next to the one I bought on our honeymoon.

I guess what I'm thinking is that in 1990 they weren't 'celebrating' everything. We didn't even need ADR's to eat in Cinderellas's Castle! But I remember so many magical moments of that trip, and so many since then. Just being able to spend your honeymoon in Disney World is priceless. :)

Littlenemo said:
We wore ears and badges and the only place we got anything more than a congrats was ohana.

We got 3 cupcakes.

Same for us!

I was there earlier this year on my honeymoon. I was asked when I made the ADRs if we were celebrating anything special, I would say yes, we're on our honeymoon, but none of the restaurants did anything special. I kind of wondered why they even bothered to ask.

We honeymooned at the world in 2008 and we got a few "freebies". We were had a heart made of confetti for us at Liberty Tree Tavern and received special desserts with some sort of commemorative writing on the plate at Boma, Coral Reef and O'hana I believe.

We also were chosen by the dream squad for a special viewing of Wishes because of our buttons. They took us up to the Astro Orbiter exit above Tomorrowland and blocked off the line so that we (and a couple other groups could watch). We were also given free counter desserts and free dole whips during the trip from CMs.

We wore the honeymoon pins all day and wore the bridal ears every evening. We got a personalized menu at Coral Reef and at Narcoosees and we had Mickey confetti at California Grill. No free food, but we were on the dining plan, which back then included appetizer and dessert. We got lots of congratulations from CMs, which is what we were hoping for, so we were very pleased!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter