For anyone who ate dinner at the parks on there Hooneymoon question

Just being able to spend your honeymoon in Disney World is priceless. :)

Thank you. We went to Disney World on our honeymoon back in 1982. We got nothing that was not included in the package (which my in-laws paid for as our present). We didn't expect anything. We have been back numerous times (we are approaching 60 times), including our 20th and 30th anniversaries (all spent with multiple family members). I don't care if I get a free cupcake, my focus is on my husband and now my family.

Sorry to the OP but quite honestly, thinking Disney is going to bend over backwards because you are on your honeymoon is quirky thinking in my mind. Why not just enjoy your new life?

In most of the stories I have heard of people getting exra it was people with ADR's who had a note made when they made the ADR. That is what I plan to do for my Disneymoon next Oct. But even if I don't get any "extra" I will just be happy to be thier with my new DH:love:

Update we noted everywhere and had 2 special things happen so far.First Cp breakfast on Friday we had the heart on the table with little Mickey confetti and then a cupcake with a candle. Then at Cl Yc room we had choclate covered strawberries with a card saying Happy Hooneymoon.Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.Matter of fact at Chefs De France the girl was rude.At Hollywood studios American Idol the host went out of his way to announce our Hooneymoon and ask questions on the mic.We still have 2 more resorts to visit.

...Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.....

Why would failing to get lots of attention that it was your honeymoon negate the tip? Was the food bad? Did you tell them about it? I see where you thought the CM at Chefs de France was rude. What happened?

It is completely up to the CM wether they want to do something special for any guest. You also have to understand there are literally thousands of honeymooning couples at WDW at the Same time.

Other than the special treatment at coral reef and Narcossee in over 20 trips including honeymoon, birthdays and anniversaries that has been the extent of special treatment and while sometimes discouraging when you read other couples getting this or that I understand its something special and cannot be expected. Everyone there is celebrating something and Disney would go broke doing something for everyone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We celebrated birthdays and our honeymoon at Disney but never got anything special . It didn't really bother us at all because at the end of the day we were having fun.

We usually got congrats from a lot of CMs on the honeymoon and most our birthdays but it was kinda odd that this past birthday of mine I actually had more guests in the park shouting out happy birthday to me than CMs.

We honeymooned at Disney in 2002. We wore our Just Married pins. We absolutely got something special - dinner as husband and wife in an amazing place that we love. That's all we needed. The lack of a free cupcake, or strawberries or confetti did nothing to make us less excited about the fact that we were starting our lives together. :lovestruc

We never expected anything either.

We ate every meal at Disney on our honeymoon and didn't receive anything extra. I wasn't expecting it either since hundreds of couples honeymoon there each year they couldn't possibly cater to each and every one of them.

Update we noted everywhere and had 2 special things happen so far.First Cp breakfast on Friday we had the heart on the table with little Mickey confetti and then a cupcake with a candle. Then at Cl Yc room we had choclate covered strawberries with a card saying Happy Hooneymoon.Dinners we got nothing and wanted to leave a small tip.Matter of fact at Chefs De France the girl was rude.At Hollywood studios American Idol the host went out of his way to announce our Hooneymoon and ask questions on the mic.We still have 2 more resorts to visit.

I'm sorry that you're having a disappointing trip, but if someone told you that you'd be getting extra stuff at every meal, and special attention everywhere you went, they gave you really bad information. It just doesn't work that way, even if you noted it on your reservations.

We were just married at the Grand Floridian and went to Ohana that night in my wedding gown and DH in his suit. They gave us a special dessert with a large chocolate Mickey that said Congratulations. It was very nice. But there are tons of honeymooning couples at Disney. If you go expecting to get something, then you are going to be disappointed.

Thanks for all your replies .In the end I think we had high expectations but yesterday at lunch the Cm said I wanna give you a free dessert.We are now back home and had lots of fun including on Monday night at the Xmas party when we went to get pics with characters Daisy and Minnie who made a really big deal out of us and decided to play alittle game which was one of the most amazing things I seen at the World.11 visits since 2005 as an adult and yes I will be going back for many more.In closing for all future hooneymooners don't expect things and you will have a blast.Happy Holidays everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter