• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For all of you going at Thanksgiving time.....

We are staying at the Coronado the same time!! Hope your vacation is wonderful:)

We are at CSR 11/25-12/2!!!!!

I am a little worried about thanksgiving ADR's, but I am just going to go with the flow. We want to eat at a resort that night and have a nice dinner. Ayone have any suggestions for a nice place that would be a little lees in demand douring that time??

ETA: I am glad someone posted a link to the thanksgiving menus from last year. I didn't realize that Ohana didn't have its regular menu. i am crossing that one off my list.
Here is my list so far in order of Preference. Anyone have experience with the thanksgiving meals at these places:

1. Chef Mickey (I know it is a longshot, but here's hoping)

2. Trail's End (Last year's menu sounded really good)

3. GF Cafe (Becuse the reg. menu sounded good and it is in the GF!)

4. Wispering Canyon (always wanted to try this place)

Any feedback??

3boys4me; thanks for that link I'll go take a look at it!

princessmom29, we will be at CSR at the same time too (11/26-12/4).

I went online on the 23rd of August to make ressies for Thanksgiving. Was able to get all my ressies except for Thanksgiving. I had to call and was able to get anytime I wanted at the Liberty Tree Tavern. The online system was blocked.

We are at CSR 11/25-12/2!!!!!

I am a little worried about thanksgiving ADR's, but I am just going to go with the flow. We want to eat at a resort that night and have a nice dinner. Ayone have any suggestions for a nice place that would be a little lees in demand douring that time??

ETA: I am glad someone posted a link to the thanksgiving menus from last year. I didn't realize that Ohana didn't have its regular menu. i am crossing that one off my list.
Here is my list so far in order of Preference. Anyone have experience with the thanksgiving meals at these places:

1. Chef Mickey (I know it is a longshot, but here's hoping)

2. Trail's End (Last year's menu sounded really good)

3. GF Cafe (Becuse the reg. menu sounded good and it is in the GF!)

4. Wispering Canyon (always wanted to try this place)

Any feedback??

I'm really worried about getting Chef Mickey's. I read here or was it another thread that someone was only able to get Chef Mickey's the last day of their trip which was the 28th. I'm not necessarily wanting to go Thanksgiving Day, but it is definitely on my must do list for our trip.

Good luck with your ADRs!

My friend is coming for Thanksgiving with her 3 year old and arrives Thanksgiving day. We are going to eat at The Gaylord Palms for lunch (Villa de Flora.) They have a really nice meal on Thanksgiving and then we will see ICE! We will probably hang out in the Polynesian concierge lounge for dinner (sure we will be stuffed) but maybe we will book the Mickey's Backyard BBQ meal. Has anyone done it on Thanksgiving day? We ate there twice but it was the regular meal. I hope IPO can get the other meals we want! CRT and Brown Derby on Friday, Tutto Italia and Jiko Saturday and GF Tea and Ohana Sunday (followed by MVMCP!)

We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Thanksgiving Day in 2004. We had a good time. It was a standard Thanksgiving meal, buffet style. The entertainment was good too. My husband would go back there, but the girls and I want to try something new.

The only thing to remember is that it is outdoors. It's covered, so if it rains you are OK. It was a cool day. I had brought a sweatshirt for myself and my toddler, but my older girl didn't need a sweatshirt. According to her, "she would be fine!" Well, of course in the evening it got cooler, and I ended up having to purchase a sweatshirt for her there. They didn't have a whole lot of options available, so she had to settle for what they had. Just make sure that you dress for the weather.

PatriciaH--You asked about Mickey's Backyard Barbeque for Thanksgiving. I posted this response a few days ago on another thread. Hope this helps.

We did "Thanksgiving at the Fort" (it is Mickey's Backyard Barbeque except with traditional Thanksgiving food) last year for lunch on Thanksgiving Day. My then-seven year old loved it--loved the food (I think she had 4 helpings of the stuffing ), loved dancing with the characters, loved playing all the games like hula hoop, lawn bowling, etc. I just asked her about it again and she said "It was awesome mom." I thought the food was fine--not OMG good, but there was nothing bad about it. I am not a country music fan, so the singers, rope trick guy, etc. were just "ok" to me, but she liked it. I am glad we did it once, but I would not want to use two TS credits to go again.

This year we are going to have dinner at Chef Mickey's on Thankgiving Day.

I made my reservations this morning all online except for Thanksgiving Day because the system would not let me. There is 4 of us (two kids 9 & 5). This is what I ended up with:

11/25 - Rose and Crown 4:45 pm
Thanksgiving - WCC 4:05 pm (only other time available for 4 was 7:25 pm)
11/27 - Boma 5:15 pm
11/28 - Wave 5:30 pm
11/29 - lunch at Play n Dine 11:45 am and dinner at Mama Melrose 5:15 pm
11/30 - Tony's 5:05 pm

I was satisfied with everything we got and was pleased with the online system for the most part. Based on my conversation with a CM at 7 am this morning. There is slim pickins at most of the popular restaurants (either very early or very late). Good luck to all. I am just happy that I can relax. I was very stressed out about it but it all worked out.

What time can you start making the reservations? I read 6:00 a.m. for online reservations but is that Eastern time??

Did ressies this moring. Ended up with Boma for thanksgiving which was our second choice, but got in everything we wanted except Mama melrose fantasmic.

Thanks for the info!! I guess I will be getting up early as I live in CST which makes it 5:00 a.m. :eek:

I am central too. I got up at 4:30 this morning to get ready and then do ressies. It paid off, as i got what I wanted. Oh, and you may want to check back later. I just snagged a 3:50 Le Cellier that wasn't there at 6:00 am.

I am central too. I got up at 4:30 this morning to get ready and then do ressies. It paid off, as i got what I wanted. Oh, and you may want to check back later. I just snagged a 3:50 Le Cellier that wasn't there at 6:00 am.

LeCellier is on my itinerary but not until 12/5. What day did you schedule it for? I am most concerned about Thanksgiving Day - Cape May around 6:30 p.m. Glad to hear you got what you wanted - hope I am that lucky!!! Have a great trip! :)

LeCellier is on my itinerary but not until 12/5. What day did you schedule it for? I am most concerned about Thanksgiving Day - Cape May around 6:30 p.m. Glad to hear you got what you wanted - hope I am that lucky!!! Have a great trip! :)

I had a Nov 27 lunch at 12:05 which was all I could get at 5:00am. I just booked a 3:50 on Nov 28th, and will be cancelling on the 27th. I also moved my Les Chefs dinner to the 27th from the 28th without a problem. I got Boma for thanksgivnig at the exact time I wanted. Good luck!!!!

I will be staying onsite from 11/25 - 11/30.

I woke up at 4:45 a.m. CST to begin preparing all my stuff to do my reservations online. What I couldn't get online I called in at 6:00 CST to get over the phone. I got everything I wanted but I am still trying to tweak some of the times.

This is what I was able to reserve (all for a party of 7):
Wednesday, November 25
Chef Mickey's at 4 p.m. (trying to get a later time)

Thursday, November 26
Sci-Fi Dine In for 11:10
We are eating Thanksgiving dinner at an offsite restaurant

Friday, November 27
8:40 am - BBB in the castle
Lunch at CRT @ 2:10 pm

Saturday, November 28
Donald's Safari Breakfast @ 8 a.m. (I will probably cancel this)
Dinner @ 'Ohana at 8:20 p.m.

Sunday, November 29
Akershus Princess Breakfast @ 8:25 AM
Whispering Canyon Café @ 7:00 p.m.

Got Everything I Wanted!!!!

11/25 Rainforest Cafe at A.K. for 6:15 p.m.
11/26 Teppan Edo for 6:50 p.m.
11/27 Sci-Fi for 6:00 p.m.
11/28 Chef Mickey's for 9:20 a.m.
11/28 1900 Park Fare for 6:25 p.m.

So happy! Was up at 4:30 a.m. here in Louisiana and got everything but Thanksgiving dinner on-line. Called in at 6:00 a.m. and has on hold for like 30 seconds and got my dinner. Can't wait till Thanksgiving with the Mouse!

UP for graps is
11/28 Narcossee's at 6:15 p.m.
11/28 1900 Park Fare at 6:15 p.m.

let me know if you need these.

Wow I thought I was the only one who is terrified on not being able to get ressies on Thursday for Thanksgiving. Last year it was only 2 of us and this year its 6! We are trying for Thanksgiving Eve @ Narcoosee's, Thanksgiving Breakfast @ Ohana's, Thanksgiving Dinner @ 1900, Ohana's for Dinner, Garden Grill, Sci Fi, 50's Prime Time, Japan, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace and Whispering Cafe
I wish everyone the best of luck and pixie dust and it may a bit early but...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Well I was worried back then and all I can say is I survived ADR's!!!
My only question is when did 1900 get so popular? I could get into CM and CRT quicker than I could get 1900!!!
Anyways.... I am truly happy with my ADR's even though I had to do some wheeling and dealing
I did get Narcoosee's for Thanksgiving Eve and how's this for luck -
I originally wanted O'hana's for TG brkfst and 1900 for dinner but I got the reverse!!
I did get everything else I wanted with the exception of Le Cellier (it was more than impossible!) and I am truly happy I got the Garden Grill CP pkg
Hope everyone got the ADR's they truly wanted!!! :cheer2:

Well, I had originally reserved the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package for Thanksgiving dinner. Then, we decided to change our park days slightly, and that totally messed up our reservations on two day Nov. 25th and Nov. 26th. Well, I wasn't too concerned about getting other reservations on Thanksgiving, but I tried for several days and couldn't get anything we really wanted. So, we decided to make Thanksgiving our down day. If we go to a park, we will eat CS that day. On a positive note, it freed up another reservation, so we chose to do an extra Epcot restaurant on 11/27. We have 10:30 Akerhus reservations and 5:45 Coral Reef reservations on Friday. Since we love the Epcot restaurants, I really think we are going to be happier with our choices now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter